• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wearing diapers/ nappies

I would find it highly impractical and a social suicide. Lol. Not that there are not places where those might be handy like in long distance competetive sports if those only add up very minor performance hindrance.

Hmmm.. I think active carbon filters in the underwear if the diet is very restricted and not gut friendly might be more common.

Last edited:
I would find it highly impractical and a social suicide. Lol. Not that there are not places where those might be handy like in long distance competetive sports if those only add up very minor performance hindrance.

I'm pretty sure long-distance endurance athletes don't even bother with diapers and basically just let it fly.

Unless you're Tony Stewart (or a handful of others). I believe the adopting diapers usually comes after it happens to you and you realize the advice was right.

Well, diarrhea hit me during a long trip while using the public transport and when I had to walk home after it. Slim diapers would have been better than brown stream of "you know what" on pale pants.

By the way I think this one could be handy if you have settled to too restricted diet and I imagine lots of autistics are.

Last edited:
I'd be lying if I said I didn't. Only my diaper obsession was a result of my original obsession which was of the need to watch or be watched peeing and pooping. I would wear diapers to work out of convenience, but the reward for me was always being able to pee in the diaper, in public, with so many people standing nearby and unaware
Hmmm... I was the opposite.
My issues around the potty in earlier years of my life revolved around the thought that others knew about it. Therefore using public toilets and the toilet at home when we had guests was unbearable. I remember when ladies from my childhood tried to convince me that it is OK to pee and poo and we do it naturally. Nappies would have been the last straw. Actually I was very early bloomer in this particular issue. No issues with bed wetting etc but also very "anal retentive" in literal sense of the word while I'm not very clean person. I kind of obsess over some details because I feel inferior of doing a good job. It is a stress reaction. I do not like it. I wish there were no details. In a way Freud was wrong but also right. I am not very anal character.

Last edited:
I've been into them since I was 7.

I went started at an autistic school at age 7 and experienced older people than myself in diapers.
I was lucky my autism was though to be bad behavior.I was slow at everything last wet the bed at 14yrs then somewhat dry but later wetting came back and been in diapers for along time wife helps me a lot.

Alex, did the other people at your school wear them for incontinence or comfort? I'm really interested to know how common it is for people on the spectrum to wear diapers by choice.
I was put in diapers for both my wetting and comfort my meltdowns were bad as a child.

More so when I was younger. Now, being in them all the time, the sexual aspect of it has diminished. They can still be a turn-on in the right circumstances, though.
I had all kinds of behavior problems.When I was put back in diapers by my wife to keep her dry had just been tested found to have autism +dd if there was a sexual thing its long gone.

Most of my life I'd had off-and-on attractions to wearing diapers again and recently thought "what the hey" and started off with a bag of Goodnites and went from there, trying different brands. What I've found is that the "protection" is making it easier to be in the presence of my overbearing family more as well as the sensory feelgood. It is a bit of a risk of being found out and the possible aftermath of such, since I have no actual medical need though I was a late bedwetter.
Several things go through my mind; part of this has got to be the classic aspie late-blooming sudden intense interest. 2; I don't perceive my childhood as happy and loving as I thought it should have been, 3; I'm uncomfortable as an adult and the world's expectations for me to live up to, and 4; living with my family being the way it is, with these expectations and yet wanting to figuratively treat me as a toddler, this is a subconscious gesture in congruence with my history of stepping into the role of the accused. This is just my rational, logical self hashing it out, but from what I've been researching, it's like autism - it was already there and it's not going away on its own.

Am I truly alone in my double dose of weird?
I agree with your post when growing up had lots of problems as I said earlier last wet as a child at 14yrs then ok till later wetting came back.I was married she is younger than me she wanted no wet beds put me back in diapers then tested found to have autism +dd.

I love that this thread:
(a) is in General for some reason
(b) has limped along almost half my life now
(c) was relevant for so many people

Some people wear and use adult diapers, whether or not they have actual diagnosed incontinence issues.

I have been wearing diapers on and off for comfort and security since I was fifteen. I wear them now to work every day for a semblance of stability and because I actually prefer the convenience of not having to go to the bathroom.

Before that I had an obsession with soiling and wetting myself on purpose. (My absolute favorite conversation with someone was when they asked me how I "know" I'm doing it on purpose. Like, how in the hell am I supposed to answer that?")

I know I'm not the only diaper lover on the autistic spectrum...

At times I am embarrased to wear one because of prostate issues. Growing old sucks. But in May that may be a thing of the past as I have found a physician who can do a resection using a technique that maintains function.

I SEE DEAD...PERS...:D

Well, the future is going to se more interesting that I expected.

Both of my parents are old and use diapers, modern ones are very handy. I have not used them myself, but they way you tell about it, I may become something fun in my future life. :)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for testing our aceptance skills.

At times I am embarrased to wear one because of prostate issues. Growing old sucks. But in May that may be a thing of the past as I have found a physician who can do a resection using a technique that maintains function.

What is the technique because l know someone who really needs this done. Thank you in advance.

What is the technique because l know someone who really needs this done. Thank you in advance.
The problem with my BPH, is that the enlarged median lobe is intruding into the bladder causing issues. Any procedure creating heat will damage tissue resuting in problems like retrogade ejaculation. So the common procedure TURP (Trans-Urethreal Resectioning Procedure) is very sensitive to the Urologist's skill. I found one in my state that does Aquablation. It is a robotic procedure with real time mapping of the tissue to be removed that uses a fine stream of high pressure water to ablate the tissue. Recovery is faster and there are no reports of negative effects a year later.

Alright. I am going to share this with him. Congrats on this procedure. I have to see if they have it in the mid-west.

New Threads

Top Bottom