• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think impacts you the most?

1. Anxiety/fear/paranoia.

2. Social problems (to be honest, I eventually sorta gave up with this one)

3. Gender problems (dunno how to explain that one).

4. I dunno if this is autism-related, but I have a *very* short fuse.

5. Sensory overload. Doesnt happen all that often, but it's just nasty when it does.

1. Anxiety
2. Chronic unipolar depression
3. PTSD
4. Not being able to bond to others- Aspergers related
5. Inflammatory syndromes caused from anxiety and stress:
IBS, Sicca syndrome, RA, poor muscle coordination/balance

Depression has impacted me the most, but thankfully *fingers crossed* I've been depression-free for 2,5 years now.

Ehlers Danlos caused POTS as well as other internal organ problems and means my joints dislocate doing most things.

Is this more common for autistics?

I have Ehlers-Danlos/Marfan traits, although I'm subclinical for both. There are a lot of people in my family who are very tall and have stretchy skin and/or hypermobile joints.

My left ankle is dislocated, and my right ankle is about to dislocate as well. Ankles hardly ever dislocate.

DX- level 1 Autism, GAD, SAD and Depression.

I feel GAD/depression impacts me the most. SAD not as much. Autism, I think I’m ok with that. I feel it helps me be good at my job.
At the moment I don't know it could be: perimenopause mixed with panic disorder or it could be just panic disorder mixed with autism , throw in irritable bowel syndrome ,asthma,permanent fungal infection.
Chronic lack of sleep .

Is this more common for autistics?

I have Ehlers-Danlos/Marfan traits, although I'm subclinical for both. There are a lot of people in my family who are very tall and have stretchy skin and/or hypermobile joints.

My left ankle is dislocated, and my right ankle is about to dislocate as well. Ankles hardly ever dislocate.
I don’t know. I see a lot of people with both. This couple of autistic people with EDS on this from and I know 2 people with autism and marfans in the non internet world.

People. It is other people that (negatively) impact me the most. The demands they make of me, the expectations they have, their misjudgments, misinterpretations. Their unreasonable and illogical behaviour, their ignorance and incapacity to understand, or even try to. Their shallowness and superficiality, their focus on social structures and interactions, their impossible values and incomprehensible rules. Their inability to even say what they mean, or comprehend what is being said.

Take these people away, and all the things I would otherwise have listed, such as anxiety, fine motor control issues, poor executive function, missing short-term memory, processing problems, stimming needs, meltdowns, sleep disorders, inability to recognise people, social ineptness and need to decompress and decode every day would all pale into an acceptable ordinariness.

Or perhaps I'm just having a bad day?!

I know that if I was able to limit the rest of the world to just those people I consider my friends and true family, I would find the world a great deal easier to navigate and manage.

1. Lack of sleep.
If I get enough sleep, I can handle anything. If I don't, everything overwhelms me, anything can break me.

People tell me how smart I am, how I can do anything. But I have no ambition. I don't want to accomplish things; I just want to get by. And I always want to sleep.

1. Lack of sleep.
If I get enough sleep, I can handle anything. If I don't, everything overwhelms me, anything can break me.

People tell me how smart I am, how I can do anything. But I have no ambition. I don't want to accomplish things; I just want to get by. And I always want to sleep.

relatable...

i just want to mind my business and life my live without anyone commenting how or what should i do

People. It is other people that (negatively) impact me the most. The demands they make of me, the expectations they have, their misjudgments, misinterpretations. Their unreasonable and illogical behaviour, their ignorance and incapacity to understand, or even try to. Their shallowness and superficiality, their focus on social structures and interactions, their impossible values and incomprehensible rules. Their inability to even say what they mean, or comprehend what is being said.

Or perhaps I'm just having a bad day?!

Nah, I know what you mean here, and I'm sure plenty of others do as well.

Much of the time, it seriously just doesnt even seem worth it to interact. There's too many times where I'll get into a conversation, or something, and then afterwards I'm thinking to myself "Why do I even bother with that person?"

Which is one of the reasons to come to this forum (and other similar ones), to converse with those that might be a bit more understanding or easier to deal with, but.... it can happen even on here.

The supposed executive dysfunction I have, all the random thoughts and changing moods, a great long-term memory that I can't wipe and still plagues me combined with a short-term memory that's flaky, the social issues (which I think I'm about to give up on as well)...

I don't know where that list ends, but somehow I've got to manage and adapt. Guess I'll try harder since I'm not trying hard enough?

I would say, definitely sensory. I have meltdown almost every single day because everything around me is chaotic. The basics of things becomes harder, or even impossible. There are workarounds, like wearing gloves while washing the dishes, wearing a mask when doing laundry, sunglasses, earplugs etc.

1. ADD
2. General anxiety
3. Chronic depression
4. HFA and sensory issues that come along with it.

1. Depression
2. Boredom
3. Isolation (although I have to say that most of the time I do enjoy this, just in moments it can be debilitating
4. Sensory
5. Making spelling mistakes

Other than all that, life is pretty good.

Not sure the order..
Social anxiety( OH GAWH SOCIALIZING! UGH) , Depression, Weak heart ( causing blood to pool in my hand and feet when exercising too much or even walking too long ), Dissociation ( Possible DID ), Studering with selective mutism, and of course the classic generalized anxiety :D

1. Depression
2. Boredom
3. Isolation

Same here.

These things definitely impact me, even though on paper I am not isolated, and in theory I don't have much to be depressed about. I feel isolated because I am so completely unable to connect with others. I feel like I am alone among other people, rather than part of a community.

Sensory processing
ADHD-i or ADD in old terminology
Depression, but can deal with it
Deep angst toward drugs that help me and mess me up at the same time
SAD
Fatigue and Tourette’s that shows up when I’m tired

New Threads

Top Bottom