• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are the rationales for an Austic adult female to follow me?

JSWAState

I am an NT, but I have a question. There is an autistic adult female who would follow me when I get off my bus. I wouldn't call this stalking though. It is getting bolder, since now she waits with me at my connecting bus stop. She doesn't board the connecting bus at all. Is there a reason behind this?

Probably there is some reason.
She is the one who may know.

Maybe she feels safe sitting with you.

Have you ever spoken with her?

Does she ride the first bus with you and then follow you to the next bus stop, or is she waiting there when you get off the bus and follow you to the next stop?

How do you know she is autistic?

Probably there is some reason.
She is the one who may know.

Maybe she feels safe sitting with you.

Have you ever spoken with her?

Yes, I have spoken to her, but I can't get much out of her. We have introduced ourselves and say "good morning" greetings, but that's it. She would immediately avert eye contact, and seems adverse to talking. So, I left it at that.

@JSWAState

"There is an autistic adult female who would follow me when I get off my bus."

Does she wear jewelry or a sign on her that identifies her as autistic?
Or an emblem on her clothing?
Is there an activity center or something like that, like community mental
health center, for autistic adults in the neighborhood that you have
seen her exit?

Upon what do you base the supposition that she is autistic?

Does she ride the first bus with you and then follow you to the next bus stop, or is she waiting there when you get off the bus and follow you to the next stop?

How do you know she is autistic?

She rides the first bus with me. We have the same stop though. Typically, we go our separate ways. Then she started following me, but break it off as soon as I reached my connecting bus stop. Now, she waits at my connecting bus stop. When my bus came along I got on and left her.

I only recently found out that she's autistic but online search. There was an "autism awareness" photo of a relative and her. I found that she met some criteria for autism. Avoiding eye contact. Unable to connect socially. Can be over-excited.

@JSWAState

"There is an autistic adult female who would follow me when I get off my bus."

Does she wear jewelry or a sign on her that identifies her as autistic?
Or an emblem on her clothing?
Is there an activity center or something like that, like community mental
health center, for autistic adults in the neighborhood that you have
seen her exit?

Upon what do you base the supposition that she is autistic?

I haven't seen any that indicated anything autistic. I've responded to another respondent how I believe she is autistic. Here is what I said, "I only recently found out that she's autistic but online search. There was an "autism awareness" photo of a relative and her. I found that she met some criteria for autism. Avoiding eye contact. Unable to connect socially. Can be over-excited."

Yes, I see you said that in Post #8.

OK.
Now that you've identified her as autistic, what now?

Do you want to make friends with her?
Or are you looking for a tactful way to evade her?

She maybe on an NT forum asking it's members if there's rationales for an NT adult male to follow her?
Every time she gets to the bus stop, he's there?

What gives you the impression she's singled you out to follow?

Yes, I see you said that in Post #8.

OK.
Now that you've identified her as autistic, what now?

Do you want to make friends with her?
Or are you looking for a tactful way to evade her?

If she's seeking friendship, I would be friends. I am trying to understand her intent. I don't evade people who wants to be friends.

She maybe on an NT forum asking it's members if there's rationales for an NT adult male to follow her?

What gives you the impression she's singled you out to follow?

Pretty much that it's always me to walk next to, and that she's getting bolder about it. I caught her looking at me and then look away.

I only recently found out that she's autistic but online search. There was an "autism awareness" photo of a relative and her. I found that she met some criteria for autism. Avoiding eye contact. Unable to connect socially. Can be over-excited.

I have to say, you're a damn sight creepier than her by doing this. Has it ever occurred to you she just might like you, even fancy you even & just wants to be sociable? You evidently share a bus route. With your attitude, it's not making contact easier for her, is it. Why on earth do you assume she is stalking?

Another thing, you say I & we? Which is it?

@Schism

This> "We have introduced ourselves and say "good morning" greetings, but that's it."

I believe that was meant to indicate that the two of them,
the OP and the woman, have both introduced themselves
to each other.

Not that the OP is using the "royal we" or has an inflated
ego or multiple personalities or has a posse. Or whatever.

This> "We have introduced ourselves and say "good morning" greetings, but that's it."

I believe that was meant to indicate that the two of them,
the OP and the woman have both introduced themselves
to each other.

Oh, we as in them and I? Oops. Okay tree. Stand corrected. But even more questions arise now then.

Why doesn't the OP just ask her then? Even I would make a comment or an attempt at a light hearted comment to figure it personally out rather than post on a forum.

Maybe she likes you. I would also hesitate diagnosing people unless you are a psychiatrist. She could have other reasons than autism to be shy. You never know what someone is thinking or experiencing unless you walk a mile in their shoes.

I can't help but wonder how she would feel being the unknowing interest of an on-line search by some random bloke (OP) from a bus stop. She may well lose interest & change routes!! I know I would!

What gives you the impression she's singled you out to follow?[/QUOTE

Yeah. Personally I wouldn’t have minded her making such a post.

I got the impression because she initiates it.

New Threads

Top Bottom