• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Toxic parent HELP

Sfgirlred

I live with this parent because I don't feel like delivering pizzas or washing dishes to stay alive and I don't want to be a cam girl. I am stressed out and I legitimately need help. It's totally toxic and I don't trust a word they say. How in god's name do I get out of this?!?! I have untold amounts of emotional pain because of this garbage.

Some specifics would be useful, if you expect any really
reasonable replies.

treats me like I'm a dimwit. Tells others I'm a dimwit. Acted like I had a "mental health" issue that bs. Had me institutionalized several times.

All i get is you don't want to feel underemployed i get that but need details of your problem to give advice.

The only way out of this is you leave, immediately. You live on your own even if it means you're happier living in a shelter or delivering pizzas/washing dishes etc. You don't get the comforts of home, but the only way you can prove you can be independent is to go out on your own. You don't tell your parent you are leaving. You just pack up whatever you can and leave immediately.

Maybe put up with one more night if it's too late to leave. Get money from the bank immediately the next day if you have any money in the bank and need it.

I'm also not sure what you mean by a "cam girl."
Do you mean that this parent sexually abuses you or that this parent shows your privates to other random people on the Internet?
You can call 911 if you need help.

National Sexual Assault Hotline

Call 1-800-656-4673
Available 24 hours everyday
Call RAINN immediately if you're being abused.

I looked up "Cam girl." Well, at least it's safer than other things.

If you agreed to be a cam girl earlier, and you're afraid that it would ruin prospects out of this, your best bet is to leave immediately. Then, for the rest of your life, say your parent forced you to do it if questioned by a prospective employer and tell him/her/they that you have moved on. Better to avoid this altogether.

I've washed dishes, and done a thousand other jobs. You are not guaranteed a plum job, as well as complete independence from your parent's toxicity. Washing dishes is a jumping off point to better jobs. If you don't want to wash dishes or be a cam girl, find yourself a sugar daddy, then washing dishes might look pretty damn good.

Sorry if I seem cranky. Entitlement is one of my pet peeves.

I live with this parent because I don't feel like delivering pizzas or washing dishes to stay alive and I don't want to be a cam girl.

What is your source of income now?
Are you employed?
Do you receive some kind of benefits that provide income?

The only way out of this is you leave, immediately. You live on your own even if it means you're happier living in a shelter or delivering pizzas/washing dishes etc. You don't get the comforts of home, but the only way you can prove you can be independent is to go out on your own. You don't tell your parent you are leaving. You just pack up whatever you can and leave immediately.

Maybe put up with one more night if it's too late to leave. Get money from the bank immediately the next day if you have any money in the bank and need it.

I'm also not sure what you mean by a "cam girl."
Do you mean that this parent sexually abuses you or that this parent shows your privates to other random people on the Internet?
You can call 911 if you need help.

National Sexual Assault Hotline

Call 1-800-656-4673
Available 24 hours everyday
Call RAINN immediately if you're being abused.
Thank you, sir

Look l feel you are stressed out right now. You need to take a deep breath and think out a possible solution to this. I am working crappy jobs but l like to feel productive and busy. I left a marriage that went really bad and decided to work at whatever l can do. I was harrassed in dead end jobs so l just applied for work elsewhere.
You have to start at bottom and just keep applying. Sorry your parents treat you like a lab rat. You are better then this, but you have to get out of this. Start thinking, start working.

I've washed dishes, and done a thousand other jobs. You are not guaranteed a plum job, as well as complete independence from your parent's toxicity. Washing dishes is a jumping off point to better jobs. If you don't want to wash dishes or be a cam girl, find yourself a sugar daddy, then washing dishes might look pretty damn good.

Sorry if I seem cranky. Entitlement is one of my pet peeves.
Thank you

A job is a job it may provide structure, improve your self regard and respect and enable a degree of independance that you so deserve, as others have said get out and build a life away from the negating influences you have on a day to day basis.

Look l feel you are stressed out right now. You need to take a deep breath and think out a possible solution to this. I am working crappy jobs but l like to feel productive and busy. I left a marriage that went really bad and decided to work at whatever l can do. I was harrassed in dead end jobs so l just applied for work elsewhere.
You have to start at bottom and just keep applying. Sorry your parents treat you like a lab rat. You are better then this, but you have to get out of this. Start thinking, start working.
Well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. I know people that are going to die living with a toxic person

I've tried working. The jobs pander to certain pets, favorites of the boss and I get screwed.
Suck it up. You have autism (I presume, or why are you posting here?). You are not going to rise quickly and painlessly through the world of work. Chew on this for a while. But most likely you can find some way of surviving other than living under your parent's roof.

Yes that can be true, so try and try again to get another job and do the mimic thing you know fitting in at times or another choice is to feel the world's a unfair place and not work, personal responsibility and accepting the world is what it is and not how we want it is a difficult thing to accept and one i still struggle with, off to bed now so will catch up with this tomorrow.

treats me like I'm a dimwit. Tells others I'm a dimwit. Acted like I had a "mental health" issue that bs. Had me institutionalized several times.

Does this person presently have legal Power of Attorney over your own affairs?

If not Florida, what state jurisidiction are you referring to? Are you bound by any terms to regularly attend psychiatric outpatient care at this time? Or are you simply residing under a parent's roof of your own free will without paying room and board?

(Many states have their own proprietary versions of Florida's Baker Act.)

Example: California's Lanterman-Petris-Short Act.

The Lanterman-Petris-Short Act - California Hospital Association

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom