• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What can I do for these things that the person who tested me said to work on

Some of those I do do, most dont apply and two I'm currently unable to do but I can work towards the ones I cant do yet

Try to work on tasks that you will need to master before you can successfully live on your own. If you can afford it, get a professional therapist or someone trained/experienced in helping people with ASD make the transition to independent living. You can do it!

Try to work on tasks that you will need to master before you can successfully live on your own. If you can afford it, get a professional therapist or someone trained/experienced in helping people with make the transition to independent living. You can do it!
Ok thank you, I may try to do so

It seems you are still in school?

For a young adult, it might be worthwhile looking for a "clubhouse" for mentally ill adults. They may have group activities, including cooking and clean-up and recreational activities. Any of these things would be good for you.

Even if you don't like people, you need some skills for getting along in society.

I tried to teach my daughter, an adult with autism, some common life skills like cooking, shopping, keeping a bank account. She didn't want to learn them. Now she lives independently, they are much harder to find a way to learn them. She has to learn by trial-and-error, which is always more painful!

If I get my service dog that may help me socialize and have a reason to learn social stuff since people will come up to me (and lots of other benefits). I have gotten parental permission to ask my doctor if I can get a service dog so hopefully I will

So I was recently diagnosed and i am unsure what would help be with "Therapeutic services
provided to assist with developing social skills, increasing self-care skills, and general
independent skill development", any suggestions? And do not suggest ABA therapy.
Therapeutic Services is a code word meaning "we will charge you or your insurance a huge sum of money to create the illusion we are helping you without providing any useful skills or services." They are all NTs who assume you have an NT brain and proceed accordingly to teach you NT skills in an NT manner.

Been there.

And from another perspective, I've derived life-changing benefits from therapeutic services so ya never know.

New Threads

Top Bottom