• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is an album you loved when you were young that's just as magical to you now later on in life?

ChrisCRISPR

I first discovered this album by complete accident when I was about 15. The album cover was really soothing and aesthetic to me so I bought it and just really fell in love with it. One really cool thing about the frontman, Ray Raposa, that he spent most of his life traveling the country by Greyhound and writing songs. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea and his music is kind of avant garde / experimental but this is the only album that I can listen to 20 years later and still find it as magical and captivating as the very first time I heard it.

My brother showed me this album when I was like 13 and it completely blew my mind. I don't think I've listened to music the same way since then, honestly. It changed everything.

Bruce Springsteens butt was a big part of my life for a while. :)My sister was listening to this album nonstop for some time and I heard it through the wall. I thought it sounded really good so I stole it from her and it's a very good album.

View attachment 121945
You know he's supposed to be peeing in that album cover? Lol! It's a great album, I loved it when my dad used to play it and for maybe 6 months I wouldn't go to sleep unless my dad played a few tracks. I was about 3 years old.

My dad and my mother went to one of his concerts and I begged to go, but I wasn't allowed and I was bundled off to stay with my horrible "mothers mother" (that's what I call her) and there'd be no playing a few tracks to help me sleep.

Buuuuut! The venue where Bruce Springsteen was playing was only about a mile or two away! I could hear it all crystal clear from that horrible grotty bedroom I was in. I got to hear all of my favourites live! :)

Queen: Greatest Hits

Queen-Greatest_Hits-Frontal.jpg

The Best Christmas Album In The World...Ever! (1996)
0_d33f6_1ca6387f_orig.jpg

Nirvana - In Utero
Elton John - Madman Across the Water
Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Pearl Jam - Ten
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Dr Dre - The Chronic
Melvins - Houdini
Metallica - Master of Puppets

These were the albums I grew up listening to and for the most part they still hold up very well today.

Nirvana - Nevermind
R.E.M. - Monster
Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols

There are probably more, but I've played these to death and still love them. I still like most albums I liked since I started really listening to music, and I tend to enjoy every song on most albums I like. But, I'll single these out.

Tales of Mystery and Imagination by Alan Parsons Project
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - the Emerson, Lake & Palmer album
Electric Light Orchestra - Out Of The Blue
The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed
The Moody Blues - On The Threshold Of A Dream
Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds
Tubular Bells 2

Edit: I'm listening to The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed right now. :)

Last edited:
Oops missed one - Pink Floyd - Dark side Of The Moon!
I agree just ordered a copy to give to my daughter- in- law so see can play it for my granddaughter. this is a master piece. biggest selling album. The one song with Clare Torry singing is absolutely stunning. I doubt she has ever heard it being Albanian. Hard to believe its 50 years old.

Just got the cd will give it to my son and fiancé on Sunday when we celebrate my upcoming birthday.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom