• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WARNING-SENSITIVE TOPIC: Is Anyone Else A Social Pariah Because You Said The Wrong Thing?

The profile I had in there wasn't showing that part. It was cropped. They decided to search it up and find the uncripoed version all the way on a nsfw site. Idk why, but they did so anyway. As far as I know, the only warning I got from them before was when they deemed my character bio site as "inappropriate" when there is no nsfw content on there. Mt character site is here: Chubster G. Keswick ~ Aliases you can see for yourself if it's inappropriate or not. But anyways, I didn't post anything inappropriate. Plus, it's a game server. When I said I was one of those people into animals, I didn't know that they would take it as sexual. When I said that while interacting with other users in-game, I meant that I loves studying animals, interacting with them, caring for them. And the hyena drawing has glasses because it's a sona, but I was attempting to draw an anatomically correct animal. Even the cubs have glasses, I think. I'd have to look back at the drawing. I drew that hyena drawing based on a google images photo of an actual hyena laying in that position. At the time (which was about 2 years ago), I was just trying to draw my sona ad a mother with her cubs. There was nothing special about that. I just never should've interacted with anyone at all. Every time I socialize, it ends in me getting into trouble or excluded for it. I didn't know they would take what I say the wrong way or even search up my profile pic to find it on another site.

The point is that you don't want to create or use such imagery period. For some it's so offensive they can't get past it. With no way to change their minds. I'm a great admirer of artist David Stribbling. If you google his work, you'll see even while he has a keen understanding of animal anatomy, he's still careful about how he portrays his subjects. Something to think about.

But in the circumstances you outlined, much of this may have merely amounted to an excuse just to ban you. Especially given to the extent they were following you online outside their community. Where there's not much you can do about it. You were targeted by them, and they expelled you. Where all the hows and whys may not matter, regardless of how much you ruminate over it. You just have to move on now.

The point is that you don't want to create or use such imagery period. For some it's so offensive they can't get past it. With no way to change their minds. I'm a great admirer of artist David Stribbling. If you google his work, you'll see even while he has a keen understanding of animal anatomy, he's still careful about how he portrays his subjects. Something to think about.

But in the circumstances you outlined, much of this may have merely amounted to an excuse just to ban you. Especially given to the extent they were following you online outside their community. Where there's not much you can do about it. You were targeted by them, and they expelled you. Where all the hows and whys may not matter, regardless of how much you ruminate over it. You just have to move on now.
Okay.

I wish I could draw like that artist. Now my drawings look like something a 2-year-old did..

Me too. His paintings are so life-like that some of them look more like photographs. :cool:
Yeah..

I don't even think these recent sketches I did would be good enough to fit that. This is what i've done recently. I tried my first bird and my second reptile (another snake but a cobra rather than a boa).
20200331_164756.jpg
ZomboDroid 26032020182059.jpg
20200331_161618.jpg

The thing is, a lot of jobs are now requiring that you have a Facebook page before they will even consider you for hiring, and of course it has to be all puppies and rainbows and such. Even if you're not going to be in PR or something, you still have to have one. And if you don't your application immediately goes in the trash. They literally crossreference anything and everything they can find on you. ANY odd stuff gets you canceled.

More people are unemployed than employed now, which means that there are so many desperate people out there that employers can demand perfection and look until they get it. And a handful of megacapitalists hold the power of life and death over society, since without a job you can't have food, clothes, or a place to live. And if you don't have those you live in a tent and are constantly abused and arrested by the cops, and that's not getting into the mysterious death squads in my city who execute the homeless in the dead of night and the bodies are simply dumped in mass graves in the county potter field. And my mom wonders why I want to live in the wild and live off the land. :rolleyes:o_O

The thing is, a lot of jobs are now requiring that you have a Facebook page before they will even consider you for hiring, and of course it has to be all puppies and rainbows and such. Even if you're not going to be in PR or something, you still have to have one. And if you don't your application immediately goes in the trash. They literally crossreference anything and everything they can find on you. ANY odd stuff gets you canceled.

More people are unemployed than employed now, which means that there are so many desperate people out there that employers can demand perfection and look until they get it. And a handful of megacapitalists hold the power of life and death over society, since without a job you can't have food, clothes, or a place to live. And if you don't have those you live in a tent and are constantly abused and arrested by the cops, and that's not getting into the mysterious death squads in my city who execute the homeless in the dead of night and the bodies are simply dumped in mass graves in the county potter field. And my mom wonders why I want to live in the wild and live off the land. :rolleyes:o_O
So I do have a reason to worry.

Honestly.... you did absolutely nothing wrong! Even if you were into being a furry... what the heck is wrong with that even? It is between consenting human adults. (I hate kink shaming, lol)

Heck... internally I feel I am more animal than human and if someone got to know me, they would have to put up with me sending them pictures of all of the animals that I love. I love animals because they make a hell of a lot more sense than most humans. (as do I, lol)

Why are people so hung up on sex stuff? Why do they project sex on to everything even if it has nothing to do with sex? Stupid puritan pukes. Sexuality is not that big of a deal (it is a freaking normal part of life!). It is just that many institutions stigmatize normal healthy consensual (or personal) human sexuality so that people will feel guilty and give more money/power to these institutions (not calling out any specific religion here as it is an universal scheme).

I am sorry that this has affected you so strongly. I can understand how hard it is to have something meaningful taken away because people get stupid ideas in their heads. For me, being on the spectrum has meant letting go of people, places and things much more than NTs have to.

Letting go is a skill that develops over time. You will have to let go often in your life. The positive side to letting go is that you will have true freedom. Positivity is the only answer. Knowing that you can find something (or someone) different once you truly let go, is highly liberating.

Last edited:
Honestly.... you did absolutely nothing wrong! Even if you were into being a furry... what the heck is wrong with that even? It is between consenting human adults. (I hate kink shaming, lol)

Heck... internally I feel I am more animal than human and if someone got to know me, they would have to put up with me sending them pictures of all of the animals that I love. I love animals because they make a hell of a lot more sense than most humans. (as do I, lol)

Why are people so hung up on sex stuff? Why do they project sex on to everything even if it has nothing to do with sex? Stupid puritan pukes. Sexuality is not that big of a deal (it is a freaking normal part of life!). It is just that many institutions criminalize normal healthy consensual (or personal) human sexuality so that people will feel guilty and give more money/power to these institutions (not calling out any specific religion here as it is an universal scheme).

I am sorry that this has affected you so strongly. I can understand how hard it is to have something meaningful taken away because people get stupid ideas in their heads. For me, being on the spectrum has meant letting go of people, places and things much more that NTs have to.

Letting go is a skill that develops over time. You will have to let go often in your life. The positive side to letting go is that you will have true freedom. Positivity is the only answer. Knowing that you can find something (or someone) different once you truly let go, is highly liberating.
Thanks so much. ^^

You have hit a hard lesson but l believe you will carry this and apply it elsewhere. The less you share, the less you can be hurt. The more you share means you don't need a job, and you have thick skin.

No one wants an animal in bed when they can have a person instead! Not even a thing. Just a handful of desperate rural incel males and Tijuana donkey show women purely for shock value. Maybe Amsterdam RLD too. That's about the sum of it, so I believe you by default, AuBurney.

More interesting to me, is the fantasy of escaping society entirely. Because that was once my goal. Get rich, then live ultra-secluded for the rest of my days. Only a few special selected individuals would even get to talk to me, and I'll have finally escaped! I pulled it off, but it didn't work. Because then, once finally alone, you find you still haven't broken free of your own mind.

So I do have a reason to worry.

Only if you give them something both real and negative.

As I already said, give them something fake. Put up a Facebook page. And then just fill it with, I dunno, wholesome photos of dogs. What kind of snotbag employer would put hate against a profile full of wholesome dog photos? An employer who wants to be hated by the public, that's what kind.

If you already HAVE a facebook page and it isnt just full of super wholesome things... destroy it. It never should have existed in the first place, and that's a lesson to learn.

What's that? You have other problematic accounts elsewhere too? DESTROY THEM. All of them. No exceptions. Replace them with wholesome things. And for the love of puppies DONT PUT YOUR REAL NAME ON ANYTHING. Unless it's a Facebook account specifically designed for some stupid employer to find.

It's seriously not that hard to do. As I already said: Most employers arent going to go that far in terms of "referencing". That aint a good use of company time. The lower the position, the less time they're going to use. Unless you're doing something like managing PR stuff for them... it aint that big of a deal. And for those positions where it IS sensible for them to do some checking, well... that's why you design something specifically for them to "find".

You have nothing to worry about as long as you take the correct steps to fix any existing issues. And honestly... these steps are things you should be doing even when NOT considering a job. Internet Safety 101, that's what this is. Like I said before: Take this as a learning experience. Not just for employment reasons, but just in general. The internet is nice... but only when used SAFELY.

As I already said, give them something fake.

Creating employer-friendly social media. Rock solid advice, this is. But it only partially solves the root problem, which is: People on the spectrum are extremely prone to committing faux pas. I'm probably not even capable of having a long conversation that is 100% free of obnoxious Sheldon Cooper type faux pas errors.

Also, Misery, you're wise and logical. Therefore the pseudonym and location description you've chosen for yourself appear puzzling. You must know about The Secret/Law of Attraction. Positive thinking can often help, while openly wearing negativity on one's sleeve can be self-destructive. Faking good cheer may be impossible, but perhaps labeling yourself 'Misery from Big stupid hole in the ground (Illinois)' attracts and amplifies the misfortune? I'm very familiar with depression, so I know such self-labeling only comes from a place of truth and honesty.

Creating employer-friendly social media. Rock solid advice, this is. But it only partially solves the root problem, which is: People on the spectrum are extremely prone to committing faux pas. I'm probably not even capable of having a long conversation that is 100% free of obnoxious Sheldon Cooper type faux pas errors.

Aye, there's no easy solution to that one. Though, if anything, that makes the social media nonsense even more necessary to avoid, as that stuff would just compound any problem that would already be present from being on the spectrum.

Also, Misery, you're wise and logical. Therefore the pseudonym and location description you've chosen for yourself appear puzzling. You must know about The Secret/Law of Attraction. Positive thinking can often help, while openly wearing negativity on one's sleeve can be self-destructive. Faking good cheer may be impossible, but perhaps labeling yourself 'Misery from Big stupid hole in the ground (Illinois)' attracts and amplifies the misfortune? I'm very familiar with depression, so I know such self-labeling only comes from a place of truth and honesty.

Aye, I'm familiar with the Law of Attraction (sort of). Considering what my personal life is like, the name does create a bit of a... paradox, if thought of in terms of all that. And that's putting it mildly.

But in this case it really is a name, rather than the word taken literally. The character in my avatar image is where I got the name. I havent the foggiest bloody clue why she has that name. I found that her personality was extremely similar to mine (as was her use and timing of sarcasm), so I clicked with her and started using that name. It's so rare I find characters I can identify with to that degree. And then I was told many, MANY times over the course of a week that "that name really suits you" that I've just stuck with it ever since (about 4 or 5 years now? Maybe longer). I've done game dev work (contracted) and even in the credits I'm listed under this name.

So yeah, that's the story of the name.

Now as for the location though... no amount of positive outlook could cause me to not utterly detest this accursed region. "Big stupid hole in the ground" indeed. I've wanted out of here for as long as I can remember. The family has a house down on an island nobody seems to have heard of though, off the coast of Florida, so that's a start. When it's possible to go down there that is... blasted pandemic, I cant fly while that's happening. Well okay technically it's likely doable, but you'd never get me in one of those flying Pringles tubes while this situation is still ongoing. As if the whole airplane experience isnt bad enough to begin with.

But that's a whole other rant. A really long one.

FeralHeart (the original game), you'll be fine because the staff won't snoop for your profiles on other pages. FeralNighborhood (the temporary server for FeralHeart Unleashed, be careful).
That just sounds like someone in the "staff" has their own set of issues that they are visiting on you. Someone simply wants you out. I cannot imagine why they even care to snoop. I went to that "tuffpuppychubby" site and didn't see anything at all offensive. You must have done some editing.

Go to my website and you'll see all kinds of naked. Been a nudist for most of my life and never did a thing to conceal the fact.

That just sounds like someone in the "staff" has their own set of issues that they are visiting on you. Someone simply wants you out. I cannot imagine why they even care to snoop. I went to that "tuffpuppychubby" site and didn't see anything at all offensive. You must have done some editing.

Go to my website and you'll see all kinds of naked. Been a nudist for most of my life and never did a thing to conceal the fact.
The tuffpuppychubby site was never edited. They just claimed that because I even had the words "mating habits" without any real specifics, they deemed it nsfw. Now they did search up my hyena profile (a cropped version of my avatar here) and find the unceopped version on furaffinity. Then then found other things I posted on fur affinity that was clearly fanart/postings and a little anatomy thing for my character. Idek how or why they even found my fur affinity account, but it wasn't necessary. It's not like I had any links to that site. It has nothing to do with the game, either, and I never mentioned it.

New Threads

Top Bottom