• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

True or False

True, boiled trough and trough

On paper your work should not fit you at all, but somehow it does. (for context, I`m a janitor at a school with 1500 teens)

Maybe true to people who think autistic people can’t work full time 5 days a week.

In a group of autistic people, you can appear neurotypical.

True I guess, Since I have never been in a group of neurodivergent people.

I put the needs of my partner (or someone else very close) before my own needs. Even if it comes at a cost like autistic burnout.

True (if I do everything via wifi)

the person you are closest to is neurotypical

False (did have multiple in the past thou)

Breakfast is your favorite meal of the day

False (but almost true)

You prefer a smartphone over a computer, in general

Very much false, smartphones are so limiting and I don't understand how people use them as their primary (or even only) computing device.

You have never travelled overseas.

True, I`m from the Netherlands

You cannot tell someone you are on the spectrum if you have never had an official diagnosis.

Might be true that some people who haven’t had a diagnosis identify as being on the spectrum. But an official diagnosis may be the only way to disclose in some circles.

You’ll eat breakfast foods for dinner.

True (rarely thou)

Thanks to this forum and its members you understand yourself better.

New Threads

Top Bottom