• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tips for recurring headache?

silent ABAB

So it's winter (as you could probably guess), and I love it. On the other hand, my room is RIGHT next door to the heater (my room is the farthest away from anyone else's). Now, some could say "What's the deal?", and I could say something along the lines of "I feel like my head is about to explode". I practically have a headache now 24/7 because everywhere I go, there are machines running to generate heat. My main problems are the heater next door, the fridge upstairs(actually the worst), and the fish tank also upstairs. Anyway, I NEED some kind of reusable source to block noise. Please don't suggest anything big or bulky, I don't want to look like a hipster and I want to be agile on my toes, literally my toes and front part of my feet by the way.(I mean generally moving around the house) Also, please no meds, unless they literally can also block the high pitched noise that's seemingly always around to pierce my eardrums for no good reason. (I really should have just stayed deaf >.>)

I find the silicone kind to be better than the expanding foam ones. I'm sorry I can't give you a brand, but if you're in the states you should be able to find them at the drugstore. The only downside is that if you have long hair (that goes over your ears) hair will stick to it and be really unpleasant to remove!

I've been getting slight headaches every few days for months and the usual worse ones during my period. It's not normal is it? Why am I getting them so frequently? I drink water, maybe not enough. Is it my diet? I was stressed, but not so much now.

I've been getting slight headaches every few days for months and the usual worse ones during my period. It's not normal is it? Why am I getting them so frequently? I drink water, maybe not enough. Is it my diet? I was stressed, but not so much now.
Sleep, stress, and caffeine are usually the main culprits behind mundane body issues that I know of. Have you recently had a change in your intake of caffeine or perhaps something else like tobacco? Have you been sitting funny so that they may be "tension headaches"?

Here's a list of headaches I found. I kind of like it since it doesn't jump to the usual "ohmigosh you gotta tumor you gonna die" like most articles discussing body aches and puzzling things. Maybe one of the descriptions will ring a bell?

Sleep, stress, and caffeine are usually the main culprits behind mundane body issues that I know of. Have you recently had a change in your intake of caffeine or perhaps something else like tobacco? Have you been sitting funny so that they may be "tension headaches"?

Here's a list of headaches I found. I kind of like it since it doesn't jump to the usual "ohmigosh you gotta tumor you gonna die" like most articles discussing body aches and puzzling things. Maybe one of the descriptions will ring a bell?
I've been stressed on and off. Caffeine intake hasn't changed. May need to cut back on it though and see if that helps. Don't think I've been sitting funny. Thanks for the link. Stress is definitely one of them. And anxiety. I try to relax as much as possible.

I've been stressed on and off. Caffeine intake hasn't changed. May need to cut back on it though and see if that helps. Don't think I've been sitting funny. Thanks for the link. Stress is definitely one of them. And anxiety. I try to relax as much as possible.
No prob. I hope the stress goes away soon, and if that isn't the cause, you find the source soon. =)

New Threads

Top Bottom