• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are people smoking, thinking that Chromium browsers are faster than Firefox.

Tony Ramirez

Single forever. Friends?
V.I.P Member
Really they must think loading a webpage and watching a spinning circle for five seconds then another few seconds for the images to load then Firefox which loads everything in a second.

I already made Firefox my default browser. I also keep Chrome, Brave, Edge for compatibility, but so far every site I visit loads fine in Firefox.

i am using vivaldi, i like it, it has some nice feautres, except some extensions may not be available, its faster than chrome, i had some troubles with firefox.

I never had trouble with Firefox. Everything loads fine. I used it all the time then switched to Chrome and Edge, but when I went back to Firefox I noticed things much faster.

I also just uninstalled Brave browser. Dang it is slow, just as slow as Edge. Chrome is a little bit faster, but nothing as fast as Firefox.

With at least 16Gbs of OS RAM (Linux & Windows) and a consistent 566Mbps broadband connection speed, for the most part one browser seems as fast as the other. Though if you employ certain privacy measures, such as using "Tor" in the Brave browser, it's bound to run slower given what it must do to accomplish such a degree of anonymity.

On the other hand, using Google means allowing them to rummage through your entire computer just to sell your browsing habits to the rest of the planet. Same as Microsoft Edge using the same browser engine, but with a little more polished appearance.

Firefox continues to enhance privacy features and still maintains a sidebar in which you can refer to your most immediate browsing history. (I purge it routinely along with the browser cache upon exit.) I've had Firefox as a default browser ever since it replaced Mozilla's Netscape. And of course I keep any and all of Firefox's telemetry (feedback) functions turned off. Can't say I always keep many browser tabs open at the same time. Maybe three-to-four tops. Though I always purge my browser cache on exit.

Last edited:
Honestly Firefox genuinely is slower than Chrome for me. It's only slower by a few seconds but it is a noticeable difference to me.

I've also had tons of problems with Firefox over the years like there was literally a good few years where I could literally not use Twitter on Firefox. It just wouldn't let me log in, no matter what I did. And trying to find out what was going on how to fix it was no help either. I tried to reinstall it, clear all my browser data, etc. Nothing worked and it seemed I was the only person with this problem (or at least the only person who couldn't get it fixed no matter what I tried).

Also I find that Firefox uses more RAM than Chrome does nowadays, ironic considering the days of the Chrome eats RAM memes but it does. Granted I have 16 GB of RAM and neither browser uses up a huge chunk of my RAM but like I could open up both browsers to the exact same pages and FF will be taking up more RAM than on Chrome.

For me Edge, Brave are the slowest Chrome is in the middle and Firefox is super fast.

I think Microsoft chose the name 'Edge' after where it would push the users.

Another Firefox user here. It runs well but on some of my PCs it is slow on the initial load but performs fine after.

I was an early adopter of Firefox, been using it since day one. I've used all kinds of browsers over the years, but always went back to Firefox. I've added all kinds of performance and security settings and tricks.

For really fast speed, you can try ultra lightweight browsers such as Midori, Dillo and Luakit, but you lose out on all the add-ons.

I tried posting this from Links, a Linux terminal browser, but it doesn't work!

post.png
oops2.png

Facebook & Reddit tend to crash Firefox for me all the time--but those are fairly useless websites anyway; I find it absolutely delightful for everything else I'm doing online. I use DuckDuckGo as a search engine and my computer is a Linux converted Acer Chromebook from 2016. Different browsers might be nice (I've found myself wishing I had a text-only browser to skip the saturated experience of the web) but Firefox does alright.

One thing to consider is the present disparity in how many people use Chrome-based browsers than others. So much so that many online operations no longer cater to writing cost-inefficient cross-browser code.

Something I had to do as a website designer more than twenty five years ago. It involved time and expense back then, when competition was much tighter between browser developers compared to today. Back then we thought it was suicide to commit to building a website to be seen exclusively by only one particular browser.

Having to accomodate two major browsers that rendered text in 72 and 96 dots per inch was a real pain at times. Using java script to write conditionals to render both text and forms elements to appear relatively the same for most viewers. Ugh!

So don't be surprised if you access Google News with Firefox and it just doesn't render quite right, and probably never will. Though nothing to get really upset about unless you're a perfectionist with OCD. And Google wants to keep it that way. Just as Microsoft used to operate on a similar premise with their ne'er-do-well browser Internet Explorer.

Last edited:
Every site I visit renders fine in Firefox. I actually have to use Firefox for chewy.com because the chromium browsers give me a message saying under maintenance when I try to log in. I also have to use Firefox on Google groups because chromium browsers render me as a black screen and I can't t hear them and they can't hear me.

Every site I visit renders fine in Firefox.
"Fine" means different things to different people. This isn't "fine" to me. Just "annoying".

If I use Firefox to view Google News (I don't usually do anymore) I get this. The sort of thing most any designer would catch in a second. It doesn't stop the page from being readable, but it ain't perfect either. Probably a simple thing for Google to fix, but I suspect they like it that way. Whether Firefox is even working on it remains unknown. LOL, they may simply prefer for users not to even go there. ;)

Google In Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
it's faster in some things. people aren't smoking anything. they just have a different preference to you, its a pretty common aspie trait, to look at things like that. "i don't like it, so anyone else doesnt" its the mind blindness and black and white thinking. very hard to change, but with work, its possible

New Threads

Top Bottom