• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What food or drink do you wish they would bring back?

What are some food/drink items that have disappeared from production, but you want to see back? Here's one of mine: about 10 years ago Target had a line of pasta and sauces sponsored by Giada De Laurentiis. I remember one of the sauces had butter in it and it was probably the best jarred sauce I've ever had. Sadly their contract with her expired, and the sauce disappeared from the shelves. Arrgh!!

Safeway used to sell a store brand Tiramisu ice cream that was simply delightful, but gotgot discontinued 15 years ago.

Frosted Cheerios <3 I know they technically brought it back w/ the Disney's Frozen Promo cereal, but it wasn't the same :(

The Shoppers house-brand organic salsa used to be easily and by far the most flavourful basic salsa on the market, but I guess they got a different supplier for no-name foods since. It might still be available somewhere but I haven't seen it for years now. Used to dump that stuff on everything.

EGG-FU-YONG by Chow-men (Now La-Choy). They took that off the market over 10 years ago and I miss it.

Another thing that I also miss is Little Debbie Cloud Cakes. They were a cheaper and better-tasting alternative to Twinkies.

Pink grapefruit juice. I've had people tell me that there is still pink grapefruit juice, but it always turns out to be red. Not the same thing at all.

I remember in the 80s there used to be a kind of soda machine I think it was called Soda Stream - you had syrups and a machine that carbonized water, and you just added the syrup to make a fizzy drink. There was another version which was a powder that you added to water to get a drink. Really sugary, bad for you, but I'd like to have a low sugur version of this. The nearest I can get is effervescent vitamin or calcium that you add to water.

I remember in the 80s there used to be a kind of soda machine I think it was called Soda Stream - you had syrups and a machine that carbonized water, and you just added the syrup to make a fizzy drink. There was another version which was a powder that you added to water to get a drink. Really sugary, bad for you, but I'd like to have a low sugur version of this. The nearest I can get is effervescent vitamin or calcium that you add to water.
you can still buy a SodaStream in the UK !and they have low sugar syrup ,there about three or four flavours in Sainsbury's.

Mr Frosty, they were very popular in the UK around the early 80's, made ice based drinks, I never had one but wanted one.

you can still buy a SodaStream in the UK !and they have low sugar syrup ,there about three or four flavours in Sainsbury's.
Cool - I just found some on Ebay. I never knew you could still get them - I'm no longer in the UK.

Here, there used to be a kind of chewing gum called "Centre Shock". Basically, they were bitter-sweet: they had a bitter outside and a sweet inside. Kids used to try to play jokes on me by offering me one of these. I was supposed to find them disgusting and make a face and spit it out or something, but I found them truly delicious. I said, "thank you, it's delicious" and they couldn't believe it!!! Then the joke was on them.

Farley's Rusks, used to love them when I was little.

Little biscuits (Americans would call them cookies) that go soft when you put warm milk on them, really REALLY lovely.

I used to love the old Chinese restaurants when I was young used to have that seaweed in the wonton soup they don't do that anymore cant find any near as good

Also is it me or has everything changed from Md's to hot pockets so much stuff just seems different not as good as it used to be not like my taste changed but that it all tastes different than in the 80"s

Another I used to love the Mc DLT you know hot side on the hot side the cold Lettuce tomato on the cold side

Totally remember the McDLT and the catchy commercial. Other taste treats from McD's that I miss include the McRib (a pork patty shaped a little like the Brontosaurus thing that toppled Fred Flintstone's car) and some Batman burger that was basically a triple cheeseburger on an extra-long bun.

I also wish they'd have shamrock shakes all year round.

All the cinnamon sugarless gum brands have been disappearing from ALL store shelves. It started around 2 years ago with A few stores, but most of the big stores still had it. I always bought a bunch when I found it. Like 9 or 12 packs. Now, recently, they ALL are gone. It’s like they never existed! I tried researching online, and it seems that gum manufacturers just stopped making cinnamon gum! There is only one brand left and it tastes all chemically artificial. I want my Wrigleys Orbit brand cinnamon gum!!!

I hesitate to buy any online because I wonder just how long and ancient those packs might be? Why oh why has sugar free cinnamon gum gone the way of dinosaurs?

I see soda stream appliances all the time in the stores. I saw one at Target a couple days ago. I love carbonated water, and wondered if I should get one. I think you could easily make your own syrups for it and they would taste better.
Just go to www.sodastream.com

Other taste treats from McD's that I miss include the McRib

That McRib thing just seems to come and go. When it comes around. It only lasts a couple of months and then it's gone. McDonald's has tried to reintroduce it multiple times over the years and for some reason, it just doesn't stay. Despite it failing every time. I don't understand why McDonald's keeps trying to reintroduce it.

The original Alpha-Bits. There's a "New and Improved" version that is definitely not improved.

Two things come to mind,there use to be a ice cream in Australia called Lolly bag and it was this sweet ice cream shaped like a lolly bag and it had some bits of lollies going through it,it hasn’t been around for years but Ben and jerrys has something similar called cotton candy,another thing I miss is the marinated skinless chicken from Red Rooster and I use to like having the skinless chicken snack pack with chips for lunch.

New Threads

Top Bottom