• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

This past week my brother passed away from self harm

I have nothing much to add to what has already been said, but I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry.

Glorified and sanctified be God's great name throughout the world which He has created according to His will. May He establish His kingdom in your lifetime and during your days, and within the life of the entire House of Israel, speedily and soon; and say, Amen.

May His great name be blessed forever and to all eternity.

Blessed and praised, glorified and exalted, extolled and honored, adored and lauded be the name of the Holy One, blessed be He, beyond all the blessings and hymns, praises and consolations that are ever spoken in the world; and say, Amen.

May there be abundant peace from heaven, and life, for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.

He who creates peace in His celestial heights, may He create peace for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.

1657950827583.png

Now and Forever, May Adonai bless and keep your family
May Adonai make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you (with hope and healing)
May Adonai lift up His Countenance to you, and may Adonai bless you and your family with a warm blanket of His Shalom.

It's hard. I'm sorry. But we're all here for you. Love from Oregon.

XO

Last edited:
I am very sorry.

When thinking doesnt show me any way, I try to just do good material things for those who I love. Cleaning here, preparing a meal, hugging, giving a car drive... anything.

Im not good with emotions, I wish I could give you more support.:(

I have no siblings or children.
My condolences you do have. I know how devastating this loss can feel.

There is a line from an ad about depression that always strikes a chord for me:
" I don't want to die, but, I don't want to live either."
Perhaps he has found freedom from a suffering he must have felt he couldn't stand.

Take time now to take care of yourself and grieve in your own way. :cry:

Being a Fellow ASPIE this may help, I also had a stroke a few months after my brothers passing. during the stroke , unusual experiences happened that really got me to reflect. I have an deep interest in physics, what happened when woke up from the stroke left me with some insights and a profound desire to gather as much information I could on the nature of information. Which I did once I left the hospital. So I wrote this brief synapsis.

Attachments

• Is there life after death.pdf
    385.8 KB · Views: 50
I come from an Orthodox Jewish family , I should preface this first , for if you are familiar with the process of shiva you might know the difficulties this entails (such as immediate burial, immense planning, and the process of sitting shiva.)

My brother took his life by way of self harm . He was 46 , a good 12 years older than myself.

He was an artist who’s life was reminiscent of Vincent Van Gogh (one of his favorite artists). He was troubled at times, yet immensely successful as scholar.

He suffered from depression/anxiety his whole life, while probably feeling different. Early on he was diagnosed with OCD and it is assumed he had Asperger’s/ASD due to his mannerism.

He had 2 kids whom he was estranged from and getting in touch with them will be difficult due to circumstances.

Now i find myself trying to figure out why he did what he did , pickup the pieces and try to move forward. I’m not sure what to think. There is anger and understanding at the same time.

Please, if you have lost a sibling or child , tell me what do I do to assist a parent or myself to move forward to a better place physically and mentally.

Thank you for reading.
Be there for each other. I am sorry for your loss. May you all live and be well.

My condolences, I'm so sorry you have lost your brother. He made that one decision that can not be undone :(

I had several relatives commit suicide, my "adopted" grandmother jumped into a river. It still makes me cry when I think about it.
I know how you can end up blaming yourself, believing you could have prevented it... Promise me to not follow that thought, it leads nowhere.

Hold him in your heart, think of all the good times you had with him. Stay with loved ones. It takes time. We all mourn differently.

Wishing you all the best.

New Threads

Top Bottom