• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Are Your Fears (Big & Small)

Yeah, I guess a fear of aging and getting ill is almost like a fear of living when you think about it. Because if you died young, you'd never have those problems ha.

Yep. And going back to the same conversations over the years.

Like they play back in some kind of loop where something unknown trips the memory. That really annoys me. Is letting go of such things an Aspie trait? I fear just the idea of such memories coming back to haunt me at times. It's a useless process to me.
You mean, not letting go of things? I don't know, I only recently put the picture together and figured out that I am an Aspie (official or not) and I thought that not being able to get over things is one of my main glitches. I practice letting go by reading Pema Chodron and trying to meditate and do yoga. It helps a bit with the present, but not really with the past. I still remember the "sore" past conversations and relationships with horror, even though they were not a big deal, really.

Yeah, I guess a fear of aging and getting ill is almost like a fear of living when you think about it. Because if you died young, you'd never have those problems ha.

Fear of living- without medical/dental insurance. Yeah...I find it sometimes "inconvenient" just to exist. Just another reason for living one day at a time. This is the kind of "scary" I seldom want to even post about.

Chucky, that doll... *dies* I saw the movie when I was 5 years old...
Spider close-up to their faces... Ewww and AAAHH EYES
Dying. What will happen to me when I die. Do I see Heaven?

I'm afraid of medicines! I obsess over the side effects. I have had some allergic reactions to some meds when I was younger and now I can't even take a Tylenol with out thinking what harm it could be doing.

I'm afraid of medicines! I obsess over the side effects. I have had some allergic reactions to some meds when I was younger and now I can't even take a Tylenol with out thinking what harm it could be doing.

My mother was very much like that. It did make it challenging at times in being her caregiver. She'd obediently pay for whatever prescription the doctor would prescribe and then be hesitant to take it. Thing is, she DID have a number of very real issues when it came to side effects. It's a tough thing to deal with, especially if you do have a history of real problems with certain medications.

And antibiotics can be lethal for me.

I am afraid of spiders. All of them. I see them as ultimate predators; always poisonous; programmed killing machines.

I am afraid of strange persons. Strangers are an unknown and much too often are also predators or otherwise dangerous.

I've always had a fear of having blood taken away from me with needles. I feel so bad, because I will probably never donate blood for that single reason. At least I'm an organ donor.

My mother was very much like that. It did make it challenging at times in being her caregiver. She'd obediently pay for whatever prescription the doctor would prescribe and then be hesitant to take it. Thing is, she DID have a number of very real issues when it came to side effects. It's a tough thing to deal with, especially if you do have a history of real problems with certain medications.

And antibiotics can be lethal for me.
Just curious, do you take antibiotics at all? I was able to take erythromycin but last year it started to bother me. My husband thinks it was just me being me but it I don't know. Now I fret constantly about getting sick and needing antibiotics

Just curious, do you take antibiotics at all? I was able to take erythromycin but last year it started to bother me. My husband thinks it was just me being me but it I don't know. Now I fret constantly about getting sick and needing antibiotics

Quite honestly they terrify me. The only one I will even consider for internal consumption is Ceclor. Topical antibiotics don't seem to be an issue for me. But give me penicillin, and give me death. Found that out the hard way.

Going through drug therapy many years ago for social anxiety was a nightmare as well. Many either didn't work or made me ill. Sure, it's made me somewhat "gunshy" about meds. These days I take only OTC stuff.

Quite honestly they terrify me. The only one I will even consider for internal consumption is Ceclor. Topical antibiotics don't seem to be an issue for me. But give me penicillin, and give me death. Found that out the hard way.

Going through drug therapy many years ago for social anxiety was a nightmare as well. Many either didn't work or made me ill. Sure, it's made me somewhat "gunshy" about meds. These days I take only OTC stuff.
Sounds like me! Last year I bought some oil of oregano after hearing it's a natural antibiotic. But quite honestly I'm still a little freaked about it. It can be exhausting sometimes just worrying about this crap. Wish I could just turn it off like some suggest.

I fear "not being myself" which I say to myself regularly. I'm always obsessed whether I don't think I'm to my expected standard in terms of routines, lifestyles and my performance in everyday things (how I present myself as well) and my personal hobbies. I think I'm just a perfectionist person.

I have PTSD, so I'm scared about a lot of things: needles, tight spaces, etc... And it doesn't help that my fight-flight reaction is more of a fight-fight reaction. I can't wear any kind of tie. I had an argument with my choir teacher in high school because I would not wear a bow tie on my tux. We eventually compromised and I wore it very loosely, enough for me to fit my fist through.

Last edited:
I can't take pills because I fear I'll choke on them. I tend to chew on headache pills before gulping down with water.

I can't take pills because I fear I'll choke on them. I tend to chew on headache pills before gulping down with water.
I used to do the same, my parents had to grind up meds and put them in honey or jam in a teaspoon if I needed anything. I got over it eventually, but it took a long time and I still get a bit nervy if I have to take pills.

I am scared of being alone, not having someone to love me in an intimate way, not having any local friends to share my interests with or do things with. Then the usual fears of loosing the resonably decent health I have, the roof over my head ect. Mike

New Threads

Top Bottom