• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thinking of Leaving Christianity

I understand many christians are kind and hospitible however most not as friendly to lgbqs im not gay or bi but siding with them, most are nice people and should not be condemmed. Chick Filet has good food but no excuse to be anti gay or bi. Homophobia is hate and the bible condemns homosexuality and sees it as an abomination. I dont agree and burning in hell for eternity for doing whats natural for them is ok? Im not buying it.Im not gay or bi however if the chtistianity condems any gay or bi friends to hell ill take their place to protect them, send me to a place that does not exist, call me a homo enabler i dont care they are my friends.

I agree. Homophobia is dumb. It's not just religion, though. Men are supposed to reject anything that equates them with women, hence their aggression and aversion to homosexuality (male homosexuality anyway).

If Jesus returns he must understand if not ill sheild my lgbq friends from his wrath.Hell commwnd me and forgive me and reconsider the anti lgbq views the bible has.

I understand many christians are kind and hospitible however most not as friendly to lgbqs im not gay or bi but siding with them, most are nice people and should not be condemmed. Chick Filet has good food but no excuse to be anti gay or bi. Homophobia is hate and the bible condemns homosexuality and sees it as an abomination. I dont agree and burning in hell for eternity for doing whats natural for them is ok? Im not buying it.Im not gay or bi however if the chtistianity condems any gay or bi friends to hell ill take their place to protect them, send me to a place that does not exist, call me a homo enabler i dont care they are my friends.
Exactly. I don't want to be hated for how I was born.

I was never religious at all. Never intended to be. TBH, I only mentioned Wicca to my parents just to mess with them a bit.

I was never religious at all. Never intended to be. TBH, I only mentioned Wicca to my parents just to mess with them a bit.

So, the stuff about how excited you were to be getting baptized,
it was just a lie. You thought this would make your life easier,
somehow? To pretend?

So, the stuff about how excited you were to be getting baptized,
it was just a lie. You thought this would make your life easier,
somehow? To pretend?
I only did so to make my parents happy. I think it's become ridiculous now, though.

I'm just tired of the extremists giving normal Christians such as me a bad rep by default. The problem is that the extremists are unfortunately the most vocal. I don't want to be put in that group.

Another reason is that I forgot why I became Christian in the first place. I was born into a Christian family, but haven't decided until recently to become a Christian. However, I already forgot why I did. Was it just to satisfy my parent's wants? Was there any reason at all. I have no idea anymore. Not much has changed much at all since I became a Christian.

I also don't think Christianity is the right choice for me. I don't think it's for me. Yeah, evangelists want to convert people into Christians, but they do that without consideration that Christianity just ain't compatible with some. It isn't even compatible with me, a person that has pretty much been born into it.

However, since I believe in spirits and ghosts, I think it would be hard for me to become no-religious. I think I might try Wicca. I think that'd be more compatible with me. I'm currently doing the research necessary to do so.

IDK what else to say to close off this post. I guess just leave your thoughts and questions and I'll try to respond to them. Sorry if this was a bit of a mess at parts. I'm trying not to let my family see this as I'm typing it. I don't want them to know yet.

I submit that if you educate yourself in science from credible sources you may stop believing in the supernatural.

My parents have been fundamentalist evangelical Christians for over 30 years.

Had to live with it for 12 years then left home 21 years ago but still respected their beliefs, until I started educating myself, they started making more of an effort to make me believe their whacky conspiracy theories / prophecies - I then realised they've been taken for a ride, are wasting their lives and are very hypocritical.

Irrational thinking when taken to the extreme is dangerous - especially for someone with mental health issues like my mum clearly does - she lives in a delusional bubble where she has a personal relationship with Jesus, even to point where she thinks he talks to her and influences her life.

Remove this behaviour from its religious context and how would it normally be described?

Schizophrenia.

And yet they have people with degrees trying to prove the existence of ghosts.

People can still be highly educated and believe in the supernatural - we are humans and therefore capable of biases and irrationality even when presented with evidence.

There is no credible evidence to support its existence.

Human perception is not a valid source of evidence.

Show me a peer reviewed paper that proves the existence of the supernatural.

Don't use the excuse that science doesn't know everything / scientific evidence isn't everything either - that would be lazy and would prove that you don't truly understand science or the nature of reality / human perception.

What system other than the scientific method can produce verifiable and reproducible results using logical methods?

Last edited:
What system other than the scientific method can produce verifiable and reproducible results using logical methods?

I suppose that depends on what truly constitutes "scientific" methods. On occasion, a sheer force of will absent of various protocols of scientific investigation can achieve some great things.

Christopher Columbus and Ferdinand Magellan pretty much put an end to the myth that the world was flat. They were sailors and explorers- not scientists.

Two bicycle mechanics in North Carolina successfully demonstrated that powered manned flight was possible.

And a high school graduate proved to an army of aeronautical engineers that in fact, the sound barrier could be broken. Chuck Yeager simply went and did it, much like those two bicycle mechanics Orville and Wilbur Wright.

In essence, not every scientific breakthrough occurs exclusively through rigid standards of scientific research.

Show me a peer reviewed paper that proves the existence of the supernatural.

You would probably still need to see and experience it yourself to believe it.

Don't use the excuse that science doesn't know everything / scientific evidence isn't everything either - that would be lazy and would prove that you don't truly understand science or the nature of reality / human perception.

I don't see science and christanity as separate entities. After all if you want to understand how something works. Who better to ask then your creator? Both work best together. Science can't explain everything on its own. Because humans dont fully understand every aspect of the various subjects science covers. Were always learning, growing our knowledge, correct mistaken ideas. Autism is a good example of science being unable to understand or explain a subject. Even tell us how or why it happens. But with God's help. I think we could begin to understand and fill the gaps science alone cant.

One can leave religion altogether, and still have God in a spiritual sense.

One can have no need for gods or religious guidelines without disrespecting the beliefs of others. I've never, nor will I ever have any religious belief and I loathe people who try to "convert" others, but I equally hate to see atheists who try to convince people of faith that they are in the wrong.

Religion, or lack of it, is a personal choice. That choice is always to be respected. That's not a religious nor a secular law, it's just common human decency.

I hope you stay in the faith. Faith is a gift from God. People tend to confuse faith and religion. Faith is accepting what God has done for us. Religion is what we do for God. True religion is motivated by faith. The Bible is the true, inerrant & inspired Word of the Living God. My faith wavers. There are times I have served God as I should & there are times I have failed Him in every way possible. Jesus said in John 14:15 "If ye love Me, keep my commandments." Easier said than done, that's for sure. Let God guide you, He will never lead you into harm.

New Threads

Top Bottom