• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tiny blue flowers

Starflowerpower87

7AD3EA18-B388-45C6-A678-B82A4C2D157E.jpeg

Those are Forget-Me-Not flowers. Very nice color. I have them in my garden. :) It's said that they should be given to people you don't want to forget you.

Yes, they are Forget-Me-Nots, one of my favorite flowers. They are so tiny, but packed with the clearest blue, accented with yellow centers. I don't have them cultivated here, but we do seem them wild when I am traveling north.

Oh I didn't know these were forget me nots. Thanks guys. I wonder where the name of the flower came from?

I have read that it started in Germany, where they called it "Vergissmeinnicht". Which means Forget Me Not. Most stories involving that flower came from Germany and countries close to Germany in the beginning. One story mentions two lovers walking by the Danube River and seeing the small blue flowers there. The man picked some of them for the woman, but he fell into the river and was swept away and the last thing he said to her was to not forget him. "Vergissmeinnicht mein liebling!". I'm guessing the next thing he said after that was "Hilfe!!" :fearscream:

It's just a quincidence that we don't call these flowers "For-God's-Sake-Throw-Me-A-Rope-Or-Something-Don't-Just-Stand-There".

So the flower is now a symbol of fidelity and honesty and love. It's given to people you love and you should give it to people you don't want to forget you.

Its scientific name is Myosotis, it means Mouse's Ear. The petals resemble mouse ears. :)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom