• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you like about your autism?

What do you like about your autism?

• Beautiful lights

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Synesthesia

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • My special interest

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Special taste/color perception

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Stimming

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Memory

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • NOTHING

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Fantasy/imagination

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
My attention to detail and my drive to learn about everything are the main things I've always liked.

One thing I really like is that my brain is a theoretical machine. I have come up with theoretical models that explain human cognition and it has helped me find someone so much like me that when they write, I feel like I am writing.

I find it exciting that these predictive models work so well!

I am a bit of an odd kind of aspie. I was diagnosed as a child with what would be the equivalent of ASD-2 or 3. I am also EXTREME ADHD. Somehow (actually I know why) the mix of these things allows me to be verbal and highly functional. It does not make relationships easier with NTs but I can now find people like me. I think those relationships will be stable and fulfilling. I wish I were more focused so I can get the theories published. I think they would help people on the spectrum greatly.

Pattern recognition. Really helps me excel at work since I can open a file, look at it for five minutes, and have a 75-80% certainty of where things are going. It also assists with some games as well.

I love my pattern recognition as well... although it is very odd. I see patterns in complex systems like politics or human cognition. I distill them into simple theories. Did you know that understanding the balance between contextual and hierarchical memory helps explain both human cognition and politics?

New Threads

Top Bottom