• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you guys do to meet new people?

matt000333

The only thing I can think of is church which isnt as easy it sounds because I dont have car thats my own and closet town is 6 miles away that has a decent church that I think I would like im usually fine being by myself but im really trying to get healthy and get rid of old bad habbits I guess its one of my interest and making slow but sure progress when im stressed and by myself its hard to resist them.

I volunteer at a couple of places that I have an interest in and enjoy. Usually meet people that way, although not necessarily make new friends. It is social interaction though and of short enough duration not to be overload.

I don't really meet new people. My partner is quite social, and when he meets new people I am often introduced to them, but they are his friends and don't really talk to me, they talk to him. If I wanted to meet new people, I would try to do volunteering work or join a club or meetup of some sort (I'm not religious and don't go to church), but I have a lot of social anxiety and find meeting new people difficult and tiring.

I don't really meet new people. My partner is quite social, and when he meets new people I am often introduced to them, but they are his friends and don't really talk to me, they talk to him. If I wanted to meet new people, I would try to do volunteering work or join a club or meetup of some sort (I'm not religious and don't go to church), but I have a lot of social anxiety and find meeting new people difficult and tiring.
Meeting new people can be tiring, especially when you're being introduced to your partner's friends. I have a very small circle of friends and I am fine with this. I found it very exhausting when my ex-girlfriend would introduce me to her friends and peers. I had little in common with them but made the effort to be friendly and engaging. I am not really a social animal.

Meet new people? I already know way too many people and they all want something from me. I guess that I just am not a fan of people in general.

Meeting people just for the sake of it has never been in my to do list.
I just meet people when it happens, family uni , and the few people that I know outside of my family since im a kid sometimes bring their own friends.

Never created a lasting relationship on my own, only once at highschool 10 years ago and it didnt end well.

If you contact the church you are interested in, they may be able to arrange a ride to come pick you up and drop you off after. I had to do that for a while when I moved to a new station ahead of family and car. Call the Pastor and explain you're situation. 6 miles is just a few minutes ride.

New Threads

Top Bottom