• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Does Your Username Mean?/Avatars & Identity

It's a pun on Schrodinger's Cat. Meerkats are my main special interest. The concept of Schrodinger's Cat is that the cat is alive and dead at the same time...and is NOT a zombie. When I was a kid, I was bullied in school and blamed for it and was always being yelled at to stop talking about meerkats (I never did...I just talked about them even more and the people who told me to stop gave up or I just cut them out of my life). I was alive physically, but emotionally and spiritually dead.

Nearly everyone here has a secret identity, and most have an avatar. I believe these must be meaningful to the individual, and I've gotten curious about what those meanings are. I invite everyone to share those meanings here.

I chose the secret identity "Shamar" after an old Turkish word meaning "a slap on the face." I chose it because it felt like society was figuratively slapping me on the face constantly, just for being autistic. I originally put together this avatar:
upload_2020-9-25_11-33-9.png
Later on, I came across the quote about judging a fish by the ability to climb a tree, and it seemed to fit so well that I just could not leave it. As an act of defiance, I put together the one I currently use:
upload_2020-9-25_11-44-5.png

What are your stories?

Several reasons, Mia is a shortened version of my best friend's name, who also is HFA.

Also why I named an abandoned kitten Mia, and brought her into my home.

The flowered tree avatar is related to my surname.

Stella Nordica is Latin for Northern Star. Stella is also a first name (not mine though, unfortunately). I liked the idea of having a "real" name online and giving away that I am both female and live somewhere in the north and identify with my home region.

I haven't come up with an avatar yet but I'll probably upload a photo I took in or around my home town far away from any tourist spots, so nothing to recognise. It may be a landscape, a flower or some architectural details. I haven't decided yet and will take my time until I know what will feel right for this forum.

My name is based on the main character from The Legend of Zelda since that game series is probably my most longstanding special interest. Plus I wanted to be like Link when I was a kid, so I thought something based off of him would be a good username for me.

My icon is Link from The Wind Waker because that's my favourite Zelda game and the version of Link I tried to be like when I was a kid. lol

My username is Creep because I am a Creep & all the other usernames were taken. My avatar is my desk top I cleaned off the other day so I can actually see it.

Magna (Mon-ya or I guess Mag-na if you want) is a Latin word for LOUD. I chose it when I joined my first autism forum because I think the world is a very loud place and I'm sensitive to loud sound.

Mine is a witty play on words but it also incorporates my dark and twisty side.

Last edited:
Mine is something that always made me laugh ("What is elbowgrease?!"), I remember my grandpa or maybe one of my uncles saying it when I was really little and first getting a chance to wrench on something in the garage with them. "You've just got to use a little elbowgrease."
But I also think of it as something like "by unorthodox means", or "outside the lines".

Username: savi83
It is simply a play with my surname and year of birth.

Avatar: Mork (Robin Williams) from Mork & Mindy TV series
Robin Williams is one of my favourite actors. I can relate to his character Mork. I don't really understand unnecessary social conventions which sometimes makes me feel alien, as an outsider and I am unable to take some of the things that NT's come out seriously.

My username came from a clip from the Rejected cartoon, where this guy grabs the other's stomach, put it on his head, and declare "I am the Queen of France" while a weird background runs. The numbers in my username is my year of birth. As for my avatar, it's basically a cat who's queen because I love cats, and I thought it would match my username well.

Mine is a joke from my ex, I said as I fell out of bed one night ‘I’m a gazelle’ his response no a giraffe, next day predictive audio txt said giraffes. I’m tall slim and long necked, also I think they are cute animals.

My username is literally just my first and middle name. I don't have my last name here because it's a very uncommon one, and it's easily made fun of, lol.

My PFP is a picture taken of me near the beginning of last school year.

My original profile picture was of a very surprised/startled Mei from one of the Overwatch comics.

I use "dragonfire" because I seriously, legitimately believe I have the soul of a dragon. 42 is, of course, the answer to life, the universe, and everything (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).

I change avatars as my primary obsession changes. Currently it's Leviathan from the second Hellraiser movie.

I'm a fan of a game called "Boktai", which is about a vampire hunter named Django, called the "Solar Boy". So I've used the word "solar" in a few other usernames, but this time I just used the French word for Sun.

The pic is a character named Kino from the anime Kino's Journey, which is about Kino as she rides around on her talking motorcycle from country to country and observes the way people are. I really admire her, and relate to the idea of being an outsider who just goes around observing others.

My name is a mixture of my middle name and the name of my parents' cat. The cat died a few years ago now. I was happy to name myself after him because he was a great cat.

I first chose the name when I was creating an email account in 2005. I have used it on other boards since as I'm not that great at coming up with original names.

My avatar is symbolic of the meanings of my first & middle names.
My username speaks of being a citizen of Heaven.

New Threads

Top Bottom