• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV show theme songs

LadyS

One eye permanently raised it seems...
V.I.P Member
Couldn't find one so thought of starting a thread on TV show opening theme music and opening sequences.. Any catchy favorites? Memorable ones? Ones you hate? Etc.

This morning I heard the Dallas theme song which I havent heard in years and it triggered childhood memories of my parents obsessively watching it...

Last edited:
...so as I kid I always felt bad for Fred being locked out of his house at the end :tearsofjoy:. Still loved the show and song..

Couldn't find one so thought of starting a thread on TV show opening theme music and opening sequences.. Any catchy favorites? Memorable ones? Ones you hate? Etc.

This morning I heard the Dallas theme song which I havent heard in years and it triggered childhood memories of my parents obsessively watching it...

One of my earliest memories is the anxiety of wondering "Who shot J.R.???"

Most people don't remember that there was an advertisement for Kelloggs tacked on at the end of the Beverly Hillbillies theme. Even though this ad is like 60 years old, I get hungry for Corn Flakes, every time this comes on, lol. Now that's marketing!

I grew up kinda rednecky, in the desert. We had our own junkyard- a mountain of scrap appliances and big pieces of steel and iron, between our trailer and my grandparents' mobile. In my home there was no bathtub, toilet, or sink. The only running water was a garden hose hooked up underneath the kitchen sink, and the wastewater drained onto the ground underneath the trailer. Work for the men of my family consisted of agricultural and tradesmen type gigs. And when they weren't working for someone else, they were hammering, welding, weeding, or roofing. Constant hard work was the norm. Whenever I hear this theme song, I think of my father and grandfather.

Last edited:
Did anyone else sing along to the theme song, with "Be-witched, Be-witched. Bewitched, Bewitched, Bewitched"....

.... and this one with "Jeannie, I dream of Jeannie. Jeannie, I dream of Jeannie"?

I liked The Brady Bunch better when they were keen (the earlier seasons), than when they were groovy (the later seasons). In the Keen era, they spoke softly, and lived quiet, honorable lives. The humor was more silly and heart warming.

Even the theme song is calmer and sweeter.

Last edited:
...so as I kid I always felt bad for Fred being locked out of his house at the end :tearsofjoy:. Still loved the show and song..
I felt sorry for him too, but at the same time, I always wondered, "Why doesn't he just climb through the window? There's no glass." lol

I am way too familiar with all the themes mentioned so fa, for I have been watching television since 1951. That is a very long time to be a TV junkie, but I am what I am. There are many themes in my head, some with lyrics some with just music.

One of the earliest is from a television show of the early fifties: Mr. Peepers.

It starred Wally Cox. I do not recall much of the series other than its theme, but noted that its first episode is available on YouTube, along with this intro music from the show.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom