• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wearing diapers/ nappies

I knew that I liked wearing diapers/nappies from the age of 3, I had to wear them even-though I was potty trained because of accidents up until the age of 9 and a half.

Then for many decades after that I had no problems with urinary incontinence until 2010 after I turned 30, side note I am now 43 at the Yes I fully admit that I choose to wear nappies at the time of writing this post.

After suffering from incontinence from seemingly out of the blue I had to return to wearing them at night and sometime during the day as I have a over active bladder, although I never wanted or desired to be this way it's just a part of my lifestyle nowadays

Since my bladder issues are intermittent and unpredictable I choose to be in diapers like a toddler as it's the safest bet of me not waking up in wet sheets or a mess as when I am asleep I can't always tell when I have the urge to let go, so I would rather sacrifice part of my man-hood to be this way.

I haven't worn diapers since I was potty-trained at 2 years old, and I hopefully won't ever have to. Diapers are for babies and incontinent people. I wear very comfortable underwear.

But I won't judge anyone personally for it. I mean, I keep wanting to buy my old toy kitchen I used to have, because the bright colours on it had always mesmerized me. I miss my childhood and want part of it back.
But it would be irresponsible for a grown woman with hardly no money nor the room to waste it on things I won't use. I mean, I'm a married woman for Christ sake. What would my husband say? Lol

Hi, just stopping in after having joined. I saw this in a DDG search, decided to look in, read up and, maybe, contribute.

The reason why I am here is because I found this place while doing a search on people with autism who wear diapers for comfort; I am one of them. I wanted back in diapers as soon as I got out...not saying I didn't want to use the toilet because I really did...but once the comfort of diapers was gone, I wasn't as happy. I spent over a decade leering over diaper ads in magazines, being jealous of babies toddle-waddling around in diapers and even had a run-in with Mom, who discovered me trying to put on one of my baby sister's Kimbies when I was 4. I don't remember what happened when I was caught.

But finally, after more than ten years, I was in a position to buy & sneak in a huge box of toddler Pampers. This will probably sound weird but I utterly love how fresh Pampers have always smelled. I bought them, got 'em home, made one me-sized diaper out of four (this was about 4 years before Pampers went 'hourglass'), put it on. It was July, 1981 and I fell in love with being back in diapers. It was heavenly. It was comforting, soothing, and (after the excitement wore off a tad) calming. I've been back in diapers now for 42 years; add my 3 years as a baby in diapers and that makes 80% of my life. I discovered Attends in 1988, wore them exclusively 'til after PaperPak bought 'em out (currently wear InControl Elite hybrid disposable diapers...or occasionally Northshore Megamax disposable diapers in pink).

I know all about AB/DL...been in it after discovering it in 1999 and that I was not alone. I think we all felt we were alone and were isolated, felt like weirdos...it's a heavy load to bear. But once I discovered it, it wasn't long before converting from DL to AB in 2000. After separation & divorce, I became part of the Portland, Oregon & Alberta diaper communities...even went on a few Diaper Campouts. I was hooked...

The big clincher was after I found out I have autism: once the after-diagnosis mind-game subsided in September 2019, I discovered something amazing: I was not only a toddler but a girl...and Bobbi Sue Ellen was born.

Diapers are a big part of my life; they are my comfort. The baby aspect helps a lot, too! In the past 5 years, I slowly accumulated AB girl clothing, like lap-shoulder t-shirts, onesies, rompers, shortalls...and some dresses, too! I just received two of the most utterly adorable, custom-made big-toddler-girl dresses and ordered two more. I love dressing & feeling like a toddler girl!

Add to that one slightly-toddlerized adult rocking chair (back lowered 4 inches to look toddlery), one self-made high-chair, coloring books, toy chest, red wagon, toys...found adult-sized Mam pacifiers, made my own 28-ounce baby bottles, have a giant green yoga ball to sprawl on, have several teddy bears & stuffies (including Bonnie, the forever love of my life)...and just this June I scratch-built a crib based on a full-size mattress and use it nightly. It's my sanctum sanctorum of all sanctum sanctorums. The perfect safe place. It's as vital to me as air and food. It has a phone-charge cord, small cubbies, a TV remote and an Arthur mobile. I'll never, ever get rid of it.

But enough of my pilgrimage in Pampers: back to the subject here of people with autism (like YT) who love wearing diapers for security, be they AB or DL (or even IC). I'm a 4-year member of an online forum for AB/DL/IC folk and our community is amazing. What we've all noticed is that there is a very high prevalence of members there with autism, and often we all wonder what the ratio could be of AB/DLs who have autism. We've never tried to determine it because there are over 41,000 members there! But autism seems to rule the topic on certain days. Being an "autie" in "Pampers" (adult diapers) is very common there. I guess the question will always remain...and perhaps even remain unanswered. One thing some of us talk about is how diapers are kinda like the compression garments some of us auties wear: snug, comforting, so on.

But my draw to diapers: snug, thick, bulky, warm, incredibly cuddly soft...and the ability to make me feel very little, especially as I waddle around Pampered in a cute dress, a romper...or just a diaper & t-shirt. The stress relief is indescribable. Soothing, comforting, assuring. Supremely comfortable. It's like getting cuddled unconditionally...and being able to move around & do things as it happens...or even sleep a'la baby overnight. So whenever the Muggle World has no degree of of my time...it's back in diapers and just being a toddler again (a girl, no less!)...until the Muggles tug my chain again.

Granted, wearing diapers past babyhood and not for their intended purpose isn't for everyone...but we wouldn't ever turn down the curious. And the community is very reinforcing & welcoming of the curious. So anyone who's curious about this I'd love to talk with ya more. And just putting it out there...we're not public-exhibitionists or pervs. Ugh...we have to chase pervs out on rare occasion. Oh, and we do. So feel free to reply or contact me, I'd love to discuss diapers...or anything else. Anyway, good to read & meet some of ya!

Last edited:
Most of my life I'd had off-and-on attractions to wearing diapers again and recently thought "what the hey" and started off with a bag of Goodnites and went from there, trying different brands. What I've found is that the "protection" is making it easier to be in the presence of my overbearing family more as well as the sensory feelgood. It is a bit of a risk of being found out and the possible aftermath of such, since I have no actual medical need though I was a late bedwetter.

Several things go through my mind; part of this has got to be the classic aspie late-blooming sudden intense interest. 2; I don't perceive my childhood as happy and loving as I thought it should have been, 3; I'm uncomfortable as an adult and the world's expectations for me to live up to, and 4; living with my family being the way it is, with these expectations and yet wanting to figuratively treat me as a toddler, this is a subconscious gesture in congruence with my history of stepping into the role of the accused. This is just my rational, logical self hashing it out, but from what I've been researching, it's like autism - it was already there and it's not going away on its own.

Am I truly alone in my double dose of weird?

Hope you are ok.
Regression can happen to autistics. It is hard when we do not feel loved, I also struggle to heal from an unloving as I would hope childhood.
It is hard when u just want to feel.that sense of love.
I have experienced regression too I think but I came out of it.
It is ok to experience this or feel the way you do but I hope you find the love and peace you seek.

Why do so many people on the spectrum have weird, creepy fetishes?
Hmmm. What makes this 'creepy'? Are we molesting children, proselytizing them or accosting the public with it? Is it against the law?

The answer to all counts is no. Your opinion seems rather judgmental, especially when you imply this has an absolute sexual essence by calling it a fetish. It is no more or less sexual than, say, buying a sports car and/or getting a very good job which edify one's vanity. In fact, modern psychiatry is rather accepting of it, provided it does not interfere with the practicer's ability to live a productive, self-sustaining, discreet life...nor does it either interfere with or victimize others. The only opposition to this arises from ignorant, judgmental, religious-based 'psychology'...and overall bigotry.

Until around 40 years ago, people regarded homosexuality, lesbianism and bisexuality with the same opinion you put forth here. Being any of those things then was a social death-sentence. Not anymore...because people have value, regardless of their lifestyle preference and provided they neither inconvenience nor victimize others...and live life with common human virtue & valor.

You are passing judgment based on the vanity of your opinion. We are not subject to it nor are we subject to any consequence arising from it. You may wish to reconsider further words about this topic as it seems clear you have no questions in earnest about it. Ignorance is not a positive virtue.

I'd like to add that your declaration of this being a fetish is further nullified by the fact that I am asexual...and despise sexual intercourse. Many of us are. This is my--our lifestyle, my--our coping mechanism...as well as for thousands, hundreds and thousands of others worldwide, even possibly millions. Again, be very careful with your resultant comments; not everybody is of your mind.

In closing: "De gustibus non est disputandum"...or "There is no accounting for taste". I rest my case.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of insinuating that if you wear diapers as a non-baby, outside of medical necessity, then you must be doing it because you're some weird creep who gets off to wearing them.

Like I said in my post back in February where I admitted to being a wearer: I wear my diapers because I find them comfortable, more comfortable than wearing adult underwear even. I'm also asexual and, while to me being asexual doesn't preclude having a fetish, diapers aren't one of them to me.

Heck when I went for a walk while diapered last year, I wasn't doing so in a way to draw attention to my diaper to get some thrills from people looking at me and going 'Oh my god is that person wearing DIAPERS???'. I just wore them under my jeans as I would for adult underwear.

I haven't worn any of my diapers since last year and it sucks btw lol.

Just because something isn't a crime doesn't mean it isn't odd or creepy. Not saying the people who do it are creepy, just the idea of it. I buy the New Balance ladies underwear from Amazon, they're very comfortable, no tags at all, and are that stretchy, sporty sort of material. Much more dignifying than wearing adult diapers. It's bad enough having to wear a sanitary pad during periods. Well, I've given up periods now, by taking the pill continuously, because the pads wouldn't stick in my super comfortable New Balance underwear.

Just because something isn't a crime doesn't mean it isn't odd or creepy. Not saying the people who do it are creepy, just the idea of it. I buy the New Balance ladies underwear from Amazon, they're very comfortable, no tags at all, and are that stretchy, sporty sort of material. Much more dignifying than wearing adult diapers. It's bad enough having to wear a sanitary pad during periods. Well, I've given up periods now, by taking the pill continuously, because the pads wouldn't stick in my super comfortable New Balance underwear.
That's fair enough. Thank you for being willing to give a little room.

I knew about people having fetishes for diapers (i think there is even some name for it), so was very interested in reading this thread, knowing that it won't be about an actual fetish.
Indeed what almost everyone wrote here is that it isn't about sexual things for them, but about feeling comfortable and safe wearing those.

I really appreciate everyone being brave enough to talk about things like this. You all have the right wearing things which makes you feel good.

Ugh, I could never wear diapers while being as continent as I am. It would feel like I'm degenerating myself back to being a baby. It's a pride and dignity thing. Also just doing it in the toilet is so much easier regarding hygiene. Diapers are for babies or incontinent children or adults. Obviously I can't stop adults from doing it in their own home but even so, I can't help but frown a little at the thought of it. I think most people would be with me on this, but it is difficult to give your opinions against something odd on an autism forum because the majority of autistic people have a more accepting attitude towards such bizarre things. But I'm with the NTs, I don't have to like or accept everyone's choices. I'm more accepting of things people can't help, like disabilities or sexuality, but when it comes to choice I think I have a right to have an opinion against the idea of it without actually judging the person.
Like those people on YouTube who have a (non-fetish) obsession with acting like a baby in every way (dressing like one and sitting in a crib with a pacifier and wearing a diaper, etc). I just find it unsettling, like watching a cat bark.

I knew about people having fetishes for diapers (i think there is even some name for it), so was very interested in reading this thread, knowing that it won't be about an actual fetish.
Indeed what almost everyone wrote here is that it isn't about sexual things for them, but about feeling comfortable and safe wearing those.

I really appreciate everyone being brave enough to talk about things like this. You all have the right wearing things which makes you feel good.
that's what i'm trying to do:being brave in talking about it,but the negative reaction of those amongst my family (mother,brother) stand in the way of things.i have a fetish for underwear (gray,black,orange,purple,leopard-print),panties included,while walking around half-naked like i live in the jungle,it's how i sexually express myself like i would've done when i was 11,but i do walk around entirely naked when i'm wearing boxer briefs,it's also like i live in the jungle ,especially when boxer-briefs are so old-fashioned,along side tighty-whities.it would alarmingly upset people amongst my family (mother,brother) or my friends if they knew or heard about it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't shame anyone directly for wearing diapers when not incontinent, as it isn't bad or wrong, but ASD doesn't preclude me from lightly having an opinion on things. It's only human to have opinions.

New Threads

Top Bottom