• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What game should I get this weekend? On Xbox

What Xbox game to get?

• Syro Reignited trilogy

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Soul Calibur VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save your money and ask for both for Christmas

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I have the choice of Spyro Reignited Trilogy for £30 or Soul Calibur VI for £40.

Vote in the Poll and help me decide.

Last edited:
I've heard Spyro is pretty good. Though I've no idea how it'd compare to the originals (been too long).

Soul Calibur though is like any fighting game: Good if you can spend a bazillion years practicing at it. Tends to have a nasty learning curve, that one. There's alot of memorization involved with it, way more than in something like Street Fighter.

I think you should stop wasting your limited resources on games, and save the £56 towards a computer that you could learn to do something which might bring you in some revenue with.

I think you should stop wasting your limited resources on games, and save the £56 towards a computer that you could learn to do something which might bring you in some revenue with.

I can speak from experience and say that gaming (like most hobbies) can actually lead directly to that. Been there, done that. More than once. It was worth about... $4500, I think it was? For just 2 months of work (and like 15 hours in a week, as I have annoying restrictions). And that was just my experience. For some, it leads to career opportunities, which will be worth way more than 5000. Game designers dont do their work for free, you know. It can be.... lucrative. As long as you dont get into a deal where some jerk screws you over, of course.

Funny part? This wasnt like a "go to college for 2 years and do lots of crap" to get the opportunity. It started because of a specific game I played alot and posted a video of. It's a long story. But needless to say, the cost of that game wasnt a "waste".

Any hobby can lead to unexpected (or sometimes, totally expected) opportunities... gaming is no exception, despite the derpy view the media likes to have of it. Of course, it's up to the individual to roll with any opportunities if they show (or search for them, if they want).

But even just things like mood-boosting benefits or relaxation can make something like this more than worth the price.

I can speak from experience and say that gaming (like most hobbies) can actually lead directly to that. Been there, done that. More than once. It was worth about... $4500, I think it was? For just 2 months of work (and like 15 hours in a week, as I have annoying restrictions). And that was just my experience. For some, it leads to career opportunities, which will be worth way more than 5000. Game designers dont do their work for free, you know. It can be.... lucrative. As long as you dont get into a deal where some jerk screws you over, of course.

Funny part? This wasnt like a "go to college for 2 years and do lots of crap" to get the opportunity. It started because of a specific game I played alot and posted a video of. It's a long story. But needless to say, the cost of that game wasnt a "waste".

Any hobby can lead to unexpected (or sometimes, totally expected) opportunities... gaming is no exception, despite the derpy view the media likes to have of it. Of course, it's up to the individual to roll with any opportunities if they show (or search for them, if they want).

But even just things like mood-boosting benefits or relaxation can make something like this more than worth the price.

I totally agree with you, many hobbies such as gaming can lead to making some money. I’m also well aware games designers “don’t do their work for free.” However, how many game designers or developers or testers etc do you know that work on a chrome book?

I think a half decent computer can definitely lead to learning which could lead to a career, no doubt about it and that could be a great way for someone who simply cannot secure paid physical work despite all their efforts, to make money.

My point is and you’re right “waste” was not a great choice of words, that for the price of a few games one could buy an actual used computer which has the horse power to run game development software, instead of spending the money on a few games. I’m minded of the story about giving a man a few fish to eat then he goes hungry, or teach him to fish so he can feed himself for life.

A Windows PC would cost considerably more than 56 quid.

A good one could be ten times that, I don't have the money.

I bought a five year old iMac for £200 off gumtree for my daughter. She used it to teach herself photoshop, HTML and some CSS, she used X-code to build some basic apps and now buys and sells clothes from eBay deepop etc and makes herself some money. The computer has more than paid for itself a few times over and is still going strong.

Save the £56 you are quarter the way there or spend it on a game and you are a miles away from making any money which is your ultimate aim.

This is all you would need to learn the basics, it’s in your area and is less than £200 so you are quarter the way there already!

2B17A439-5CE4-4BBC-AD01-5988AC08B70A.png

Assassin's Creed Odyssey? I saw the game. I am not a gamer, but wow, it really teaches about the Peloponnesian War. The geography, events that happened (or maybe slightly altered). It's a masterpiece.

Hmm, would an IMac run Unity, Blender, and Photoshop as well as other animation and other apps such as After Effects?

@OkRad I've played some of the older Assassin's Creed games and couldn't get on with the controls to be honest.

Hmm, would an IMac run Unity, Blender, and Photoshop as well as other animation and other apps such as After Effects?

C’mon Rich, I’m sure you’re more than capable of doing the research to find that out for yourself.

REMINDER

The topic of this thread is:
"I have the choice of Spyro Reignited Trilogy for £30 or Soul Calibur VI for £40.

Vote in the Poll and help me decide."

This is not a thread about public assistance.
This is not a thread about how to gain a full or part time job.

The stated TOPIC of the thread is a simple one.
Choosing an Xbox game.
Please direct your replies toward that topic.

@OkRad I've played some of the older Assassin's Creed games and couldn't get on with the controls to be honest.
Apple's operating system will run Blender and Photoshop. If you don't have the money for Photoshop, you could always download the free GIMP and Inkscape.

I totally agree with you, many hobbies such as gaming can lead to making some money. I’m also well aware games designers “don’t do their work for free.” However, how many game designers or developers or testers etc do you know that work on a chrome book?

I think a half decent computer can definitely lead to learning which could lead to a career, no doubt about it and that could be a great way for someone who simply cannot secure paid physical work despite all their efforts, to make money.

My point is and you’re right “waste” was not a great choice of words, that for the price of a few games one could buy an actual used computer which has the horse power to run game development software, instead of spending the money on a few games. I’m minded of the story about giving a man a few fish to eat then he goes hungry, or teach him to fish so he can feed himself for life.

Aha, I see. A good point. I remember the Chromebook thing now. I always forget those even exist until someone actually says the word. Chances are I'm not the only one, which rather says something about those machines... Indeed you are correct though, no opportunities in ANY form will ever present themselves without a proper computer of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom