• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

We should have a science section

NeoPhile

Can I get a "Bright not Broken"?
I know this is my second thread here today. I like this site. I just feel there should be a few more sections. I'm only giving suggestions, not complaining.
I think there should be a science section where people can talk about science, technology, astronomy, NASA, biology, physics, engineering, and other things related to the scientific method. Most autism-related blogs have a section like this because science, astronomy, engineering, and NASA are common special interests for aspies. I know we have an Obsessions and Special Interests section where we can talk about our special interests, but I think it's important to talk about scientific literacy today. We're living in a world where facts are less imunible, and people understand less and less about science. We're turning into an idiocracy, and we can help fight against this by promoting scientific literacy. A section specifically related to scientific special interests could educate people about science and allow autistics to share and follow their special interests in astronomy, space travel, chemistry, engineering, and other science-related topics.

I have been wanting to expand the forum for a bit now. I will take this and your other suggestions into consideration when I start working on making this place a little roomier :)

Can I use it to endlessly plug Bill Nye? :>
I hear he's going to have a new series on Netflix!

New Threads

Top Bottom