• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video Game Idea: Autistic Farm Simulator

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I just came up with this idea for a video game; an Autistic farm simulator. The player can choose to either be, or not be an Autistic protagonist, if he or she is, they can choose to be a member of one of the Autistic factions (of course I’d like it if one of those factions was Claritas :)) that have set up farming communities alongside the main town; the player is also free to just be a freelance farmer. The player than goes on to manage his/her own farm, as well as family, and also works on developing and improving the relationship between his/her faction and the town (if he or she is a member of a faction), manage diplomacy with the other various Autistic factions, and does other things you do in Farming simulators.

What do you think? I myself am too busy to be playing video games, but it sounds interesting, and of course if someone does want to make this and include Claritas in it, please include me in on it.

This actually sounds like a really good idea.

Farming games have always been very popular (see Stardew Valley), and taking one and putting a story around it that features an autistic protagonist could be an interesting twist. Though it's hard to get a really good story going around one of these games, they tend to be kinda awkward with the storytelling.

Still, games dont have many autistic protagonists, so that'd be unique.

I do game development of my own (I'm planning to actually release something for real, without help), but... this is beyond my scale. This would take a small team to do. Particularly for art assets.

(pulls out a walkie talkie) This is Alpha 17! Send in RPG Maker VX Ace and start a payload of custom sprite sheets! I need name generators, plant seed lists, custom maps, modding support, everything you can get your hands on! GO GO GO !!

What is Claritas?

"Claritas Segmentation & Market Solutions is a platform that lets marketers and advertisers analyze markets based on comprehensive Nielsen's consumers' profiles and identify target consumer groups for their products and services."

I've been slowly getting into gamedev so this seems like a really cool idea to me. Although I really do want to make some decent shmups and things like that first, before going into the farming / crafting territory!

And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't insult anyone if I said most shmups are pretty autistic as it is, lol. It's hyperfocus central. Maybe I could somehow blend the two, for science.

What is Claritas?

"Claritas Segmentation & Market Solutions is a platform that lets marketers and advertisers analyze markets based on comprehensive Nielsen's consumers' profiles and identify target consumer groups for their products and services."

It's in @Greatshield17's signature. If I'm not mistaken it's their autistic / catholic prayer group.

New Threads

Top Bottom