• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video Training for Social Skills

neilwalker1970

Hi,

I am currently receiving therapy from the NHS in the UK. My therapist has suggested I try and observe people having conversations to learn some social skills. I have trouble knowing what to look for when I people are having conversations at work, not to mention I get stressed or I'm just too absorbed in my work to notice what is going on.

My therapist has suggested I find on line videos but a search of YouTube has only turned up Professors talking about Aspergers or else videos for Aspergers kids shoing them "happy" faces or "sad" faces.

Does anyone know of any useful social skills videos suitable for adults with Aspergers?

Thanks,

Take an art course. ;)

I think one of the reasons why I don't have as much problems reading people is because of all the time I've spent studying charts like this. It's also kind of fun to try and make all the faces!

I don't think I'm too bad on actual facial recognition. I think my problem is actually making conversation and being interested in other people and being interesting myself.

I don't think I'm too bad on actual facial recognition. I think my problem is actually making conversation and being interested in other people and being interesting myself.
I think that for allot of people that only comes with experience.
Start by having conversations with people you respect, its easyer to relate to that person so the conversation should be more fluid.

I used to look for music videos (live mostly) to figure out how emotions are expressed.
Some artists have a very refined, brilliant way of expressing emotion. It has taught me a whole lot.
The result was obsession, my massive library contains just over 3020 music videos.

New Threads

Top Bottom