• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what does it feel like to be happy?

chuckintime

This is a question I have wondered about for a long time. Everywhere I look I see happiness and laughter. But no matter how hard I try, I am always on the outside looking in. I used to think it was achievable, I just had to try hard enough. but after 29 years of failure, how do I lie to myself any longer? Should i just accept this fate? Let the pain inside swallow me whole, and not look back? Or do I keep pretending things might change.

There is no reason that things cannot change, and 29 seems like an awfully young age to be making the call. I did not find it until my mid 40's, and although it did not seem like it at the time, it was well worth the wait.

Do not despair after happiness, happiness is.
Change people near you, make your pleasant, "smile" to the world and people. The world and its people are a mirror, give, and receive.

I'm more of a homeostasis person. I like that neutral feeling sort of like a chameleon on the right branch at the right time catching those perfect rays of sunlight, undisturbed in a timeless, eternal moment.

This is a question I have wondered about for a long time. Everywhere I look I see happiness and laughter. But no matter how hard I try, I am always on the outside looking in. I used to think it was achievable, I just had to try hard enough. but after 29 years of failure, how do I lie to myself any longer? Should i just accept this fate? Let the pain inside swallow me whole, and not look back? Or do I keep pretending things might change.

I often ask myself the same questions. The only thing though, is how dynamic life really is.

There always is the possibility that things in fact might change. Thus I constructively attempt to live only one day at a time.

New Threads

Top Bottom