• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thinking of Leaving Christianity

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I'm just tired of the extremists giving normal Christians such as me a bad rep by default. The problem is that the extremists are unfortunately the most vocal. I don't want to be put in that group.

Another reason is that I forgot why I became Christian in the first place. I was born into a Christian family, but haven't decided until recently to become a Christian. However, I already forgot why I did. Was it just to satisfy my parent's wants? Was there any reason at all. I have no idea anymore. Not much has changed much at all since I became a Christian.

I also don't think Christianity is the right choice for me. I don't think it's for me. Yeah, evangelists want to convert people into Christians, but they do that without consideration that Christianity just ain't compatible with some. It isn't even compatible with me, a person that has pretty much been born into it.

However, since I believe in spirits and ghosts, I think it would be hard for me to become no-religious. I think I might try Wicca. I think that'd be more compatible with me. I'm currently doing the research necessary to do so.

IDK what else to say to close off this post. I guess just leave your thoughts and questions and I'll try to respond to them. Sorry if this was a bit of a mess at parts. I'm trying not to let my family see this as I'm typing it. I don't want them to know yet.

The question is what do you believe in? What do you feel about it? Not about the church and other people but about the God, Christ etc. I know many Christians with similar views as you that tend to say that 'they believe in God but not in the Church'. Analyse it in peace, entangle thoughts you have on both and then decide. Maybe you are right and it's not compatible with you. Then, just let something else come in time.

I'm going through a crisis of faith. Not sure where I'll end up but the road has been longer and rougher without feeling Him with me.

True faith has to be something you truly believe in, not something you "do" out of habit and other people's expectations. Faith & religion should be a choice, not an obligation and faith without doubt is no faith at all.
Seek your own way, and choose your own destiny. If the path leads you back to Christianity then it was likely right for you in the first place and it'll be by your own choice. If not then enjoy the journey until you find where you want to be whether that involves a god or not :)

There are also Christian witches, just so you know.

Are you going to a church and if so, does it feel like a goid match for you? [You do not have to answer, just to yourself]. If not, Maybe try some other churches.

You can talk to your pastor, minister, priest, or spiritual advisor.

You can certainly explore the history of religion, other religious belies and practices, or world legends.

You can so nothing.

All of this is up to you. Think about what YOU truly believe.

I am sorry about the extremists that are around. Your friends know you are not an extremist.

Giving up your religious practice because of what other people think is a rather unfortunate choice.

Whatever you decide, I believe In you.

There are also Christian witches, just so you know.

Are you going to a church and if so, does it feel like a goid match for you? [You do not have to answer, just to yourself]. If not, Maybe try some other churches.

You can talk to your pastor, minister, priest, or spiritual advisor.

You can certainly explore the history of religion, other religious belies and practices, or world legends.

You can so nothing.

All of this is up to you. Think about what YOU truly believe.
I got to church. Worship is too loud, and I just don't see why I have to be there. Can't people be Christian without going to church at all? I like learning about the world. I would definitely be researching that.
I am sorry about the extremists that are around. Your friends know you are not an extremist.
Try telling that to my best friend. It's obvious that pretty much all Christians that are prevelant in the media/that're vocal are extremists.
Giving up your religious practice because of what other people think is a rather unfortunate choice.

Whatever you decide, I believe In you.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

You seem familiar only with the noisy, evangelical, political, and Arminian types of Christians, who are quite common in the United States. Have you considered Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, or the Eastern Orthodox? They aren't loud, political, or based on "decision theology."

Can't people be Christian without going to church at all? Answer yes. Ive been doing it for years with a bible and prayer. Simply learning the lessons by living my life. And searching for meaning in the world around me. Ive found answers to some of mans oldest questions. Seen things in a new light. Theres so many answers in the bible. Dont let go yet. Read the words and explore it for yourself. And if it matters i use king james bible.

I'm just tired of the extremists giving normal Christians such as me a bad rep by default. The problem is that the extremists are unfortunately the most vocal. I don't want to be put in that group.

Another reason is that I forgot why I became Christian in the first place. I was born into a Christian family, but haven't decided until recently to become a Christian. However, I already forgot why I did. Was it just to satisfy my parent's wants? Was there any reason at all. I have no idea anymore. Not much has changed much at all since I became a Christian.

I also don't think Christianity is the right choice for me. I don't think it's for me. Yeah, evangelists want to convert people into Christians, but they do that without consideration that Christianity just ain't compatible with some. It isn't even compatible with me, a person that has pretty much been born into it.

However, since I believe in spirits and ghosts, I think it would be hard for me to become no-religious. I think I might try Wicca. I think that'd be more compatible with me. I'm currently doing the research necessary to do so.

IDK what else to say to close off this post. I guess just leave your thoughts and questions and I'll try to respond to them. Sorry if this was a bit of a mess at parts. I'm trying not to let my family see this as I'm typing it. I don't want them to know yet.

People often confuse religion with dogmas of the church and end up with contradictory opinions and feelings. Many of such dogmas have nothing to do with religion at all.

Your bisexual many churches and the bible give toxic ideolgies against it and its mentally damaging to you glad your leaving with me. Be free.

I got to church. Worship is too loud, and I just don't see why I have to be there. Can't people be Christian without going to church at all? I like learning about the world. I would definitely be researching that.

Try telling that to my best friend. It's obvious that pretty much all Christians that are prevelant in the media/that're vocal are extremists.

Thank you. I appreciate it.
Remember you don’t make faith you are given faith

Lots of non-religious people have paranormal experiences. I've had them, and I've never been a member or believer in any religion. Have you seen a ghost or something?

Try telling that to my best friend. It's obvious that pretty much all Christians that are prevelant in the media/that're vocal are extremists

It's too bad that the media are little more that Machiavellian charlatans. Religious zealots make people angry, and anger sells newspapers/advertisements, so the media focuses on the fundamentalists, not on the many sane, kind people who call themselves Christians. So I'd say, don't let what the media chooses to report on sway your values and beliefs. Decide for yourself, which you seem to be doing.

Christianity has not been friendly to the lgbq community so cannot blame him he is bi and the bible frowns on it.

Christianity has not been friendly to the lgbq community so cannot blame him he is bi and the bible frowns on it.

I don't think Christianity (or any of the Abrahamic religions) have been very friendly to anyone, ever. But I know quite a few Christians who are very kind, well-meaning people.

I don't think Christianity (or any of the Abrahamic religions) have been very friendly to anyone, ever. But I know quite a few Christians who are very kind, well-meaning people.
I understand many christians are kind and hospitible however most not as friendly to lgbqs im not gay or bi but siding with them, most are nice people and should not be condemmed. Chick Filet has good food but no excuse to be anti gay or bi. Homophobia is hate and the bible condemns homosexuality and sees it as an abomination. I dont agree and burning in hell for eternity for doing whats natural for them is ok? Im not buying it.Im not gay or bi however if the chtistianity condems any gay or bi friends to hell ill take their place to protect them, send me to a place that does not exist, call me a homo enabler i dont care they are my friends.

Last edited:
I stand my ground end the anti gay agenda bible thumpers, its wrong you think its right because the book said so, wake up.

New Threads

Top Bottom