• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you do to clear your head?

Going to bed listening to ambient music or a guided image meditation.
Maybe watching a video on You Tube on a subject of interest- Science/space mostly.
Meditation and self-hypnosis.
But, nothing works as well as a good sleep.

I listen to certain songs on repeat. I mean one song from a group I've found that help, over and over, until my head feels better. It's not always the same song that works so sometimes I have to go through my music player to find what my mind needs. I've noticed the songs tend to have a repeating beat. The last one was a song called "Afronova" from Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix.

I also play video games. Usually games that are not too fast paced or unfamiliar so my mind can relax. Or I watch people play my favourite games on YouTube. Current obsession is The Long Dark.

Doing martial arts helped best in "emergency cases",
cowering under a blanket,
talking to friends,
going for a run and taking a shower after it,
walking for an extended time in the woods,
meditation and
lots of patience!

I would also like to say meditation, walking, cold shower, music...because in fact I do all these things, but to be really honest they don't work 100%, in the end of the day I still turn to food for consolation...but it also does not help obviously:(
One day I hope I will be able to just allow myself to feel whatever is that I should be feeling instead of hiding it under a distraction like food.
Something great might just happen!
I believe in miracles:)

anything can help that brings order or inner peace. For me it could be washing dishes, working on a Bach partita on my piano, soaking in a hot tub, spreading love with my therapy dog or just finding a reason to smile

Working out at the gym does it for me. I think that the repetitive movements help bring clarity to my mind. It also helps me with my anxiety.

New Threads

Top Bottom