• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Does Your Username Mean?/Avatars & Identity

Midna

My username is usually Midna because of my name. If I can`t choose Midna, then I choose HeyMidna or sometimes, Nostalgic-Imp or Middie
I only choose these if Midna can`t be my username (because the min username characters is more then 5). If I go to a site and someone already has Midna as the username, I usually don`t join.

I used to hate my name, it was different and I was the only one who had it. I thought what kind of name is Midna?
Then someone told me that my name was in game, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I thought they were just messing with me and they bregged on and on about how I should play the game. The thing was it was for Wii and I didn`t have a Wii yet. They wanted me to go over to their house just to show me. The thing was, I really like Zelda, I have played Ocarina of Time (which is my favorite) and Majora's Mask. I thought they were just getting me to play to game so I would buy it.

In 2008, I had bought a Wii. I know it was for the GameCube too, but I didn`t have a GameCube and the Wii would be a lot better. I didn`t get Twilight Princess until Christmas time. I read the book and one page in the book it mentioned something about Midna. I had to check it a few times, sure enough that;s what it was, even spelled the same as my name. After the character was introduced in the game. I loved my name, not only did my name make to a Zelda game, but it also was one of the main characters.
Before then, I would never use Midna as a username because I hated it, but now it`s pretty much the only username I use becuase it is very important to me.

You`ll probably wondering why I haven`t looked it up on the internet before I got the game? That`s because if I look up a game that I didn`t have yet, especially a game I know that I would really like, it would just mind and I`ll breg about it for everyone to get me the game and I knew I wouldn`t be getting it soon. I had no Wii and they were over 2 hundred dollars Canadian. When I got the Wii, I had it for 4 months before I actually got Zelda. I always like to get the game before I look it up, unless it's a game hardly know anything about.

~Midna

I thought Midna was your alias because you like her in Zelda.

I got mine from A League of Their Own. I took the word and added Girl because I like the movie and I am a female.

I used to be a huge fan of Zelda in my teens and had a crush on Link. I have beaten Link's Awakening many times. I found it the easiest Zelda game to beat.

My username started in 2006. It started on my first YouTube account, and I wanted it to mention SpongeBob (my obsession.) I was going to choose "SpongeBob Rocks", but that was already taken, so I added "Man" to the end of it to form "SpongeBobRocksMan."

These are the versions of my username found on various websites. :)

SpongeBobRocksMan (This forum, several SpongeBob forums and GetClicky, formerly on YouTube, SpongeBuddy Mania and Bikini Bottom Mania)
sbrocksman (YouTube)
SBRoxMan (SpongeBuddy Mania, Bikini Bottom Mania)
SpongeBobRocksMao (Spelling Mistake - found on Wrong Planet)

My nickname was originally:

superboyian - which you see in many places (pronunced: Super Boy Ian)
Superb Oyian - Is on this site because of funny nickname TallyMan from WP gave me so I thought I like that and stuck to it.
hyperdude0123456 - is just my youtube page.

superboy - Super hero DC comics.
Ian - Its my name. :)

I have used Anastassia Florine for 8 years. It's not my real name, but I'm used to being called Ana and answer to it just like I answer to the name I was born with. I just made an account called Ana54 on a board I was banned from. I just made it up off the top of my head; the 54 means nothing. I got Anastassia Florine by typing in the name Anastassia on Yahoo to see if there was anyone wioth that spelling of that name. Anastassia Florine came up. I decided I liked the name and that it went well together, despite the fact that I had just learned what fluorine was in science class. But note that I am Anastassia Florine, not Anastasia Fluorine. I later learned that Nemanya Anastassia Florine Limasnax, aka Anastassia Florine, is an Indonesian musician of some sort. Then I learned of Anastasia Florin, a dancer. So I added a middle name to my alias, so now I'm Anastassia Charity-Marie Florine. :)

Mine is stupid and I need to come up with something better. I never intended to post more than once or twice so I just used the first thing that popped into my head.

It goes back to 3 or 4 years ago. Someone at work said "anyone got a calculator". I asked what the question was and it was something like "what is 523 * 18". I told them the answer faster than it would have taken to punch the numbers into a calculator anyway. Someone said "how did you do that", and I said that it was just a knack. Then they started asking me division questions, so I said that I could do any number up to 10,000 or 100,000 or whatever, divided by any number up to 10, and give them the answer in a couple of seconds. Those are dead easy, but I used to struggle with dividing numbers by 7 until I worked out that all you needed was the number sequence 142857. You choose a different starting number according to the fraction. So 3/7 is 0.428571428571... and 5/7 is 0.714285714285... and so on. One girl said "wow, were you autistic when you were a kid". When I first started to consider that I had HFA or AS that incident popped into my head, hence the username.

Cool story, 142857.... I did wonder where you got that, lol.

I'm hoping mine is fairly self-explanatory. It's my real name, you can go look up the Christian meaning or... just look at urban dictionary or something. :lol:

Mine is stupid and I need to come up with something better. I never intended to post more than once or twice so I just used the first thing that popped into my head
Keep it, everyone loves a success story. lol

Mine is from an enjoyable activity when I was 17, and I just kept it...never had a reason to change it, why change your name irl if there aren't any issues to start with? Yeah, I know this isn't real life, but I've been through and done much more tarnishing things and still have my given name.

I actually thought at first it was a nickname... :lol: I didn't think you was actually called Willow.. Its a very nice name though.
Yeah, isn`t a willow a tree? :)

Mine is my name, obviously. :)

f.

Mine is my name. :)

..obviously

Everytime I see it, I think of Willow Rosenberg from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. When I first saw your name, I thought you were a Willow fan, then I read a post where someone said it was your name. I randomly searched in Google "My girlfriend has Aspergers" and a post on this page was one of the results. So I joined after I got a good look at the site.

I randomly put in quotes in Google just to see the results because I think it's fun. I've been doing that for like 3 maybe 4 years. I came across a lot of different things including a blog that is about a girl who is a slave or something at a McDonald's restaurant. I think I put in "laptop is the only thing to connect me to the out side world". The reason I choose a quote like that is because recently before I put the quote in, I read about a movie about a girl and a telephone is the only link to her outside world, so I mentioned a laptop instead.

Back when I first got my first laptop, a DELL Inspirion 2200, I was obsessed with laptops, sso I put in many quotes that contained the word laptop.

Anyway, if the blog it mentions the this girl leaves in a storage room of a MacDonald's restaurant and she is constantly being watched by the manager there. She says something like her laptop being the only link to the outside world, not sure what exactly she says, unfortunately, since it's a been a few years, maybe 2005-2006.

In the About Me page is a photo of four (I think four) people standing in front of the Hollywood sign. Below that She says that one of them is her but she can't tell to "protect my identity". Below that she says something like "if you really" must "contact me" she has an e-mail address. It had the words booking worm blue but not sure what order and the words weren't separated. It was either GMail or hotmail.

Bac then I had multiple MSN accounts, I added the email address to one I barely use, but the thing is, I forget which email it is and it probably dosen;t exist anymore since I haven't logged in in awhile. I'm really interested to see to blog again and I really searched for it but can't find it. If anyone can find it or even just the movie about a girl and phone to connect for the the outside world, that would help me and I would really appreciate it.

I came across this blog in the spring or summer I had my Dell, I got it in February 2005, had it until like December 2006, so it was in 2006 I saw it. I probably bookmarked it but the HDD that was in my Dell is taken apart and I haven't gotten around to work on it yet (kinda a long story why).

Also, I did a few email address search and the email [email protected] someone on Facebook Hilary, I wonder if she was the one who had the blog. I didn't asked her yet.

~Midna

Oh - another name I adopt online is chrisb12416. That comes from 2002. When I first started playing runescape, I had to pick a username. I tried like a hundred variations of my name I liked, then lost my patience and just spammed some random numbers. It's stuck ever since at places where I can't just use 'Chris'. :D

Well I only started to think of it a couple of hours or so ago when I decided to join here. I guess I wanted a happy name because it makes me feel good so I came up with this one because it's how I want to be treated. I find people don't give me a chance when I get really shy and either first dates don't become second dates or people don't really get to know me so that's why I picked it and also the lyrics of the song do rather fit quite well.

The only one different nicknames I used but only used them once is:

Bij_Speedy_9 - My runescape nickname.
DWKidSb - Short for Dynasty Warriors Kid Super Boy. :D

My username is a shorter version of my real name. "Simo-Pekka"= Si+Pe. Many people used to and still does call me "Sipe" because its shorter and easier to remember.

My name is pretty unique, so not so many people have that name here in Finland. Actually, I have never met anyone who has the same name as me. And I`m glad for that.

New Threads

Top Bottom