• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the most random song you have ever had stuck in your head for no reason?

(I’m not even sure I’ve ever heard the non-parody, lol)

(song starts around 1:30)

Both are regulars for me:oops:

Probably harder to find a song I’ve heard (including advertisements) that hasn’t randomly popped into my head and promptly embedded itself on multiple occasions;)

I heard this in an ad yesterday, on like 20 tv screens at the mall. It's been stuck in my head since. Ugh

I got up this morning with a bit of a headache & had took Nyquil around 2 AM last night--so the songs "Pants-Drunk" and The Nightmare Song from Iolanthe (When you're lying awake with a dismal headache" have been going back and forth.

That is a very long patter song for so early in the day, especially with a bit of a headache.

I have some Gilbert and Sullivan that pops up in my head from time to time, mostly from the "Mikado" and "The Pirates of Penzance".

That is a very long patter song for so early in the day, especially with a bit of a headache.

I have some Gilbert and Sullivan that pops up in my head from time to time, mostly from the "Mikado" and "The Pirates of Penzance".
For me its Cox and Box, Sullivan's first success that comes unbidden. Otherwise its Sondheim for me.

Otherwise its Sondheim for me
Good gosh, you just triggered a whole slew of Sondheim songs from across his works: Company, A little Night Music (which I actually saw on Broadway), Sweeny Todd, Sunday in the Park with George, Into the Woods, etc. etc....

I own Sondheim's massive two volume analysis of his own and others work. I am a HUGE fan.

Good gosh, you just triggered a whole slew of Sondheim songs from across his works: Company, A little Night Music (which I actually saw on Broadway), Sweeny Todd, Sunday in the Park with George, Into the Woods, etc. etc....

I own Sondheim's massive two volume analysis of his own and others work. I am a HUGE fan.

My first Sondheim was Frogs, performed at the Triton College, Chicago, swimming pool. But my favorite song is "A Little Priest" done by LuPone and Hearn at a 2006 celebration concert at Millennium Park. The finest outdoor acoustics that I've ever heard. And, such deliciously clever lyrics.

Last edited:
Now it's this... I can't believe I'm actually old enough to remember this song and I wish I didn't remember it.
Someone had a good laugh making this video.
Edit: This clip is from 2011 but the original song is from 1999 I believe. Also sorry if there's anything inappropriate in this.

YouTube popped up with another cursed song from my childhood when I watched that last one... I used to dance around the house to this song in early 2000s pop star outfits (that I really hope never come back in style) pretending I was in a club when I was a pre-teen.
Edit: Again, this video was reuploaded from the original from 2002. It was pretty popular up until I was in high school (around 2007).

Last edited:
That comment gave me really funny pictures…
Thank you. I always like the turn of phrase that can conjure up images. I've always liked the nutcracker ever since as a child I saw those snippets in Fantasia. I did not see the entire ballet until I was working for a year in Zagreb, Croatia, and attended a performance at their Opera House. It was delightful and terminally cute with all the children performing.

I probably can't post them here due to CW / TW material, but I usually have a Macabre song or 10 stuck in my head at any given moment

GUNSHIP - "Fly for your life"

(I think it got stuck in my head more for the video's visuals than just the song):

New Threads

Top Bottom