• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Try to think positive

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
Hang in there, I have seen a few people negative and downcast over the last couple of days
I know there is another covid variant but people will make it bigger than it is.
The most important thing is do not give up
Things can always turn around and get better at any given time
Even if there does not seem like solutions there always are
Be a friend to others, you are all lovely on here
Just be yourself, I know autism is obviously a struggle and a battle.
I am proud of each of you on here that I have seen because everyone is really friendly and is incredibly strong and trying so hard each day with living with ASD
You are worth it and you are worthy humans

I will start being positive today by saying I like your newest profile picture. Pretty picture there and your personality is sweet too. Now, as for myself, my mind automatically thinks of something good after I feel any needed negative thought or emotion and learn from any situation sooner than later. I focus only on my efforts, attitude and not instant results, as some things take longer to achieve, if we can even change some things, like a few things involving ourselves, as we certainly cannot change others and many life situations.

So, yeah, be true to yourself, and do what you can, when you can, and in the ways you can. We all are different there. Be kind to yourself and keep moving forward. I have faith in many persons to be their best or try their best. Allow days where we do not feel the best though, but try not to let those times keep us down for long. There are lots of good things out there about ourselves and in the world if we choose that path and break free from more negative pasts and present situations.

It’s been difficult. But, I still find wonder in new music and the idea of journeys to new places of existence.

I will start being positive today by saying I like your newest profile picture. Pretty picture there and your personality is sweet too. Now, as for myself, my mind automatically thinks of something good after I feel any needed negative thought or emotion and learn from any situation sooner than later. I focus only on my efforts, attitude and not instant results, as some things take longer to achieve, if we can even change some things, like a few things involving ourselves, as we certainly cannot change others and many life situations.

So, yeah, be true to yourself, and do what you can, when you can, and in the ways you can. We all are different there. Be kind to yourself and keep moving forward. I have faith in many persons to be their best or try their best. Allow days where we do not feel the best though, but try not to let those times keep us down for long. There are lots of good things out there about ourselves and in the world if we choose that path and break free from more negative pasts and present situations.
Thanks for saying it.
xxx

image.png

It has been a rough end of week, but I've been through much in my life, and this too I will overcome; remembering good times with my friends.

Just stumbled upon this - it's one of those self-help trendy posts, I know, and who knows how useful such a list can be. But hey thought I'd share anyway.

370689317_3203702659933808_7005818254006356801_n.jpg

Just stumbled upon this - it's one of those self-help trendy posts, I know, and who knows how useful such a list can be. But hey thought I'd share anyway.

There are a good few of these that define the psychological torment I put myself through. Though the biggest on for me is "Fearing failure more than the desire for success". This sole belief is the crux of my whole problem growing up and what I am struggling to break now.

I have a tendency to fear success as well [in addition to failure]. In fact I probably fear success more - more pressure there.

Last edited:
It's not fearing success. It's being so afraid of making mistakes and failing, that success cannot happen. It's denying one's self the chance of trying things because you don't want to face failure. Basically self-sabotaging before you do anything. But in doing so, you deny yourself the capability to evolve as a person and better yourself.

To fear failure is to, ironically, fail yourself. To stick yourself in one spot and not leave it.

I can tell one you thing, the reason I'm so negative is definitely not due to overworking.

It sounds probably kinda contradictive, but my dad thinks that Im so much better than I actually am. He wants me to set such high goals that it demotivates me and creates pressure to keep pushing myself to be what Im not. Im really happy with the little things I have and I dont want to suffer for something of that I cant even be proud of. The whole situation creates a hole in which Im stuck in, unable to accept myself. Doubting my true wishes, just because someone else (who I really love) keeps saying that this isnt good enough. That everything about me will never be enough.
I dont want to give up on myself just because hes unable to trust me. I dont want to have his mindset. I adore him, which makes it really hard to ignore his damaging words.

I probably need a long time for it, but I want to value myself and internalize that my words, opinions and wishes are at least as important as others are.

Im a bit afraid that, me standing my ground, will cause even more friction, but if I dont do it I and he will lose so much more.
We dont want to lose each other, and I will not let that happen. (Even if hes too freaking stuborn to even try understanding my point. Well....hes in a suprise, I started to grow some balls.)

Even if he ends up being disappointed in me forever, I dont want to disappoint myself.
I dont want to live a Life that I didnt choose.

You can give up and get up again the next day.
What I cannot understand is people who sit in a pit and lay there never hoping for anything to get better and cannot do anything at all positive for themselves.
We all have problems but never do social media...that is the lesson

I have a tendency to fear success as well [in addition to failure]. In fact I probably fear success more - more pressure there.
That is so right.
There us nothing better than...
Not having the pressure to succeed in career etc and once you did maybe get success people expect so much and think how happy you would be from that kind of success like being a Prima ballerina or world famous actress some of those people are often so unhappy because of the outside pressure and the pressure they put on themselves and the work it takes to be that person day in and day out.
And there is nothing better than just being happy regardless of what happens in your life.
However you do need money and at least a bit these days, for nice and comfortable home, nice beauty products and toiletries and fluffy towels, comfortable sheets see what I mean.

It sounds probably kinda contradictive, but my dad thinks that Im so much better than I actually am. He wants me to set such high goals that it demotivates me and creates pressure to keep pushing myself to be what Im not. Im really happy with the little things I have and I dont want to suffer for something of that I cant even be proud of. The whole situation creates a hole in which Im stuck in, unable to accept myself. Doubting my true wishes, just because someone else (who I really love) keeps saying that this isnt good enough. That everything about me will never be enough.
I dont want to give up on myself just because hes unable to trust me. I dont want to have his mindset. I adore him, which makes it really hard to ignore his damaging words.

I probably need a long time for it, but I want to value myself and internalize that my words, opinions and wishes are at least as important as others are.

Im a bit afraid that, me standing my ground, will cause even more friction, but if I dont do it I and he will lose so much more.
We dont want to lose each other, and I will not let that happen. (Even if hes too freaking stuborn to even try understanding my point. Well....hes in a suprise, I started to grow some balls.)

Even if he ends up being disappointed in me forever, I dont want to disappoint myself.
I dont want to live a Life that I didnt choose.

That is so smart and wise
I was like that when I was young, I wanted to find a dream or career I really enjoyed and
I wanted to live somewhere and have a life I was happy with, never settle or just do something or be somewhere where I was completely misersble

This is valuable. Not covered is the past issue that drove me, the expectation of failure and rejection. That was the first barrier that I needed to overcome in growing.

New Threads

Top Bottom