• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are the rationales for an Austic adult female to follow me?

I have to say, you're a damn sight creepier than her by doing this. Has it ever occurred to you she just might like you, even fancy you even & just wants to be sociable? You evidently share a bus route. With your attitude, it's not making contact easier for her, is it. Why on earth do you assume she is stalking?

Another thing, you say I & we? Which is it?

I didn’t think I was giving an attitude. If I did I apologize for it. It wasn’t my intention.

I never said that she was stalking. I just wanted to understand her intention. Does she likes me? Does she feel safe with me? Is it a trait that doesn’t really mean anything?

@Schism

This> "We have introduced ourselves and say "good morning" greetings, but that's it."

I believe that was meant to indicate that the two of them,
the OP and the woman have both introduced themselves
to each other.

Not that the OP is using the "royal we" or has an inflated
ego or multiple personalities or has a posse. Or whatever.

Yes. I have introduced myself and she introduced herself as well.

Oh, we as in them and I? Oops. Okay tree. Stand corrected. But even more questions arise now then.

Why doesn't the OP just ask her then? Even I would make a comment or an attempt at a light hearted comment to figure it personally out rather than post on a forum.

I tried to talk with her before I figured her to be autistic. We would say hi to each other, and then she immediately break eye contact and stops talking. I figured she just didn’t want to chat, so I left her alone. I do have social anxiety myself.

Maybe she likes you. I would also hesitate diagnosing people unless you are a psychiatrist. She could have other reasons than autism to be shy. You never know what someone is thinking or experiencing unless you walk a mile in their shoes.

Yes, I am not a psychiatrist. She does seem to exhibit some traits of autism.

I can't help but wonder how she would feel being the unknowing interest of an on-line search by some random bloke (OP) from a bus stop. She may well lose interest & change routes!! I know I would!

Yes, you are right. I wouldn’t blame her to stay away from me. My curiosity got the better of me.

@JSWAState , my SWAG is that she is crushing on you and hoping that, with enough of her presence, you might return the feeling. I can't be sure that she is completely aware of her actions or their effects.

Her appearance on an autism photo gallery is a good indication that she is autistic.

Her body might be fully grown, but we tend to be a little more childlike in our social interactions, including flirting. If you are interested back at her, tread lightly. She may not realize the effect that she is having, from an NT point-of-view.

Last edited:
@JSWAState , my SWAG is that she is crushing on you and hoping that, with enough of her presence, you might return the feeling. I can't be sure that she is completely aware of her actions or their effects.

Her appearance on an autism photo gallery is a good indication that she is autistic.

Her body might be fully grown, but we tend to be a little more childlike in our social interactions, including flirting. If you are interested back at her, tread lightly. She may not realize the effect that she is having, from an NT point-of-view.

Thank you so much for your opinion. I am pretty sure that I am interested in her friendship. I will tread lightly as you’ve said. Somehow, I need to get pass the lack of eye contact when I tried to speak to her.

@JSWAState

Maybe she needs to break eye contact so that she can think.
I know I would rather be able to pay attention when I am with
someone than put on a show of looking in their eyes. And I
would find it difficult to think if I had to keep up eye contact.

I followed an old guy with a dog after not doing much chit chat, then i realized i maybe should stop not to creep him out. I didnt have the courage to talk further, and he wasnt stopping, walked the dog pretty fast. old ppl make me feel safer. I wanted to socialize with someone, its rare i can do it. I love dogs, thats what we talked about. Ask her what hobbies she has.

Yes, social awkwardness does exist when it comes to social interactions. You can freeze up. Maybe she gets shy around you and loses her train of thought. Feelings can overtake us and we don't know where to look or what to say. Maybe just be the ice breaker and say - hi again- hey- do you want to go for coffee or something tomorrow? Then give her time to compose herself. If it seems like a yes, at that point you could suggest swapping cell numbers.
However, if she tenses up, then maybe just back off and say - chat with you later- and walk away. Then you won't come across as threatening to her. Good luck.

Perhaps if you were to write down what you would like to ask her, and give that to her as a note/letter, it would allow her to process and respond at her own pace?

Vinca with the sage advice. Excellent idea.
Also, good luck to the original poster, I appreciate your efforts to understand/learn. best wishes
Rocco

New Threads

Top Bottom