• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Turtle Beach wired headset for Xbox One - Would it work with my hearing aid?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Bought one from Game in Town for an extra Xmas present for myself to save while Monday, I did ask in the shop whether the thing would be compatible with my digital hearing aid but they didn't know.

Please don't just tell me to Google, I've looked up hearing aid specific headsets and they're very expensive.

Wouldn't they let you try it in the store? Can you return it if it doesn't work?

Sounds logical under the circumstances, Lucy. Especially if it's a Turtle Beach headset using their "HyperSounds Clear" proprietary technology which is intended to improve the lives of people with hearing loss."

At least it's promising that the OP went for this particular brand which seems to be very committed to those with hearing loss, apart from the gaming market. Though whether or not the set he purchased has this technology is unclear. Also unknown whether or not this technology involves their import products to Britain. Might even be worthwhile to directly email Turtle Beach with such a question.

It certainly has my attention given I have tinnitus, a hearing condition that presently has no cure. I may check out this feature of their headphones as well. Looks hopeful, anyways with Turtle Beach products in particular.

Makes me wonder if there are other vendors working in partnership with hearing aid manufacturers given how sophisticated headphones continue to evolve. Though I wouldn't expect such products to be inexpensive, either.

Turtle Beach Corporation Partners With American Hearing Aid Associates For Groundbreaking HyperSound Clear™ Hearing Solutions Product

Last edited:
That is a very good question and I hope you do post if you discover the answer. They should know that. They are not being too disabled friendly, eh?

That is a very good question and I hope you do post if you discover the answer. They should know that. They are not being too disabled friendly, eh?

Meh, minimum wage shop workers would struggle to tell you the time of day if you asked them.

Yeah that might be deemed a bit rude, I'd happily work a few hours in a shop for money if the government would let me.

The mic works perfectly, got it on now on a Karaoke app on my Xbox.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom