• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wanting to do the same activity / thing.

Sadly yes I prefer to stick with what I usually like doing which is usually drawing,collecting dolls and comics,but when it comes to trying new stuff I usually don't like doing it,My husband struggles to get me into new things and yes it can stress me out even thinking of doing something outside of what I like or usually do.

It not a common thing for me. However, some years ago when I was jobless, I end up mainly Sim City to cope with depression. I don't know how many months this lasted.

For me personally, its not that I'm unwilling to try new things or that I get anxiety from it its just I would rather not do them. For instance, I will watch TV shows that I have seen every episode to over and over rather than starting a new show. Part of this has to do with me not wanting to get attached to something that might be cancelled, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, I have trouble listening to music that I have not heard before. For instance, there is this album by one of my favorite artists that has been out since last march, but I have not, as of late, been able to psych myself up enough to listen to it.

I had the same experience with college orientation. I will say this though: When I do new things I become less reluctant to do them the more I put myself out there. I have anxiety at the first day of class every year since I started college in 2012, Now in a masters program I still have anxiety of whether I am in the right room, did I misread the classroom number, am I put together well enough, can I be articulate today or am I going to come off as crass today, and so on.
I can relate to so many things you said! I don't know what the solution is for us, but we know we are not completely alone in our struggles

Anyone else have this problem? That you want to do the same activity or thing over and over again. The mere thought of doing something different stresses you out. To the point that you usually don't try something new?

I've been having this problem forever. Especially with video games. Or t.v. shows.

I always play Sims 2 on my computer or Sims 4.

But today I decided to try something different, Sims 3. I feel stressed out playing it because it's something new. But at the same time, am forcing myself to try something new. Since I never try anything new. In terms of games in this case.
Yes, so am going to try not gaming for a while myself. I am constantly on Heroes of the STorm.

I bought a new game this week, Diablo 3 on Xbox, £12 from CEX in Town.

Only played it once though all week, because contrary to popular belief I have a very busy life beyond my Xbox, that and I was told incorrectly on here in a topic in the technology section last week that Diablo 3 is a Dungeon crawler, it is Quest based but not Dungeon crawling.

I am like that. Since I am living in peace, I live alone in my own home nowadays.

It's after work I cook dinner. Since I had wired my PS3 to my TV and the Internet, I have YouTube on the big screen. I am always watching Lego animation and I do watch the same animation.

After the release of "Game Of Thrones" season 7, I already went through all 77 episodes of "Game Of Thrones" three times.

At the moment, I am heavily into YouTubing, been doing this for three weeks and I had uploaded five episodes since I love getting myself on video voicing Autism awareness.

I have to work everyday, same job, same place, same day. All I like to do is publish things on YouTube.

New Threads

Top Bottom