• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

True funny life experiences.

Ken S.

Dog Cookie King
V.I.P Member
I will start it with a story from 1983 when I was in the USMC.
My best friend, a guy from upstate New York who was into bodybuilding and weighed about 255 lbs. For purposes of anonymity I will use his nickname "Bucket Head." One night while he and I were stupidly playing quarters for shots of Jack he gets the idea he wants to call home so we walk down to the pay phones which were about a 300 yards away.
We get there and he has forgotten his phone number due to inebriation and starts asking the operator "What is my number? My name is Bucket Head I live in upstate New York." As soon as he hung up the phone he crumpled to the ground like a puppet who's strings were suddenly cut.
I (who was just as inebriated as he) tried to wake him but it was no use so I picked him up in a fireman's carry and started the task of getting him back to our room and deposit his heavy butt in his bed. Along the way I bumped his head on the brick wall a couple of times and in the morning he had no memory of the event so I said "You don't remember tripping and hitting your head on the wall?"
He replied "No" and I left it at that. Yes I know but a Leopard (Spotted Hyena in my case) can't change it's spots.
What are your funny life experiences?

I will start it with a story from 1983 when I was in the USMC.
My best friend, a guy from upstate New York who was into bodybuilding and weighed about 255 lbs. For purposes of anonymity I will use his nickname "Bucket Head." One night while he and I were stupidly playing quarters for shots of Jack he gets the idea he wants to call home so we walk down to the pay phones which were about a 300 yards away.
We get there and he has forgotten his phone number due to inebriation and starts asking the operator "What is my number? My name is Bucket Head I live in upstate New York." As soon as he hung up the phone he crumpled to the ground like a puppet who's strings were suddenly cut.
I (who was just as inebriated as he) tried to wake him but it was no use so I picked him up in a fireman's carry and started the task of getting him back to our room and deposit his heavy butt in his bed. Along the way I bumped his head on the brick wall a couple of times and in the morning he had no memory of the event so I said "You don't remember tripping and hitting your head on the wall?"
He replied "No" and I left it at that. Yes I know but a Leopard (Spotted Hyena in my case) can't change it's spots.
What are your funny life experiences?

Fifteen years ago, a co-worker and I were auditing a client in Germany during Oktoberfest. So one night he and I went to a party at a well known brewery in Wiesbaden. He and I being "stupid" Americans underestimated the potency of German beer. There were these twin barmaids, Ninja and Anija, who we paid a lot of attention to, with me flirting and taking photographs of them working. At the same party we met a few other frauleins and got totally wasted.

When we got ready to leave I couldn't find my coat, and I reported it lost or stolen. After I got back to my hotel I slept for 16 hours, waking up around 6 PM. I have never been so drunk and felt so bad as I did that night. Afterwards, when I was reviewing photos taken that night, there was a photo of a fraulein whose name I did not remember wearing my coat. That was the last I saw of that coat. I was so embarrassed that I didn't worry about trying to retrieve the coat. I have not been intoxicated since this happened.

Last edited:
So far, I think the thread should be retitled, Things that seem funny when you're drunk (but are actually rather risky.)

However, I can't actually remember anything funny that's happened to me, so I can't help here. There was the time I went to a work meeting in a new area, and thought the only way home was to cross a 6 Lane road that didn't have a pedestrian crossing. I nearly tried it until common sense kicked in. I wasn't drunk though.

I was scootering with a young person over a bridge ( point of clarification i work with kids at a special needs unit, i am 55 years young, yeah young get it) having misjudged my speed i fell to the floor and banged my head, feeling dizzy i heared twopeople my age say 'serves her right acting like a kid!" it was so funny aswas the boy laughing at me and refusing to help me up, perception of how we shouls act at certain ages i hope i can always enjoy my playful child and not be as others percieve i should be, sorry have i got this thread wrong?

I have already submitted one example of humorous, inappropriate behavior, but here is another.

While working in Johannesburg, South Africa, two male co-workers and I decided to rent a van and go sightseeing. We ended up at the Pilanesburg Game Reserve and drove the van through the reserve without a safari guide. Along the way we met a young male elephant who was trying to eat a plastic bottle that someone threw out. Having had a few beers I foolishly got out of the van and tried to take the bottle away from the elephant. The elephant became pissed and charged at me as I was walking away. Rather than just jumping in the van, I stopped and took a photo of the charging elephant (see my avatar) as a once in a lifetime photo opportunity. I then dove into the van and sped off to safety.

Sorry, all of my funny experiences involve some element of risk and adult beverages.

I was in a truck. That went died on the side of a hill. In an attempt to get it to start. They tried pushing it. While i was inside. And it rolled into another truck.

@Thinx I hope you can see the ironic humor in saying two people that had to be ready to go war at a moments notice drunken antics were dangerous.

@Thinx I hope you can see the ironic humor in saying two people that had to be ready to go war at a moments notice drunken antics were dangerous.

No. I'd be masking if I said I saw humour in that. However, I know why it is seen as funny. I see poignance in it, though.

New Threads

Top Bottom