• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what gifts did you get for christmas?

One of my gifts was a complete set of tungsten carbide insert cutting edge lathe tool holders for machining metal. They offer repeatability to tolerances upon changing of the cutting area after a tool gets worn or broken.
insert tooling.jpg

Pictured here is my Logan 920 toolroom lathe with the circled hot swapable quick change tool post that holds the cutting tools.

Logan 920 lathe.jpg

This is an image of two of the dovetailed tool holders,one tooled up with a new insert style tool,and the other with hand ground high carbon tool steel bits in it.
The new tools can be indexed into my digital linear readout's library and set up against their built in stops so they always be instantly referenced from a known position.(saves lots of time during setups)

Aloris style quick change tool holders.jpg

One of my gifts was a complete set of tungsten carbide insert cutting edge lathe tool holders for machining metal. They offer repeatability to tolerances upon changing of the cutting area after a tool gets worn or broken.
View attachment 29872
Pictured here is my Logan 920 toolroom lathe with the circled hot swapable quick change tool post that holds the cutting tools.

View attachment 29873

This is an image of two of the dovetailed tool holders,one tooled up with a new insert style tool,and the other with hand ground high carbon tool steel bits in it.
The new tools can be indexed into my digital linear readout's library and set up against their built in stops so they always be instantly referenced from a known position.(saves lots of time during setups)

View attachment 29874
Ahhhh, when I think of the mounds of steel wool I could make with that...o_O

I was given my first metal lathe this past fall: a Unimat SL1000 with a lot of accessories, my idea of fun!

Ahhhh, when I think of the mounds of steel wool I could make with that...o_O

I was given my first metal lathe this past fall: a Unimat SL1000 with a lot of accessories, my idea of fun!
Machinework is a very simple concept. All one has to do to get it right is cut any additional material away from the stock that doesn't look like the print :p

The Unimats are a fun way to go. I have had my hands on some bigger stuff over the years,the biggest one being an American 48 incher with 50 horses driving the spindle :D

My 1952 Logan 920 is 11 inch swing over the bedways,6 inch over the saddle x 36 inches between centers. I added a variable frequency inverter drive that takes my 220 volt single phase current and modifies it to output three phase electricity. The original 3/4 horse single phase motor was replaced with a 2 horse three phase unit that is inverter duty.

I can run the motor for very short times at as little as 3 hz,up to 80 hz now. My box can produce current from 0 hz all the way up to 400 hz.It is not recommended to run it at lesser hz values below 30 hz. due to inefficient cooling by the internal fan,but a short burst won't hurt it.My motor won't stand much more than 80 hz either,so I have it programmed to limit it to 80.
The programmable ramped starting speeds are very delicate on both the machine and the electric meter ;)
The other addition to it last winter was my laser etched glass scaled linear encoder readout with a .0002 in. resolution. That is far beyond the capabilities of the lathe itself,but when I bolt my toolpost grinder on it,it does come into play.

All in all,I have the combined value of the rigidity of an older refurbished machine fitted with modern improvements. Not bad for just a small hobby lathe if ya ask me :D

IMG_0939.JPG
I got this eye of Horus necklace from my husband for Christmas which he got custom made for me since he knows I'm into Egyptian mythology.

Depends which part of America your from alot of the South use the term thongs for flip flops or if your Puerto rican chanclas is the correct word.

Your equals you're.

Sorry for Grammar Nazi-ing but that kind of thing does bug me.

On topic, I got an Xbox One S, some Bathroom stuff, socks, and money.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom