• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video game genre poll!

Video games?

• FPS or third person shooters

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Sports

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • RPGs

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Roguelikes/roguelites

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Walking simulators

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Narrative games

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Twin stick shooters

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Fighting games

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Beat 'em up / Hack 'n Slash

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Puzzle / card / casual / other

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Do word games count?
Like Wordle, dordle, quordle, octordle, sedecordle?

I don't play video games now but back in the day when I did, I was heavily into a game called Ghosts 'n Goblins. Not sure what the type of game is called, you just try to get past obstacles and not get killed. And Monkey Island was good, that's the type where you walk around and solve puzzles and find clues.

A bit of everything but most of what I play is on old consoles now (PS1, PS2, PS3, DS and GBA). Additionally, it depends on what mood I'm in.

One day I might fancy playing a racing/vehicle-based game like Crazy Taxi, Crash: Nitro Kart, XGIII: Extreme G Racing, Ace Combat 5, etc.
The next it may be a platformer like Super Mario 64 DS, Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights or a Crash Bandicoot/Spyro the Dragon game.
Other times I might go for a shooter game like Red Faction, Evil Dead: Regeneration, Wolfenstein 3D, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, etc. or go for a more open world game like GTA: San Andreas, The Simpsons: Hit and Run, the first two Destroy All Humans! games or one of the Saints Row series.

As I say, it depends on my mood.

Last edited:
I have a "don't knock it til you've tried it" approach to games, I'll try pretty much any game of any genre.

Of course, right now with less time on my hands and the sheer amount of games on offer, I'm more selective.

I still miss the Mega Drive/Genesis and the PS1 days when I could say "Does it exist and is it a video game? Then I'll play it!" I even spent hours making 3 frame animations on a Mega Drive game called Art Alive.

cameo_artalive.PNG

Hooked on racing, hooked beautiful ski or snowboard racing. Drag racing or stunt driving is fun.

I have a "don't knock it til you've tried it" approach to games, I'll try pretty much any game of any genre.

Of course, right now with less time on my hands and the sheer amount of games on offer, I'm more selective.

I still miss the Mega Drive/Genesis and the PS1 days when I could say "Does it exist and is it a video game? Then I'll play it!" I even spent hours making 3 frame animations on a Mega Drive game called Art Alive.

View attachment 95281

These are probably my favorite type of 'games'. I've never heard of this one so now I must check it out!

Roguelikes of all types, fighting games, twin-stick, which is also often combined with roguelikes... Binding of Isaac takes the cake here, and remains not just my favorite game of all time but one of the ones that had the most influence on me.

Also shmups, of the bullet-hell variety. Platformers too.

And I did the whole Git Gud thing, thank you very much. I dont play the fighting games nearly as much as I used to though, the competitive community is a bit of a snot. I have allergies, I dont really need more snot.

When it comes to games that arent skill-based, I have a particular fondness for horror. Not like Resident Evil or anything like that, moreso different stuff. A lot of these are very short things, perhaps even just a quick 20 minute game (usually the super short ones are free). Sometimes these stick with me a good while... a couple of examples were Lily's Well, and At Home Alone Final. Both were around 4-6 hours to finish, but boy did they both stick with me long after I completed them. Umfend is another fave... strange game, that.

Oh, and Minecraft! That and whatever genre it's in. I've been a huge fan since the days when zombies dropped feathers because nobody had invented chickens yet. There's a rare sentence for you.

Lastly: Retro games, including golden-age arcade stuff. HUGE fan. I have all of them. Just all of them. Yes, I'm a dirty emulator user, but let's just keep that between us, eh? The old 2600 remains my favorite console.

Definitely mostly FPS for me, but the specific brand focused on exploration as mentally mapping 3d space by traversing it is very satisfying. Doesn't need to be shooters however, first person perspective is all that's needed.

The only proper FPS game I've fully enjoyed is Splatoon, that's one of my favourite games :p Nowadays, for the past three years I've really gotten into rhythm games, and before that I played Just Dance as a kid. I also played a lot of Wii Sports and became quite good at it, I have played a very decent variety of games but only a few have really stuck to me. I've only ever owned Nintendo and PC games :)))

New Threads

Top Bottom