• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

thinking of asking a girl out crazy huh

thejuice

She keeps looking in my general direction or makes eye contact and smiles unsolicited when Im at the cafe. Problem is when i try to talk to her she gets all shy so Its a bit confusing!

If a girl looks at a guy and then goes shy, that does mean she likes the look of the guy.

Why don't you ask if she would like a coffee or something?

Ive tried asking her questions and things but its not easy shes so shy with me. I only know her name from over hearing it. Im kinda rushing it because she is due to go back to uni soon

im having nightmares of getting it wrong and looking stupid in front of her coworkers
OK, first of all, and I am laughing here, you're approaching this the "old school" way, which I love. That said, most heterosexual males, back in my day, were "shot down" frequently. We just rolled with it. You have to give yourself some grace here, and DO have a sense of humor about yourself.

If you are nervous and your mouth starts dribbling out a bunch of non-sensical gibberish, welcome to the club. Smile, have a bit of laugh at yourself, and keep on with the conversation. It's never like the movies with actors and well-written scripts and well-directed camera shots.

At any rate, success or fail, she will be flattered if you just approach things very sweetly with her. A very calm, relaxed, but assertive attitude will go a long way towards making her comfortable.

Go for it!

You might regret it later if you don't give it a shot :) - I understand it isn't easy, but it can be cute if a guy is visible shy/nervous, and think about how shy she seems, it's not like she wont understand :) - don't worry about looking stupid in front of her coworkers (it's natural to worry, but her co-workers are not the important people here - don't let it stop you). Just remember to respect a no from her.

The worst that can happen is that she says no, and you get an experience that you can use to learn something that you can use the next time.

It's better to look like a fool, ask her out, then regret you didn't do it 30 years later. Looking stupid or foolish is okay once in awhile. Like when l asked the lady her delivery date, and she wasn't preggies. :)

i definitely will regret not shooting my shot. Its a relief sometimes just to be shot down weirdly.

I asked her about her band T shirt the other day and her friend making coffee laughed I wonder what that meant!

Don't attach too much importance, maybe it was cute, and her friend laughed nervously. @thejuice Don't be afraid to be yourself. One guy said he asks a thousand women out, because one may say yes.

Tell her you should get together and hang out sometime and then ask for her phone number. You can start texting her.

She keeps looking in my general direction or makes eye contact and smiles unsolicited when Im at the cafe. Problem is when i try to talk to her she gets all shy so Its a bit confusing!
Perhaps just keep it at greetings until you are familiar to her. Then you can think of asking her out. Her acting shy could be a number of things, and just being shy is one of them. Shy girls find sensitive, intellectual, guys attractive. Have patience with her and she may need reassurance at each step. Good Luck!

Thing is she's not shy with anyone else she seems quite extraverted. Today she seemed to loosen up a bit eventually. I think I do make people nervous with my nervousness so it complicates it a bit. She's sticking around till mid January apparently so I can take it slower. Which is a good thing as I had totally bottled asking her out. It was too awkward.

i definitely will regret not shooting my shot. Its a relief sometimes just to be shot down weirdly.

I asked her about her band T shirt the other day and her friend making coffee laughed I wonder what that meant!
I always say life is too short. You don't want to live with any regrets. So go for it. Honestly you have nothing really to lose. Trust me you will regret not trying.

New Threads

Top Bottom