• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think impacts you the most?

disconnected

V.I.P Member
DX- level 1 Autism, GAD, SAD and Depression.

I feel GAD/depression impacts me the most. SAD not as much. Autism, I think I’m ok with that. I feel it helps me be good at my job.

I think the Social Anxiety (SAD) isn’t that bad because I have little interest in friends. So I’m ok with it... (maybe, I think )

(Asperger's)
1. Anxiety.
2. Sensory sensitivity
3. Difficultues with social situations.
4 Difficulties wit organising/getting chores done, etc.

Autism likely has effected/steered me the most in the long run. But GAD is responsible for quite a few of the most severe individual incidents. Anxiety/Fear is a very powerful (and often unreasonable) motivator.

(Asperger's)
1. Anxiety.
2. Sensory sensitivity
3. Difficultues with social situations.
4 Difficulties wit organising/getting chores done, etc.

Off topic- I noticed your Avatar. Have you played “Dark Side of The Moon “. With the Wizard of OZ yet?

Employment - Lack thereof beyond the voluntary sector.

I even applied for a voluntary position in a very local (as in 2 minutes up the road from the Flat) Dementia Home last week, and I got an email yesterday saying they've stopped taking on volunteers at the moment but will keep my details on file.

Chronic Clinical Depression.

Always has. Always will.

Much like the tide...it ebbs and flows, but never stops.

It is hard to say which affects the most, it is a cycle.
Autism causes stress relating to the outside world, this causes extreme anxiety which causes agoraphobia which increases isolation which aggravates depression, which causes stress..
*sigh*

DX- level 1 Autism, GAD, SAD and Depression.

I feel GAD/depression impacts me the most. SAD not as much. Autism, I think I’m ok with that. I feel it helps me be good at my job.

At this point in my life, old age impacts me the most. There are a lot of things that I used to do that I can not do anymore.

In no particular order:

1. Asperger's (DSM-IV)/Moderate-to-severe ASD (DSM-V)
2. Complex PTSD
3. ADHD (inattentive)
4. Agoraphobia
5. Schizoaffective disorder
6. GAD
7. SAD
8. Panic disorder
9. Dysthymic disorder (DSM-IV)
10. Unipolar depression

Do I win a prize for being over-diagnosed?

But srsly, the ADHD affects me the most. Unmedicated, I can't string two thoughts together. It's a base existence, a stimulus-bound cognitive style, like an animal.

Plus, someone mentioned in another thread something about ADHD combining with PTSD to create a type of psychosis. I've never heard of that, but it fits so well and would explain a whole lot.

Anxiety (autism) Makes me sick and stops me doing things

Epilepsy ruined my life and the damage has still not been completely fixed even though i’m seizure free

POTS (fainting/ low blood pressure) the world is dangerous and i’m at constant risk of falling. I’m tired more of the the time.

Ehlers Danlos caused POTS as well as other internal organ problems and means my joints dislocate doing most things.

Ataxia has meant me coordination is terrible and takes me ages to do anything and theirs a lot of things I cannot yet do.

Coeliac Disease change my whole diet and makes it harder for me to get out since I get anxious about mentioning my special diet. Plus some people think this may have caused my ataxia (I don’t believe this).

For me it’s hard to say what my worst issue since things contribute to other things.

In no particular order:

1. Asperger's (DSM-IV)/Moderate-to-severe ASD (DSM-V)
2. Complex PTSD
3. ADHD (inattentive)
4. Agoraphobia
5. Schizoaffective disorder
6. GAD
7. SAD
8. Panic disorder
9. Dysthymic disorder (DSM-IV)
10. Unipolar depression

Do I win a prize for being over-diagnosed?

But srsly, the ADHD affects me the most. Unmedicated, I can't string two thoughts together. It's a base existence, a stimulus-bound cognitive style, like an animal.

Plus, someone mentioned in another thread something about ADHD combining with PTSD to create a type of psychosis. I've never heard of that, but it fits so well and would explain a whole lot.
Impressive but here’s my list.:
1-Aspergers/ High functioning autism (yes i’m diagnosed with both).
2. ADHD
3. Dyslexia
4. Eye focusing disorder
5. Anxiety
6. POTS
7. Hypertonia
8. Scoliosis
9. Ehlers Danlos Syndrone.
10. Spinocerebellar ataxia
11. Coeliac Disease
12. Dyspraxia
13. Slow Motility
14. Low blood pressure.

The list seems to get longer with every appointment. Some of this I think are incorrect like the ADHD and dyspraxia (I think it’s all ataxia).

I have Aspergers along with Complex PTSD and a Anxiety Disorder but while I can live with being on the spectrum Complex PTSD can be harder at times,the hyper vigilance and always fearing something bad is going to happen is horrible plus dealing with nightmares and emotional triggers isn’t fun to live with.

I had massive depression once. and it has minor ebbs and flows now. It mainly comes from when i can't do the very physical passions i pursue.i.e. My surfing and my bowhunting. Each are very physically demanding and create massive amounts of endorphins and serotonins. Once i became a full time and now mostly full time dad things slowed. I would advise exercise is a must but i can't do it for its own sake very lucky my "special interests" are very physical.

The things that really affect me as far as my aspergers go is social anxiety, depression and a difficult time understanding certain objectives or people’s meaning and intentions sometimes. Stress from feeling isolated from the average population but that’s the least of my worries cause I am who I am even though it still hurts emotionally a little bit.

On top of the autism is I have arthritis in my knees with some fluid build up making it hard to walk around. I have to take a shot for it every 10 days and been doing it for the past 4 years and I’m only 22 years old..

New Threads

Top Bottom