• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Top 10 Stealthy Stims

I didn't realize it said "stealthy stims" until I read Misery's post. I read it as "healthy stims" all along. :eek:

My favorite everyday object is definitely a clothespin. They're great to mindlessly open and close. I used to chew on them too before one broke in my mouth, so now I don't do that anymore.

Kegels must be the ultimate in stealthy invisible stims...

giphy.gif

Just discovered a wonderful visual stim. There's a Google Earth app on my phone. When you open it, there's an Earth on the screen that you can make rotate round and round if you swipe it :)

Hi, New to this Forum and was Diagnosed with AS on 26th July this year. Where do I start with stimming. Probably my favourite though is cool material like the edges of a proper sheet (not stretchy one) running between my fingers (against the webbing (I'm not a duck) between them) this applie to my toes also.

With my left palm facing down and tapping alternating with my right forefinger and middle finger. People can’t see what you are doing.

I really like the Tangle Jr. which I just got a few days ago. It was recommended to me by an autistic friend in Scotland who I knew years before I was myself diagnosed. You can use it with one hand, it can wrap around your fingers nicely and it’s impossible for it to have a sharp edge. It has interesting symmetry properties, and it can be a bit of a puzzle to get it to return to a tightly packed curl. They come in multiple styles, including metallic, textured, fuzzy, etc. the metallic one flexes super smoothly and I love just looking at it as it writhes in my fingers.

I really want to get the silicone noodles many of you are suggesting, but if I know myself, it’ll only be a few seconds before one of those ends up in my mouth.

New Threads

Top Bottom