1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured What Are Your Biggest Burdens and Gifts of Having Asperger's Syndrome?

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by AspieDenmark, Feb 8, 2014.

1. toothless

toothless this is mr shadow,my support cat

although i am moderately classic autistic and not aspie, the worst issues for me are:
    *communication-i may be verbal now but it doesnt stop me acutely struggling. *language difficulties,understanding words or sentances and people not understanding this issue because i technically have mental capacity-i have to use a dictionary/thesaurus on my phone or online when i struggle with it.
    *challenging behavior. needing to be heavily medicated for it and my neurologist wanting me to wear my padded helmet,i dont mind but it is incredibly hot so i dont wear it at the moment.
    *extreme sensory issues with all senses,especially sound and texture/touch.
    *such extreme anxiety,i hate it and it ruins my life and makes my depression worse.
    *having such a rigid thought process and rigid routine.
    *very bad and rigid visual processing-i see lines and colours and these come together to make shapes-i have perfect vision technically its just i process things very slow and dont recognise some things.
    these are my worst issues.

my best traits are:
    *being the first one people ask about computer problems.
    *having a great long term memory that goes back before age 5.
    *being very tolerant and caring of people who are much more autistic or intellectually disabled than self.
    *being able to find humour in absolutely anything and being told im very naturally good humoured.
    *amazing with animals,i treat them better than i treat myself they are like gods to me,i know its because of my autism and how i relate to them, i dont relate to people.

2. Destinyz12

Destinyz12 Active Member

Worst: Difficulty forming close friendships despite having a lot of aquaintances/casual friends- mainly because I suck at making small talk and initiating conversations unless we are discussing a specific topic of interest, and I tend to be pretty shy. I get offended/defensive easily, along with agitated over small things often, which sucks too.

Best: Highly intelligent, excellent memory and attention to detail, self taught myself to become a very skilled/competitive bowler without formal lessons, and same thing for my artistic(drawing) and musical(vocal) talent. Also, my ability to connect with pets, especially cats.

(only self-diagnosed with Aspergers at this point though)

3. BrokenBoy

BrokenBoy 戯言使い(Nonsense User)

Best things: Nothing
    Worst things: Everything

4. Fantasia

Fantasia Active Member

Worst thing - feeling totally alone and unconnected to the world

Best thing - my imagination makes the best company anyhow

• Agree Agree x 1