• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are good ways to impress my boyfriend?

AngelWings17

Last night I suddenly felt like impressing my boyfriend. It can be in any way, shape, or form. I don't care what it is. I just want to find a way to really wow and impress him. Any ideas will do.

Maybe you should consider why you would want to impress him? Look at that first. Sometimes when we want to impress someone its more that we feel that who we are is not impressive enough. Or, that the other person seems 'more' than we are.

OP "I just want to find a way to really wow and impress him. Any ideas will do."

I took this to mean simply a wish to come up with a fun surprise.:)
So, if you 'can't cook/don't usually cook,' but managed something, that would be neat.
And if you are an accomplished cook, then you could make something special and that would be good, too.

So either way, it seems to me that FOOD would be a winner.:p

I didn't interpret wanting to 'wow and impress' as any deep seated
psychological issue
.:eek:

Well there's the sex and the food - obviously.

However, there's also the surprise that can really smack a guy upside the head - doing something for his interests. I realize this is practically impossible for some people (such as myself) but if he is into baseball, showing up with a couple of tickets is the sort of thing that can amaze most guys. And food - tickets with food. That's the kind of thing that can make you a legend among his circle of friends, after he kicks back and tells them how cool his girlfriend is, "She did what? Nooooo - she didn't.....Really!? Woww!!"

I suppose all I'm really saying is, guys aren't used to women planning something really around the guy's interests. It's just a date, but it can blow our minds - just think how happy we are to get a nice sandwich, then think what our reaction to a concert or camping trip might be.

Now there's a caveat to this, it really would be something that is about him, showing that you are catering to his interests. My ex always knew that, when I went out to the bars or took her wine tasting it was purely for her enjoyment, because those are her interests and not something I'd do myself. I would have a good time, but it was about her. A gesture like this really impresses someone when they know that the thought you put into it was about giving them something special.

New Threads

Top Bottom