• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

UK dating show Blind Date is coming back on Channel 5 with Paul O'Grady!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Website for applications.

If you're over 18 and single and looking for love, this might be the Show for you.

I just emailed for an application form anyway, I also applied for The Undateables on Channel 4 but they did say it'd be a while before I heard anything from that.

Five still can't think up its own TV programmes I see.

giphy (1).gif

Well good luck on the application.

If you're over 18 and single and looking for love, this might be the Show for you.

I just emailed for an application form anyway, I also applied for The Undateables on Channel 4 but they did say it'd be a while before I heard anything from that.

I'm not sure how 'aspie-rational' blind date would be. And plenty of people from the undateables just end up being friends after if at all that.

There was a show in the US called Blind Date. I wonder if it was based on the UK one.
Well you copy us brits for everything in showbusiness (Robot wars, Steptoe and son, Top gear) so why not this too :p

Actually the UK's "Blind Date" first aired in 1985. Even "Love Connection" hosted by Chuck Woolery first aired in 1983. (Also returning to the air shortly, hosted by Andy Cohen on Fox.)

And then there was Chuck Barris' "The Dating Game" hosted by Jim Lange which first aired in 1965. Amusing to look back and see some of the guests on "The Dating Game" who later went on to become household names in entertainment.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not so easy to tell which country did it first. I think we all kind of have our own country biases thinking that "we did it first" sort of thing.

I must admit though I can only stand so much of the American versions of these programmes. I think it's the orchestral music they use which really puts me off and the aerial shots that move fast then slow down. I don't know how to describe my feelings towards it! I'm too used to our type. I suppose Americans probably feel the same about ours too.

Well you copy us brits for everything in showbusiness (Robot wars, Steptoe and son, Top gear) so why not this too :p

And Doyle copied Poe and most of your well known actors have to go to Hollywood before anyone in America knows who they are. :p That's what makes the world go round.

Yeah, it's not so easy to tell which country did it first. I think we all kind of have our own country biases thinking that "we did it first" sort of thing.

The other thing to remember is that most of the other versions of shows found around the world were produced by the original creator. Ricky Gervais and Toby Whithouse were both involved in the American versions of their shows, for example (Although I consider the "US" version of Being Human to be the Canadian version but that's neither here, nor there).

and most of your well known actors have to go to Hollywood before anyone in America knows who they are.

Our dramas are considered the best in the world at the moment :p

Ours is the country (London specifically) you go to launch a music career and from which the majority of the most popular artists come from :p

At times Hollywood has more british actors than americans:p

Our dramas are considered the best in the world at the moment :p

Considered by whom? Do you have a lot of North Koreans on your Facebook page? Do you speak Russian? Are kids in Uganda watching the BBC in between rations?

Ours is the country (London specifically) you go to launch a music career and from which the majority of the most popular artists come from :p

Really? Cause most of my favorite bands and musicians are from Australia. Men at Work, Ice House, Natalie Imbruglia, Savage Garden just to name a few. Also a lot of the shows myself and my brothers have watched over the years were filmed Down Under such as Spellbinder, The Wiggles, The Koala Brothers, Doctor Blake, Miss Fisher Murders.

As for actors, I would bet money that more Americans knew who Hugh Jackman and the Hemsworth brothers were before they knew Peter Capaldi, David Tenant, and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Oh and when Alexander was having a no good, very bad day, he wanted to go to Australia.

I could go on and I don't want anyone from the UK thinking I dislike the artists and shows from the UK, but you get into a "Battle of Wits" with an Aspie and claws will come out. ;)

Well I sent in the application last week (plus 2 photos, a head shot and full body shot), they'll probably bin it when they see the snaps, I know I'm not very photogenic.

That's all wrong though, it's not the looks that should be important, it's the personality that matters,

When they do a show like the undateables they're specifically looking for people such as yourself who no doubt tick a lot of boxes (the show is founded around awkward and yet misunderstood people who deserve a genuine chance). Blind date is far more mainstream and if memory serves I can always remember it was the contestants that are likely to help sell the show to its target audience that are likely to be picked, looks go a long way for that (personality will be a good second) so even many average looking NT guys might find themselves being just as over-looked as I suspect you might for this show. Blind date will be a lot more superficial than the undateables.

Things like audiences or contestants for game shows are more likely to be less bias for looks too.

When they do a show like the undateables they're specifically looking for people such as yourself who no doubt tick a lot of boxes (the show is founded around awkward and yet misunderstood people who deserve a genuine chance). Blind date is far more mainstream and if memory serves I can always remember it was the contestants that are likely to help sell the show to its target audience that are likely to be picked, looks go a long way for that (personality will be a good second) so even many average looking NT guys might find themselves being just as over-looked as I suspect you might for this show. Blind date will be a lot more superficial than the undateables.

Things like audiences or contestants for game shows are more likely to be less bias for looks too.

Still not heard back from the Undateables yet, but they did say it could be a while, thing is I applied towards the end of last year.

New Threads

Top Bottom