• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

• Parents stigmatize their child by sending them to therapy. Parents don't want to admit that they're the problem.
    • Independent, autonomous clients. People who come of their own free will. Lower in the power scale in family system. They're not allowed to be themselves in a family system. Parents can really attack them for being more honest. Therapists collude with more powerful people in children's life. Therapists aren't really honest with the children. Very hard for therapist to not do this. "You can't be yourself. You can't really grow". Parents want children adjusted and bent more by therapists.
    • Children are really powerless in society and therapy. Some therapists get off on that power.Therapists who fight for children is not too common. It's really hard to grow up as a child in our world.
    • Control children
    • 1. Prevent suicide, a means to control children. Pfizer developed questionairre to determine a child's suicidality. Why trust Pfizer when they want children to be suicidal? Other questionairre by NY State Psychiatric Institute. The way they treat children was disrespectful and horrible.
    • 2. What children need? Shoving 'needs' down children.
    • Self-Justification by mental health professionals
    • 1. Psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, nurse, linguist. How does going to medical school train you to become an administrator? "All kids are being medicated"
    • What are children learning from taking psychiatric drugs?
    • 1. Is marijuana worse than a 7 year old taking Ritalin, 12 year old taking Zyprexa? Is it worse than taking an anti-depressant? Clinicians really hate giving the decision making power to children. Clinicians really love power. Clinicians are usually people who feel disempowered, people who in some emotional level, not in control of their own lives, so they project it out into other people.
    • A built-in forced audience
    • 1. People who are forced to come. Clinicians can get into a lot of trouble. Clinicians protect themselves because they're scared of what will happen to them. Traumatization - force medication and house ejection by police force.
    • Letting parents off the hook
    • 1. Most kids who have medication don't have loving and supportive parents. What clinicians mean when they have supportive parents is that the parents support them, not children. It's a large conspiracy to force and control children.
    • The trapped child
    • 1. Child says he's suicidal. Clinicians don't believe him. Child stopped coming to treatment because they didn't trust him. Clinicians forced him to come to treatment. Child was very non-compliant. "If you don't tell us how you're really feeling, then we will control you even more." "We said it in a very kind way"

Last edited:
Today I learned bit about ways to stop rain runoff problems. I learned that the ditches you see along some houses for runoff are called swales.

Today I learned:
- McDonald's once attempted to make bubblegum flavoured broccoli for kids. It was an attempt to make kids eat more vegetables, however, it wasn't a success and the product was ditched.

- The tiny 2nd inner pocket in jeans was originally designed to store pocket watches
upload_2019-5-28_14-52-18.jpeg

-

The scientific term for brain freeze is “sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia"

Clouds are actually very heavy. The average cumulous cloud weighs 500,000 kg (or 1.1 million pounds)

There's such thing as fish and chip gelato
fish-chips-gelato-1024x1024.jpg

A hyperforeignism is a type of qualitative hypercorrection that involves speakers misidentifying the distribution of a pattern found in loanwords and extending it to other environments, including words and phrases not borrowed from the language that the pattern derives from. The result of this process does not reflect the rules of either language. For example, habanero is sometimes pronounced as though it were spelled with an ⟨ñ⟩ (habañero), which is not the Spanish form from which the English word was borrowed.
Hyperforeignism - Wikipedia

I looked this up after noticing that the Pantone color chart listed a particular yellow as 13-0849 TCX Habañero Gold.

Philosophy
  • Is anything impossible?
  • Venn Diagram Logic
  • Anthony De Mello
  • Kant's Moral Theory
  • Plato's Soul (Advice for Living Well)
  • Part 2 of Plato's Cave
  • Symbolic Logic
    • Part 1

Today I learned:

John Rhys-Davies played both Sallah from the Indiana Jones films and Gimli the dwarf from Lord of the Rings.

The actor is 6'1", and was in all actuality the tallest man in The Fellowship of the Rings.

How'd they do it?

*Another fun fact, he also played Treebeard from Lord of the Rings.

103131370_249305946353633_1631041729466790822_n.jpg
102958202_249306209686940_3350325092072182796_n.jpg
103370915_249306553020239_3789496170655319606_o.jpg
102421748_249306709686890_1182104799556190413_o.jpg

Today I learned that there is a forest of two hundred year old white oak trees:

At Naval Support Activity Crane, near Bloomington, Indiana the U.S. Navy maintains "Constitution Grove," where a forest of white oaks are grown for the sole purpose of restoring and refitting the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned US vessel still sailing.

Why the US Navy Manages Its Own Private Forest

Last edited:
My cat shedded a whisker yesterday, and I learned that a cat's whisker can be very sharp on the end that's in the follicle. I found that out when I accidentally poked myself in the thumb with it.

Today I was reading an article on people who eat insects, and I wondered if eating insects would make humans vulnerable to the parasites that insects carry. And it does, 30% of insects eaten by humans are potentially pathogenic (of a bacterium, virus, or other microorganism) (causing disease to humans). Which is quite troubling, as other animals also eat insects and people eat insect eating animals as well.

A parasitological evaluation of edible insects and their role in the transmission of parasitic diseases to humans and animals

"From 1 January 2018 came into force Regulation (EU) 2015/2238 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015, introducing the concept of “novel foods”, including insects and their parts. One of the most commonly used species of insects are: mealworms (Tenebrio molitor), house crickets (Acheta domesticus), cockroaches (Blattodea) and migratory locusts (Locusta migrans). In this context, the unfathomable issue is the role of edible insects in transmitting parasitic diseases that can cause significant losses in their breeding and may pose a threat to humans and animals. The aim of this study was to identify and evaluate the developmental forms of parasites colonizing edible insects in household farms and pet stores in Central Europe and to determine the potential risk of parasitic infections for humans and animals.

The experimental material comprised samples of live insects (imagines) from 300 household farms and pet stores, including 75 mealworm farms, 75 house cricket farms, 75 Madagascar hissing cockroach farms and 75 migrating locust farms. Parasites were detected in 244 (81.33%) out of 300 (100%) examined insect farms. In 206 (68.67%) of the cases, the identified parasites were pathogenic for insects only; in 106 (35.33%) cases, parasites were potentially parasitic for animals; and in 91 (30.33%) cases, parasites were potentially pathogenic for humans. Edible insects are an underestimated reservoir of human and animal parasites. Our research indicates the important role of these insects in the epidemiology of parasites pathogenic to vertebrates. Conducted parasitological examination suggests that edible insects may be the most important parasite vector for domestic insectivorous animals. According to our studies the future research should focus on the need for constant monitoring of studied insect farms for pathogens, thus increasing food and feed safety."

A parasitological evaluation of edible insects and their role in the transmission of parasitic diseases to humans and animals

Last edited:
In truth, the majority of calories, nutrients, and protein that a cow absorbs comes not from the grass or hay it eats, but from trillions of little inhabitants living in its stomachs, going through a constant frenzy of growth, division, multiplying, and eventually dying.

A cow doesn’t eat grass. A cow eats bacteria, which grow on the grass that it ferments in its stomach. The reason that a cow eats grass is to provide a food source for its real meal — the bacteria. It’s the bacteria that break down the hard-to-digest cellulose in grass and convert it into a plethora of different amino acids, which in turn become the building blocks for creating a 1,200 pound animal.

It reminded me of whales that eat krill and grow to gigantic sizes.

Last edited:
Yesterday I learned that there is such a thing as Ambergris. Ambergris is the anal secretion of the spermwhale - not excrement but an oily substance in its gut that protects the gut against indigestible substances. A form of alcohol that is extracted from it is used in the perfume industry as a fixative.

Youth in China are protesting the barbaric work conditions and long hours of 12 hours a day, 6 days a week minimum, by "laying down on the job". They all literally show up to work in the factories, and lay on the floor for 12 hours straight.

Did you know that the Men Without Hats song, "The Safety Dance" is a protest song against venue security breaking up mosh pits?

New Threads

Top Bottom