• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what gifts did you get for christmas?

toothless

this is mr shadow,my support cat
this is a question to anyone who celebrated christmas whether christian or not.
what christmas gifts did you get this year?

i got a lot of small sensory bits like weighted wrist weights,a large chewie with a street fighter lanyard, a fiddle toy, neurotribes,a big nikko remote controlled car that i am yet to be able to control,a penguin race game-where penguins climb up these steps and slide all the way down this blue track and begin to climb again-this was my favourite toy as a child i would sit there and watch it for hours i love the repetitiveness of it as i know nothing changes,anyway i was talking to my sister in toys r us about this game and i had said i wish they still sold the penguin race game and she found it on a sensory/autism shop. its very noisy though so my dad fixed it a little,its going to pee off a lot of support staff who dont apreciate repetitiveness. :D
i got myself a ralph loren jumper from a charity shop-it was brand new,got a brand new ted baker wallet from there to but i gave it to my dad as a present for his cruise in march.
i got myself a bottle of port from marks and spencer as it was on offer from 16 to 8 pound,its very nice stuff just makes my face feel like its on fire.

im thinking ....why dont we do a secret santa scheme next year on AC so that people who dont get many or any gifts would get something from a fellow autie/aspie,what does anyone else think?

I bought myself most of my gifts. I got a sweater, a pair of Christmas pajama pants, some dvds (childhood favorites - The Outsiders and Harry Potter), two video games (Final Fantasy and Skyrim), and some chocolates. In my Christmas stocking mom got me some chocolates/candy and a gift set of hot chocolate, as well as an extra gift because she overspent on sister. So to be fair she got me and brother a gift each to the value of the extra she spent on sister. Mine was a wax warmer with a few scents to go with it.

I did not get anything not even a Christmas care I am used to that I think If I was to get something I would feel weird uncomfortable lol

Gift-giving in our family has faded to next to nothing: we are all old and hard to shop for! But I did get a heavy flannel shirt from my mother; a sensory delight for me!

I did buy myself some really top quality pipe tobacco, something I only get for myself for Christmas or my birthday.

The best thing was my buying for my niece and an awesome friend of mine jars of Nutella with their names where the word "Nutella" is printed. Giving those was better than the presents I got.

Spouse and I usually make a special sort of meal on Christmas day, as a gift to ourselves. This year it was several types of appetizers, shrimp and a home-made chocolate cake, which today is two lonely pieces in the middle of the dining room table:shortcake::shortcake:

Both of us had stockings, and we bought little things that make our lives more comfortable. Things such as a our favourite kind of chocolate, some hand cream for me, some guitar picks for him. Did purchase a foot massager that warms the feet, and my spouse bought an electronic 'looper' for his guitar.

I got a Blink 182 top, a beanie hat, some remote controlled candles and a bath set (which I won't use... except the bubblebath)

Edit to add: Toothless, the secret santa thing sounds awesome! Count me in

I got a coat and lots of little bits like nail varnish and shower gel and stuff from my mum. Dad gave us money like always, had money and a nail set from parents in law, brother in law got me awesome star wars socks and tassimo pods. Husband got me pink trainers (my fave colour) and my sister got me a Little Mermaid t-shirt and a Sebastian pop figure :D

I got a Scrooge McDuck sketchbook ornament, a heart pin saying Introvert, the webcomic book Introvert Doodles, some chocolate, a Disney Princess calendar, Frozen coloring pages with stickers, a notebook, some toothbrushes, and some hair ties that turned out to not be made for thick hair like mine because two of them broke. :p

One of my brothers said he hasn't gotten it yet but he's giving me an Amazon gift card, and my mom also got me a DVD of Sofia the First, but she didn't know I already had it, so she's giving it to my niece and getting me The Great Mouse Detective instead. :) Also, someone gave my mom some soaps, but she's allergic to nearly every soap out there, so she gave them to me. I love how they smell.

this is a question to anyone who celebrated christmas whether christian or not.
what christmas gifts did you get this year?

i got a lot of small sensory bits like weighted wrist weights,a large chewie with a street fighter lanyard, a fiddle toy, neurotribes,a big nikko remote controlled car that i am yet to be able to control,a penguin race game-where penguins climb up these steps and slide all the way down this blue track and begin to climb again-this was my favourite toy as a child i would sit there and watch it for hours i love the repetitiveness of it as i know nothing changes,anyway i was talking to my sister in toys r us about this game and i had said i wish they still sold the penguin race game and she found it on a sensory/autism shop. its very noisy though so my dad fixed it a little,its going to pee off a lot of support staff who dont apreciate repetitiveness. :D
i got myself a ralph loren jumper from a charity shop-it was brand new,got a brand new ted baker wallet from there to but i gave it to my dad as a present for his cruise in march.
i got myself a bottle of port from marks and spencer as it was on offer from 16 to 8 pound,its very nice stuff just makes my face feel like its on fire.

im thinking ....why dont we do a secret santa scheme next year on AC so that people who dont get many or any gifts would get something from a fellow autie/aspie,what does anyone else think?

Awesome!! You totally cleaned up! Can you post the penguin game on your You Tube chan. because I really want to see that. In my mind, I can see them sliding down but I bet I am all wrong. Wear your jumper, too! Maybe you can show all the things you go so people can know what gifts would rock an Autie's world!

Depends which part of America your from alot of the South use the term thongs for flip flops or if your Puerto rican chanclas is the correct word.
Hello I got some Christmas its an idea from Christmas in Canaan where they have no money for gifts and they father gives each person a wrapped box or tissue paper with an advert for what he would like to give them
I put a brother scan n cut (its an electric cutting machine for make card toppers also dry embosses and will foil card or paper
Stopping

Here are some of the things I got. A wooden puzzle, a Team Canada hockey t-shirt and a mug with a thermal design on it; some beard shampoo and a bottle of pure Canadian maple syrup that I tried out on Boxing Day morning with some pan cakes, really nice. I got £40 as well and some chocolates. This year I more enjoyed getting people gifts than receiving them, I got my brother an electric lighter that charges via USB, very useful for him as a smoker. I got my dad a leather wallet, whiskey stones - an alternative to using ice cubes and a bottle of Jack Daniels. My niece a Jemima Puddle Duck night light which is very sweet especially since it was handmade.

Attachments

• DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    272 KB · Views: 141
Here are some of the things I got. A wooden puzzle, a Team Canada hockey t-shirt and a mug with a thermal design on it; some beard shampoo and a bottle of pure Canadian maple syrup that I tried out on Boxing Day morning with some pan cakes, really nice. I got £40 as well and some chocolates. This year I more enjoyed getting people gifts than receiving them, I got my brother an electric lighter that charges via USB, very useful for him as a smoker. I got my dad a leather wallet, whiskey stones - an alternative to using ice cubes and a bottle of Jack Daniels. My niece a Jemima Puddle Duck night light which is very sweet especially since it was handmade.

Southern- what is your favourite hockey team besides Team Canada? We are 4th Gen Leafs fans.

I guess my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandad can remember (if he strains) a day when they won the Cup, but then again, he may have a false memory.

It may really just be an urban legend that they ever won, but still? You would have to pry the flags and jerseys and memorabilia and ticket stubs from our dead, rotting, frozen, Northern fingers.

That's just how Leafs fans are :)

Southern- what is your favourite hockey team besides Team Canada?

Oh, you might hate me for this but I like the Montreal Canadiens! Maybe one year they'll win the cup if Carey Price doesn't end up injured again for the whole season.

I also have a little bit of a soft spot for the Might Ducks of Anaheim (they'll always be called that for me) purely for film legacy that started them.

I'd like to actually watch it on the TV but I don't have any subscription to TV services and the internet ones like the NHL stream have sketchy unsubscribe methods; I don't want to have to ring up someone in order to cancel a service! So for the time being I'll have to stick to just read news feeds on the game. Sad times.

Oh, you might hate me for this but I like the Montreal Canadiens! Maybe one year they'll win the cup if Carey Price doesn't end up injured again for the whole season.

I also have a little bit of a soft spot for the Might Ducks of Anaheim (they'll always be called that for me) purely for film legacy that started them.

I'd like to actually watch it on the TV but I don't have any subscription to TV services and the internet ones like the NHL stream have sketchy unsubscribe methods; I don't want to have to ring up someone in order to cancel a service! So for the time being I'll have to stick to just read news feeds on the game. Sad times.

HAHA! Oh yeah, the Leafs and The Canadiens! Brawls for sure. I was in a store once with my Leafs hat on. Now, let me say this was all the way down in South Carolina in the States. Trust me, few Leafs or hockey fans in those parts.

ANyway, there I was with my Leafs hat on and this guy rounds the corner with his Canadiens hat on and we lock eyes. I am serious. Funny eyes, not bad eyes. I couldn't resist. I put my dukes up and said, "You know I am gonna have to fight you, right?" He burst out laughing. True story!!!

Alex's Adventures in Numberland by Alex Bellos, a lap tray, a Linkee set, luggage labels, a Lush gift set, an Ogio locker bag, pyjamas, a shower cap and a small suitcase (carry-on baggage size).

My mum was given The Shepherd's Life: A tale of the Lake District by James Rebanks which she's already read, so she passed it onto me. In fact I've already read Alex's Adventure's in Numberland, as the person who gave it to me also gave me it for my last birthday. Duh!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom