• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Visitor Robots

cnn

Let me share something (I think) cool about this forum: Visitor Robots : )

I enjoy checking out the list of robots roaming around the topics, next to online members and guests.

Is there anybody else sharing this "interest" or are there any other interest you have found on the forum?

Let us know!!!
Cheers
Cnn

Yes I notice there are 17 members, 118 guests, and 50 robots here currently.

Mostly I am interested in the threads people post.

Bots? I loathe the very concept of blind, generalized data harvesting. Whether for search engines or not. However it's endemic practice on the Internet and has been for a very long time, and not apt to recede anytime in the future.

My specific concern is the Affective Data, oh boy we are h.cked : )
Bots? I loathe the very concept of blind, generalized data harvesting. Whether for search engines or not. However it's endemic practice on the Internet and has been for a very long time, and not apt to recede anytime in the future.

"Let the machines do their thing, they're not harming you or me" they said. That's what they all said, time and time again.

At least we get to tell them we saw it coming from a mile away. :eek:

Guess I don't like the idea that my personal thoughts, ideas, study of some subject end up on the site being crawled and perhaps even documented. My ideas and thoughts belong to me.

Noticing the targeted ads a lot more, I used to just block all ads, now i don't so, it's like 'I once was blind, but now I SEE.'

It's even funnier on reddit where there are bots on some subreddits threads called AutoModerators. Sometimes they remove stuff that breaks the rules. Sometimes they remove stuff even tho the post was perfectly ok to post. Usually they're programmed to just remind people of the rules. But sometimes they're programmed to say the weirdest things. An example is one i saw today saying "deal with it snowflake" with a sunglasses emoji. It wasn't in response to anyone. It was just a lone comment. Like what the heck?! Who thinks to give these bots this sorta material to say?! :p
I once saw a dude argue with one of these bots and someone was like 'dude! you're arguing with a freakin bot!" :p

Yes I notice there are 17 members, 118 guests, and 50 robots here currently.

Mostly I am interested in the threads people post.

I think that it bothers me a little that they are called “robots” or “bots.” Like isn’t a robot supposed to have a body and build cars or wave it’s arms around and say “danger, Will Robinson!” or something?

Maybe, I am starting to get old, but it isn’t really that old, I know “Lost in a Space” from reruns, not from watching the original show in the 60s

I don't like robots.
I was afraid of them even before I knew what a robot was.
I'm not kidding.
In 1960, yeah I go that far back, I was three years old and we were visiting at a family friend's house.
This was in Arizona and very hot.
The lady of the house went to a closet and brought out an up-right fan on legs with wheels.
She turned it on and I was sitting on the floor. Scared the bejibbers out of me. I thought it was
a robot. How did I think of robot? I don't know.

Another time at their house she went to the same closet and brought out a child sized raggedy Ann doll
and gave it to me. I was afraid of that too. I thought it was a dead kid she had stuffed in the closet!:eek:

Yeah, forever weird.

New Threads

Top Bottom