• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Very lonely; I want to spend time with someone.

I'm sorry to hear that :( I get very lonely myself, as I have no real life friends and have loads of trouble talking and making conversation with people, so I can relate to what you're saying.

Do you have any interests/special interests? Maybe you could find some sort of small club that involves your interests or special interests, so you can interact with people that way? Even better, you could find a club or group where you don't have to talk much (if you don't like talking), you just sit there and do the activity and can talk whenever you want to if you want to. That way, you're still being around people, but don't have to say much, or you can talk as much as you like? I used to go to a social group for teenagers/young adults who are on the spectrum. We met every Friday and I got to hang out with other people with Asperger's - we did work on social skills and other things that we Aspies have difficulty with, and then we got to play board games and do fun things like that together. It was terrifying, having to be around other people and talk to them, but it helped that they were also like me and were on the spectrum too, so we had many similar difficulties. We also had the occasional outing, where we did things like mini golf, bowling, trampolining, games cafe etc.

I'm not sure if there's groups like that where you are, or if you are interested in doing that sort of thing??

This may be slightly risky but have you ever posted a wanted ad for band members? I play instruments and I have posted many musician wanted ads. Like 10 of them. The experiences have been varied, but none of them were bad or anything. I played shows with national acts for a few shows. I was offered a spot on a few different tours. I know you said you have stage fright but you can overcome that. My remedy for pre-show nervousness was a single Jager bomb right before the set. Limbered me right up before I jumped around on stage for half an hour. One time I was living close to the heart of the city and I had a nice pad there, so I posted an ad and a few hours later I was jamming with some college kids in their studio!

Like you, I only enjoy life when I'm drunk. Just know that alcohol will kill ya just as fast as anything else will. My pancreas is shot and I'm a young guy.

@ftfipps I've always been shy. It very difficult to work with others also and since I'm selectively mute that doesn't help. Yeah, I'm dealing with alcohol abuse atm. So, I'm looking for a solution to really just knock it off some. Yeah, It's much easier to even be social and feel like making friends when I'm wasted. , Best Wishes

@invisibility003 I just like playing guitar and tattoos.. unfortunately I'm too shy and anxious to play in front of a ton of people and I don't really enjoy anything else except getting drunk.

Since you enjoy playing the guitar, would there be any bands/string ensembles around near where you live? You wouldn't necessarily have to talk much (or even at all), but you'd still be around people, so that would count as being social, I guess? I used to play clarinet in the school band and didn't really have to do much talking at all, it was just mostly playing, even though I was around people. Or even just smaller unofficial groups, where you just play for fun and don't have to perform in front of people, its just a small group of 5 or 6 people (though I have no clue if things like that exist). Do you know anyone else who plays guitar or an instrument? Maybe you could somehow find someone who does as well, and get together and just play guitar/other instrument together? (though I'm not too sure how you'd find someone. Put out an advertisement? Perhaps not.)

@guitarandtattoos I have always been shy, too, but people always seem to be nice enough once you are accepted into their social circles. Either way, if you decide you want to It's as easy as posting a Craigslist ad in the musician section. I've done it a several times. Alcohol is the only thing I can trust in this world. Even though I have a bad pancreas I still drink. My brain automatically starts partying when I drink. My brain goes, hey! I remember this! There is NOTHING better in this world to me than drinking. Unfortunately, I do have health problems due to alcohol use. I would say enjoy it and don't worry because I have a very rare complication but just be aware. Be careful with your body.

New Threads

Top Bottom