• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What games are you currently playing?

Bought Elite Dangerous in the Steam sale a while ago, been playing it quite a lot - it's good, brings back happy memories of when I had Elite in the 80s on my commodore 64 ;)

I had that on Xbox last year, couldn't get on with the controls.

But sadly I no longer have a gaming PC to get the better controls of the PC version.

I had that on Xbox last year, couldn't get on with the controls.

But sadly I no longer have a gaming PC to get the better controls of the PC version.

Yeah, I'm not too keen on xbox controls for some games, I've configured my PC keyboard/mouse combo quite nicely - haven't got the space for one of those fancy HOTAS joystick type controllers.

The Long Dark just had their 4 Days of Night Halloween event so I have been playing The Long Dark. I'm still an inexperienced player (only have about 60 hours general play time of The Long Dark) so I didn't manage to get any of the event badges. Hopefully will next year! I will try to play it more from now on to get better at surviving. It was fun trying to survive the event despite my struggle. :)

I'm playing Final Fantasy 9 on my Asus 3s 10 tablet. The best Final Fantasy game I've played.

I rented FF 9 on the PS a few years ago from Blockbuster, didn't really like it because I hate turn based combat (comes from playing PSO on the Dream Cast)

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox, started Story mode last night.

I rented FF 9 on the PS a few years ago from Blockbuster, didn't really like it because I hate turn based combat (comes from playing PSO on the Dream Cast)

Oh geez, PSO, now THERE is a game I miss. I had the Gamecube version... "PSO Episodes 1 and 2"... omigod it was amazing. Amazing! The Gamecube's entire function was pretty much just that game, as far as I was concerned. I was glad for that controller though. The DC's controller I always found uncomfortable.

Aaaaaaaand then the whole thing died. No more PSO. Until much later, and even then... only in Japan.

I'd love for them to REALLY bring it back, but.... yeah, it aint happening, is it? Bah.

Oh geez, PSO, now THERE is a game I miss. I had the Gamecube version... "PSO Episodes 1 and 2"... omigod it was amazing. Amazing! The Gamecube's entire function was pretty much just that game, as far as I was concerned. I was glad for that controller though. The DC's controller I always found uncomfortable.

Aaaaaaaand then the whole thing died. No more PSO. Until much later, and even then... only in Japan.

I'd love for them to REALLY bring it back, but.... yeah, it aint happening, is it? Bah.

Yeah, the DC had some cool games, including some good "home brew" stuff.

Apologies in advance to the Mods for this because it's not strictly legal, but one of the better things about the DC was that you could play copied games without modifying the hardware.

Last edited:
Yeah, the DC had some cool games, including some good "home brew" stuff.

Apologies in advance to the Mods for this because it's not strictly legal, but one of the better things about the DC was that you could play copied games with modifying the hardware.

I doubt the mods will care, to be honest.

I used to do the same thing with the PS2 actually. Though the purpose was because imported games were a huuuuuuuge pain to get at the time, so often, that was the only way. Of course the PS2 DID require modifying, and that was trouble too. Didnt help that the thing was a piece of junk to start with.

I've got a friend who can't stand the early Final Fantasies because of turn based combat too. To me it's not Final Fantasy if it doesn't have that.

I've got a friend who can't stand the early Final Fantasies because of turn based combat too. To me it's not Final Fantasy if it doesn't have that.

One of, if not THE best Final Fantasy game(s) I played was FF 2: Mystic Quest on the Game Boy, as I recall the music was sublime, it was the second best RPG on the Game Boy after Zelda 4 IMO.

Considering people can grab it for free until 18th November to celebrate it's anniversary (info here if interested too), I have been playing Destiny 2 today with my husband. It's not too bad! I'm glad I checked it out despite my lack of enthusiasm for first person shooter games. :) I might check out the Gambit Free Weekend next weekend too and see what I think of that content... particularly the PvE mode!

played Elite Dangerous for a while - I used a Saitek p52 Pro HOTAS (Hands On Throttle And Stick)
Star Citizen as well.
Sword of the Stars 2 (turn based strategy with RT combat very buggy in multiplayer) - did some modding on it to fix the beam weapons and rapid fire missiles.
Fractured Space - 5v5 capital ship battles - I play this with one of my friends looks like it might shut down soon though - they stopped development so who knows how long they'll keep the servers up.
Warframe - for all it's 3rd person shooter/looter goodness
Battletech and Xcom 2 for turn based squad level tactics
and many more

New Threads

Top Bottom