• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Today I become a deacon

undertheradar

Today I will become a deacon... This has been a long process nearly 6 months

Last night I had my ordination council where I essentially got grilled on matters of theology... I was not really sure what anyone was going to ask me. There are some questions that I honestly had to tell them, I don't have an answer for that

It turns out, that many of the questions that I could not answer, it was simply that I wasn't understanding what was being asked. But for the most part, the gentleman did a really good job breaking down the questions if I needed them to.

One of the questions that I had trouble with, turned out it was just because of the way it was asked, although it turns out that my pastor actually failed the same question when it was asked of him at his ordination council.

This has been a brutal road... And I move down here I intended to only stay for maybe 6 months to a year but the more my wife and I prayed about it the more we decided that we were going to live here so we built a house... it is not done yet

The role of Deacon in our church is actually somewhat odd as it seems to actually function somewhat in the way of an elder, but mostly that we because we do not have elders

What denomination? I come from a Catholic background of which a deacon is a very different thing and more akin to a priest than any deacon in a Protestant faith.

What denomination? I come from a Catholic background of which a deacon is a very different thing and more akin to a priest than any deacon in a Protestant faith.
Protestant

Yes I am quite familiar with the deacons role in the Catholic faith... almost like a priest training ground

Been awhile since I heard the term "deacon". Other than Deacon Jones, Deacon Frey or Deacon Frost!

Some referred to serial killer Dennis Rader (BTK) as a "deacon", though in that denomination (Lutheran) I think he went by a formal title of "president of the church council".

However the actual work done seemed essentially the same. A "lay member" who accomplishes various tasks to help out the local clergy.

New Threads

Top Bottom