1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

True funny life experiences.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ken S., Apr 5, 2020.

1. Ken S.

Ken S. Dog Cookie King V.I.P Member

I will start it with a story from 1983 when I was in the USMC.
    My best friend, a guy from upstate New York who was into bodybuilding and weighed about 255 lbs. For purposes of anonymity I will use his nickname "Bucket Head." One night while he and I were stupidly playing quarters for shots of Jack he gets the idea he wants to call home so we walk down to the pay phones which were about a 300 yards away.
    We get there and he has forgotten his phone number due to inebriation and starts asking the operator "What is my number? My name is Bucket Head I live in upstate New York." As soon as he hung up the phone he crumpled to the ground like a puppet who's strings were suddenly cut.
    I (who was just as inebriated as he) tried to wake him but it was no use so I picked him up in a fireman's carry and started the task of getting him back to our room and deposit his heavy butt in his bed. Along the way I bumped his head on the brick wall a couple of times and in the morning he had no memory of the event so I said "You don't remember tripping and hitting your head on the wall?"
    He replied "No" and I left it at that. Yes I know but a Leopard (Spotted Hyena in my case) can't change it's spots.
    What are your funny life experiences?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Rasputin

Rasputin ASD / Aspie V.I.P Member

Fifteen years ago, a co-worker and I were auditing a client in Germany during Oktoberfest. So one night he and I went to a party at a well known brewery in Wiesbaden. He and I being "stupid" Americans underestimated the potency of German beer. There were these twin barmaids, Ninja and Anija, who we paid a lot of attention to, with me flirting and taking photographs of them working. At the same party we met a few other frauleins and got totally wasted.

When we got ready to leave I couldn't find my coat, and I reported it lost or stolen. After I got back to my hotel I slept for 16 hours, waking up around 6 PM. I have never been so drunk and felt so bad as I did that night. Afterwards, when I was reviewing photos taken that night, there was a photo of a fraulein whose name I did not remember wearing my coat. That was the last I saw of that coat. I was so embarrassed that I didn't worry about trying to retrieve the coat. I have not been intoxicated since this happened.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thinx

Thinx Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

So far, I think the thread should be retitled, Things that seem funny when you're drunk (but are actually rather risky.)

However, I can't actually remember anything funny that's happened to me, so I can't help here. There was the time I went to a work meeting in a new area, and thought the only way home was to cross a 6 Lane road that didn't have a pedestrian crossing. I nearly tried it until common sense kicked in. I wasn't drunk though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Giraffes

Giraffes Active Member

I was scootering with a young person over a bridge ( point of clarification i work with kids at a special needs unit, i am 55 years young, yeah young get it) having misjudged my speed i fell to the floor and banged my head, feeling dizzy i heared twopeople my age say 'serves her right acting like a kid!" it was so funny aswas the boy laughing at me and refusing to help me up, perception of how we shouls act at certain ages i hope i can always enjoy my playful child and not be as others percieve i should be, sorry have i got this thread wrong?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Rasputin

Rasputin ASD / Aspie V.I.P Member

I have already submitted one example of humorous, inappropriate behavior, but here is another.

While working in Johannesburg, South Africa, two male co-workers and I decided to rent a van and go sightseeing. We ended up at the Pilanesburg Game Reserve and drove the van through the reserve without a safari guide. Along the way we met a young male elephant who was trying to eat a plastic bottle that someone threw out. Having had a few beers I foolishly got out of the van and tried to take the bottle away from the elephant. The elephant became pissed and charged at me as I was walking away. Rather than just jumping in the van, I stopped and took a photo of the charging elephant (see my avatar) as a once in a lifetime photo opportunity. I then dove into the van and sped off to safety.

Sorry, all of my funny experiences involve some element of risk and adult beverages.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Wolf Prince

Wolf Prince My future job title.

I was in a truck. That went died on the side of a hill. In an attempt to get it to start. They tried pushing it. While i was inside. And it rolled into another truck.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Ken S.

Ken S. Dog Cookie King V.I.P Member

@Thinx I hope you can see the ironic humor in saying two people that had to be ready to go war at a moments notice drunken antics were dangerous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Thinx

Thinx Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

No. I'd be masking if I said I saw humour in that. However, I know why it is seen as funny. I see poignance in it, though.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Met this guy at a party that I was instantly attracted to, he was gorgeous and so different from anyone I had known before. Was in my early twenties at the time. I have no tolerance for alcohol, so one beer or a bit of wine made me reckless. He invited me to his place to eat. So I said yes, he lived two houses down from where the party was taking place.

He brought out a really great vegetarian ratouille, that he said he had made. And we ate the food on a picnic table in the back of his house. I became really sleepy, after the alcohol and food. And began to talk about going back to my apartment. He said, 'no stay here' and I was so sleepy I agreed. He led me to this tiny detached room, it was quite dark. Put on a light inside and I went in and fell immediately to sleep, as he did.

In the morning I was woken by the sound of scraping metal as a door was opened, as I looked out at the sun shining I took in my surroundings. It was a metal shipping container I was sleeping in as the guy brought me breakfast from his parents house.

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Was on a road trip in the canadian maritimes, we stopped randomly to have lunch at a tiny diner/gas station in the middle of nowhere. Parked the car, and I noticed as we were walking into the diner that there were a lot of cars like mine. It was odd, because my car was old, and unusual, there were not many on the road at the time.

There were different years, colours, styles but all AMC concord's. When we walked inside most people were smiling at us, many said hello, I thought initially that they were really friendly there. It was an AMC car club, and they were on a cross-canada rally, I think they thought we were new members.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1