• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video games you're playing?

Recently I played a bit of Gotham City Impostors... more for the novelty value and the fact that it's free... and that it's Batman related.

And I got into Torchlight II today. I liked Torchlight when it was out a few years back, so I had to try part 2... according to myself :p same old same old actually, but nonetheless it's a fun game, which I'll probably finish in a few days.

I'm currently doing a lets play of dark souls at level 1, I'd appreciate your support if you like the game or the video I make.

also I'm playing minecraft with my SO every night. its really fun :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went from playing a lot of games to just World of Tanks (SEA region) and Torchlight II and sometimes Guild Wars 2.

PS3's GTA IV of course! Absolutely love it...the sheer scale and depth of the game is amazing. If computer graphics were an artform, this would be a masterpiece on a Grande scale! Can't wait for the next one to come out!

I love driving around and timing how fast I can get up to 6 stars and then just love driving around on 6 stars until I get bored and switch off the game. It's brilliant as a stress-reliever and at the end of it you just go back to real life.

Slowly I should retract my statement about not being a gamer, since more and more I post here about current games I'm playing, lol

I finished Dishonored today. Spend 2 days on it :\ which I think is rather short. I should add, not 48 hours non-stop ;) I sometimes play for 30 minutes a session, barely for hours without end. The game itself was fine, bit of a mix between Hitman, Thief & Assassins creed with a bit of fantasy elements bordering on steampunk (though steam is weirdly absent, lol). I liked the designs of it more than gameplay or story, which for most people might be silly to play a game for, but concept art for games (and movies) usually gets more attention than anything else.

Probably the best thing I got from it, was new inspiration for my own project (and a few good hours of playing a game)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am playing castlot, I liked it in the past when i had a good league but I quite because of drama going on, not in my league but with the rest of the people in the game. So the league on the server I am on now, I feel very awkward with, they are the number one leauge, but they want people to be more social talking in the league chat, and are wanting me to donate more to league than i can affford without it affecting my game. If I quit the league and join another I will be a target, I try to go it alone, I will be an even bigger target. So I think right now, I am just waiting for the next server to open up and hope I can find a league I feel comfortable with.

I think my avid video gaming days are over to be honest because GTA is everything as it caters for all genres of game it seems (even arcade). I can't wait for GTA 5 to come out and I hope they bring back the jet pack too and put in some kind of feature where one can turn the 'wanted' levels off completely because driving round endlessly with 6 stars gets kind of boring after a bit. I remember in the first ever GTA that came out on the PC that the maximum you could get was 4 stars and if you played it long enough the game would stop re-spawning the feds and the game would take off to a whole new level once again.

The other game series I like is Command & Conquer and absolulely loved C&C Red Alert Yuri's Revenge (I still download mods for it even now). But the series has gone silly with super units which spoil the game with God-like super powers and it just isn't what it used to be. To have units that can undermine entire armies and bases is just silly and defeats the whole point of it being a strategy game.

And this is why I think my video gaming days are coming to an end. That and the fact that if some of them get any more 'realistic' they won't be 'fun' any more and will perhaps be a little too realistic for gaming sakes.

The other game series I like is Command & Conquer and absolulely loved C&C Red Alert Yuri's Revenge (I still download mods for it even now). But the series has gone silly with super units which spoil the game with God-like super powers and it just isn't what it used to be. To have units that can undermine entire armies and bases is just silly and defeats the whole point of it being a strategy game.

As somewhat of a fan of that series, I do agree. I like the RTS genre by itself a lot, but a lot those games don't resolve around strategy as much as they do about having an arms race, seeing who has a superweapon first an/or just swarming your enemy, because... having a bigger army is pretty much a way to win. Not all armies/games should play the same, and most of them do now :(

I play lots of games favourits being forza and car simulators and the elderscrolles games. But i play loads of other games, at mo i playing minecraft alot. Grand turismo good games although i prefer the edgyness to the cars on forza (not to say they arent both good simulators)and they sound more meaty on forza, havent played 5 though.

PS3's GTA IV of course! Absolutely love it...the sheer scale and depth of the game is amazing. If computer graphics were an artform, this would be a masterpiece on a Grande scale! Can't wait for the next one to come out!

I love driving around and timing how fast I can get up to 6 stars and then just love driving around on 6 stars until I get bored and switch off the game. It's brilliant as a stress-reliever and at the end of it you just go back to real life.
Cnt wait till it comes out here

Recently played Deadlights, but I was slightly irate that the port (since it's pretty much a console port to PC if you ask me) relies heavily on gameplay with a controller and cause of that some parts are quite hard with a keyboard. I tried it on my xbox as well, plays fine, pc... not so much.

I tried to get into Company of heroes a bit. I felt like playing a WW2 game... and with the sheer overflow of FPS games, I wanted something else. Yes, CoH is an old game. I don't care. After a few missions I figured this is all it's going to be. Felt a bit underwhelmed by it... that's probably just me.

I canceled my EvE Online Accounts due to being broke. I'm now just playing Battlefield 3 and Minecraft. And it looks like it's gonna stay that way for a while.

I have other games installed here but my son is the one that plays those.

I have too many games on Steam that I no longer play:
they go as following:
Steam account 1:
Borderlands (GOTY edition)
Call of Juarez
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Star Wars Jedi Bundle (Dark Forces, Dark Forces 2, Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy)

Steam Account 2:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
Portal
Tales of Monkey Island (all episodes, 1 through to 5)
all the X game (X: beyond the frontier, X-Tension, X2: the threat, X3: albion prelude, X3: terran conflict, X3: Reunion)

So if any of you have any games you'd be willing to trade, let me know...

Currently just trying to gather some achievements for Batman; Arkham city and Space marine. Oh, and Braid.

Recently I went through Homefront and Spec ops The line.

And looking at my steam account... in the past 5 months (since my last post in this thread) I've went through;

Portal 1
Portal 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Deus ex: human revolution (and the Missing link DLC)
Rage
Toy soldiers
The secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2.(special edition)

Dragon Age II. It is my first ever video game, I am playing on the lowest difficulty setting, and I have been stuck for WEEKS on this one stupid boss-dude. I am such a...what do the kids say these days? "n00b"?

New Threads

Top Bottom