• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things you enjoy that others typically dislike doing.

Sometimes tests in school are easy for me and really though for others, but sometimes also easy for others and though for me. Also, some people don't enjoy watching sport on TV that I enjoy, a specially strange sport that I watch and others do not is cycling. Sometimes I gather some data that is completely uninteresting to others, mostly about sport or meteorology.

Before I retired, I made all the ink for my employer. a very physical job, at the time they did not trust any one else doing this, cost of colour issue's expensive. fortunately I an old farm guy labour never bothered me. Stroke two weeks before official retirement, lucky I was on vacation at home.

I like licking envelope glue. I don’t get to do it very often given how emails and online payments have overtaken the need for envelopes. I just like the taste. I also enjoy running dishes through the machine at work. I kind of like the feeling of the steam that the machine gives off to a certain point.

Cleaning windows & frames.
especially in the low, UK winter sun.
Bringing them up to an almost mirror like finish.

Polishing brasses and silver.

Using a rotary polisher to buff marble floors. The shine is exquisite.

Waxing my car.

I have a penchant for light refraction :)

my obsession, so to speak, is in removing all that has no business being there. - skin oils, fingerprints, tarnish, watermarks, dust, footprints etc to allow the light to bounce off the surface uninterrupted. :)

Walking a long distance when weather permits it.
wish I could do that right now, nerve in my leg is very sensitive to temperature. left foot swelling, not walking enough, Mall warm no place to sit as all seating removed due to covid. Stationary bike OK not the same as walking.

Staying very quiet and alone for longs periods of time while reading random Wikipedia articles about all sorts of aspects of the world.

Imagine that while being born in a tropical culture where every time is party time and blasting crappy music at 2:00 A.M. on residential areas may as well be the national sport.

New Threads

Top Bottom